“Impressive hotel in the city”
Review of Hotel Baldi

Hotel Baldi
Ranked #1,199 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is very impressive to live and to travel around Paris.

There was only a thing to inconvenient about there is no elevetor of the Train station nearby (Segur and another one (i cant remember))

Except that the hotel is very nice, large space of bathroom

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yoh D

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is located about 10 blocks from the busy tourist areas of Paris. It was perfect for us, as we wanted to be away from those areas. It is located near the metro stops, so that is convenient, and easy to get to all the touristy areas. Rooms are small, shower is very small, but that is typical for all of Europe. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. It is more like a 2 star, so don't go there expecting 4 star accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J B
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived late at night and had no problems checking in quickly. The room we had was on the top floor and we had some very impressive views. The metro runs right past the hotel, so it can be a little noisy, but with windows closed, its not bad at all. Beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean. Large bathroom was very nice after other experiences in Europe. The bathroom fan was kind of noisy, but as long as we had the bathroom door closed when we went to sleep, it wasnt a problem. We didnt do their breakfast, so I have no comments there.

Room Tip: Top floor for the best room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jerod A
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staying at Hotel Baldi was a very positive experience. Not only was it easy to book online, my email queries posted prior to my arrival were answered within a day.

The hotel is centrally located and that was a huge plus as this was my first time in Paris traveling alone. I was able to travel by train from the airport directly to the hotel with two heavy bags that was really convenient.
Staff were really amazing, so friendly and very helpful and went the extra mile. The room is not big but has all the essentials and the most amazing complementary soaps and body lotion.

Such good value for money, the breakfast is really great loved the fact that I could take away cheese and whatever I wanted with me to last me through the day. I will stay there agin when I come through next year.

Fell in love with the old school elevator reminded me of the old movies I love watching.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 416Mandz
Reviewed 16 October 2013

When ou stay in Paris you are bound to stay in small rooms. SUch is the law of the land. Want to know why? Check out some realtors in the surrounding and you'll get lost with the amounts of zeros in the prices... The room was small but OK. Almost no storage space and I figured I would use the minifridge for my shirts, almost. But the bathroom and the elevator requires course in strategic use. Go in backwards, face first, last out, and so on. But I encountered difficulties in raising my hand (with shampoo) to my head, in the shower.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great if you want to be by UNESCO. There are 2 metro stops within 2 blocks, walk to the Eiffel tower or the Invalides. All pluses. I took the breakfast only once, for 10 euros, but then decided for coffee and a croisssant across the street. Purchased "Le Monde" and felt like a Parisian in Paris.

The price is right, considering prices in Paris. SO, what else? Book at the Baldi knowing what we we tell you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

it's near the metro. very convenient. And it's not far to the Effiel Tower (about 20 euro if by taxi, if by metro, about six or seven stops). The room is not spacious but warm. The people are nice. The old style elevator is interesting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were a little hesitant to stay at a local hotel......we were wrong. This older building has been updated. It is small, minimalist decorations and modern. The staff were ALWAYS pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was European, but everything was always fresh. We loved that they left the old open elevator and it was probably original with the building. Be sure you want to travel in it with someone that you know or want to know, because it is only for 2 people with minimal luggage. I forgot some credit cards and cash in the safe and they went out of their way to see that I got it back.
We always felt safe in the area and ate at the local Italian restaurant one night. It is a fairly easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and therefore the Seine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple