“Great”

Ranked #210 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Great”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Lovely hotel, a lovely boutique hotel with a great location and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time and would go back there again. Great recommendations for day trips and dinner and resturants

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Daniel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was really perfect for our short stay in Paris. It is in a beautiful location on a quiet street which is close to the Champs Élysées and an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower. The room was clean and relatively spacious given it is a small old hotel. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I had read reviews about the breakfast room being small but we really did not find that to be an issue. My husband, my ten year old son and I shared a triple room and there was a more than adequate pull out couch for my son.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank suharbottle
Portland, Or
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We spent six days at this charming hotel. It is located blocks from the Champs Elysee, Eiffel Tower, Metro, Seine, RER - could not have been more convenient. The neighborhood has a range of strong dining options (although they are all expensive) and there is a market within close walking distance. The hotel staff was consistently warm, courteous and helpful. The property is in excellent condition - well-maintained and well-decorated in a classic style. It's a relatively small hotel which works to the advantage of the establishment - it's managed in a very professional way and no one crowds your space, but there is a human scale to the experience. We would recommend it highly and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: We faced the street on the first floor and were very happy with it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel as far as location goes. We were able to walk around to all of the major shopping the first afternoon we arrived (within an hour of the stores closing) then we walked seeing the Opera, Gallery, tunnel where Princess Di died and took pictures of the Eifiel Tower from across the river. Pretty good for the first afternoon! We took a quick cab ride the next day to the Hard Rock Cafe, where we had to pick up our on-off bus pass. By the way, it cost us 80? in a taxi from Paris CDG. The hotel staff said they could get us a car for 85? and a cab would be 60?, so she recommended a cab. Since it was so even we had the hotel get us a car for our return trip since we had an early flight.

As far as the hotel itself, we had a deluxe room. I dont know anything about hotels in Paris, but for the price we didn't feel that we got that much. The hotel and rooms are just really old, which was a disappointment to us. To some extent the charm was great, but new carpet would have been a major improvement. In order for the AC to work, you must keep the windows closed. It automatically turns off when you open the window. It took us awhile to figure that out! Like others have said, the toilet is in a separate room from the bathroom. I felt like it was in a closet. The shower was very nice and had plenty of pressure and hot water. In general, the room was very clean and housekeeping knew when they could come clean because whenever we left the hotel we were asked to return our room key "for emergencies." I thought that was a little strange, but we did as we were asked by the reception desk and they gave our key back each time we returned. When you're in the room you have to put the room key (card) in a slot to run the lights. It's a great way to keep their electric clsts down, but don't plan on charging any electronics while you are gone for the day. We had our breakfast delivered to our room. It was prompt and served hot. The choices were so limited that continental breakfast shouldn't really be advertised.

The hotel really was okay, and I liked the location, but if I were to do it again, I'd definitely look around a little more. My travel agent found this hotel and I booked it based on Trip Advisor reviews + website pictures and expected a little more so I just want to share my thoughts for the next person. ?

5 Thank angsamp
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The decor is what distinguishes this hotel from others. The small 40 room setting make this a very warm and friendly environment. the staff was friendly and very helpful.the breakfast was mainly continental.we did have a power outage during my stay, walking down a spiral stair case was not fun.the location was great for restaurants and shopping. close to the eiffel tower.

Room Tip: a suite for more than 3
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn J
Dubai
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We actually stayed there over a year ago, and because I really loved this boutique Parisian hotel so much, I thought I'd write a review (late better than sorry)
I'm a very high critique as I have seen and visited the best hotels in the world from large resorts to small hidden boutique hotels...and this one is just that....the hotel is beautifully small with two tiny elevators and very Parisian style decorations...the room and bathroom are also very Parisian style, very clean, very cozy, with a view on a narrow street that is 10minute walk to Champs Elysee and a minute walk to the famous designer shops ave Montaigne....even Eiffel Tower is a short walk....there are lovely restaurants around the hotel as well
The breakfast at the hotel is outstanding and served in a very cozy environment...we were late once (about 5 minutes) to breakfast closing time...while the waitress was a bit rude and told us in a rude way they're close, once I brought this to the attention of the Lady at the front desk (I believe she was the owner) she immediately reopened the breakfast just for us and did all necessary measures to discipline the rude waitress...It is service like this in the middle of Paris that makes me go back to this beautiful place

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shadi74
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very smart and we found the staff we met to be very helpful. The breakfast room is small but perfectly functional and the continental breakfast was plentiful, with enough variety for our three days. our room was situated on the 1st floor at the back of the hotel. Had we not seen other guests at breakfast we could have been alone as the hotel is that peaceful and that was during the Tour de France!

In a very good location to explore paris on foot, easy access to several metro stations. Plenty of bars / restaurants in surrounding streets that appeared to cater for all tastes and budgets. If you are looking to eat well but on a budget simply venture away from away from the hotel and the champs élysées.

If we are lucky enough to visit paris again and had the budget we would not hesitate to say here as we liked the decor, atmosphere and above all location!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple