Mercure Paris Gare Montparnasse
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$334
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$164
US$411
US$389
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$164
US$211
US$178
US$1,788
US$1,358
  • Pool
1,422 results
All reviewsedgar quinetlively streetnice hotelhotel is locatedsmall streetgood sizeeiffel towerconvenient locationlong weekendexcellent locationrestaurants and barsbathroom doorsofa bedspacious roomstayed here for nightsluxembourg gardenscroissants
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Comment disclaimer:My review is my opinion. At times, some may disagree, however it is my opinion only.

I was just checked into room 501 and after we turned the heat on there was a rotten-sulfur smell. I tried explaining it to the front desk clerk but at first he didn't understand me. He at first offered a maintenance man to fix "the smell" however I don't really know how one can do that nor I was not interested in staying in the room any longer. The front desk albeit obliged to my request to change the room was quite short and abrupt for such a fair request. When I did ask for the key he was very rude and did not even apologize for the condition of the room, I know it's not his fault the room was smelly but he should have at minimum offered condolonces. BAD customer service is my point. In addition the hotel is advertised as a 4 star but the rooms and condition is quite outdated and old. Paint is chipped off in parts of the hallway. In addition when we checked in this afternoon, the female front desk clerk was unknowledgeable about private airport shuttle from the hotel, only pointed to some direction and map for a bus. I would have been ok with the outdated condition of the hotel if the customer service experience was satisfactory but I will not be able to provide a positive rating when both of these areas need a great deal of improvement by management. I even emailed the customer service contact on the website to give them a fair chance to respond but their email response was unhelpful nor did not meet the standards of other customer satisfaction I have experienced at other hotels. It is obvious they only cater to tours, priceline, requests. there are much better deals in town with better service. It is obvious management here does not go out of the way for the customer so just keep that in check.

If you are looking for just a place to stay this place may do if you are looking for a bathroom and wifi and bed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank flyingflipflops
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The hotel is very well located and we had the chance to have a window to the backyard, view on the Montparnasse Tower.

If you know Mercure, you will have no surprises, same standard across the world, and no exception here. From a price/value ratio persspective this is perfectly ok.

Metro stations all around and huge choise of restaurants and shops in the neighborhood.

Room was clean, eventhough carpets are not our first choice in hotels (hygiene is poor, there are better alternatives). Rooms interior furnishing quite funny, who designs weird tables like that?? Bed was very good quality, bathroom ok, toilet bowl seemed to come off the wall, however, everytime one would sit on it. Very scary noise, but it didn't come off, so all went well.

Breakfast was just fine, all one would need, sweet, salty, fruit, eggs, juice,... nothing to complain about! Service was fast and polite.

Room Tip: rooms to the back will most probably be quite, at least this was our case.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ulrich L
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hotel is need of renovation-had a pipe burst in our room on the last day at Mercure. We didn't realise till we got up and stepped into a puddle!Informed the reception staff immediately, and were promised that somebody would pop in to have a look at it, but nobody did and it seemed that they werent very much bothered about it t all. So this must be an ongoing issue, we think.... Room was too small for a family, therefore I'd definitely recommend to search for a more nicer hotel. The only good thing about it is the location:close to Gare and Gaite, also easy walking distance all over the city...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gita B
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Clean good size rooms , especially for Paris. Excellent location near gare montparnasse, on a street with lots of eating choices, theatres and sex shops. 10 mins from Boulevard Montparnasse with even more choice. Metro at the end of the street.
This is a very safe choice south of the river.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank john222333
PATRICIA B, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your reviews about your recent stay at Mercure Paris Gare Montparnasse.
My team and I are pleased to read you spent an enjoyable time with us !

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again,
Patricia BRIMBEUF

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for one night while meeting family in Paris. The hotel is pretty well your stock standard Mercure chain hotel, nothing exceptional but the room was clean, with a well-equipped modern bathroom and well-located for access to Montparnasse station - a very short walk. It is also very close to the Gaite metro station so it is excellent in terms getting around Paris. It is not a hotel du charme or anything like that but ideal digs for a short stay in a central location as you will want for nothing. We ate in the restaurant and it was quite nice and the service efficient but there are numerous restaurants within metres of stepping outside the door of this hotel. It wasn't bad at all.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room at the back away from the street (the area has a lot of restaurants and sex shops, theatres so can be noisy).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra B,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Kind regards,