“amazing location”
Review of Hotel de Rouen

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel de Rouen
Ranked #1,505 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Hoboken, New Jersey
“amazing location”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

the location and low-cost made this hotel a perfect choice for us. It's definitely a no-frills kind of place so be prepared for that. features and amenities are very minimal, don't recall there being AC, and there was often not someone working in the lobby so a key/code was needed to re-enter. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone who can't handle small spaces or narrow, steep stairs, but it seems fit for young travelers. also wouldn't recommend for couples or families- just really small groups of friends, with laid back expectations.
the staff was very nice, me and my sis just really needed a place to sleep and were not in the room very much. it's worth noting that we felt very safe here and we had a private room for ourselves.
the hotel itself is not very nice and you will be bored to death if you don't plan on being out all day. If you are just looking for a cheap place to crash in a great location, then this is perfect :)

Room Tip: 2 star hotel quality
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MJISALIVE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Eventhough we got lost on our way to the hotel but the staff was very helpful when I called asking for direction and when we got there the owner/staff showed us how to lock/unlock our door properly (the door was a bit old-fashioned) etc. There are no elevators (they mentioned about that in their website) so for those of you who are travelling with many luggages might find this a bit of a hassle. The location is totally great...close to the shopping area (when you want to buy some souvenirs, famous boutiques like LV etc...), not far from the metro, just few minutes walk, lots of cafes around and there was a pizza eatery that we loved to go to (we ate there like every day of our holidays)... It is just a walking distance to favourite spots...I will stay there again if I visit Paris...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ali R
Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The location is incredible. A few minute walk from the Louvres, the Jardin des Tuileries and the metro. We actually went almost everywhere by foot (Panthéon, Jardin du Luxembourg, Notre-Dame-de-Paris, etc.) but I admit we like to walk.

The receptionist (Armelle?) was very nice and helpful. So was the man who did a minor repair.

We did find the bathroom a bit dirty but I haven't seen all rooms...

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, I'd go with room on the first floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GTDRich
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We were double booked at our other hotel due to 123france.co.uk and sent to the rouen which did RUIN our 'romantic' holiday. The sheets had black hairs on and in them and we slept in our clothes on top of the beds which we had to cover with our own towels as I was just so disgusted. The breakfast was horrible and the 'double' bed was short even for me (5ft 5) let alone for my 6ft boyfriend. It also sunk in the middle and was very uncomfortable. The bathroom stank of mould and there were damp marks all over the carpet. The window didn't shut properly which all in all meant I couldn't sleep at all. We changed hotel as soon as we could. I wouldn't make a homeless dog sleep there.

Room Tip: Attic rooms are probably worse than the others. There is no lift!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tigra82

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

São Paulo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Hotel de Rouen most for its location, which is really really good. the view is charming and the streets are calm. There are few bars/cafes around, and it´s perfectly fine because you can enjoy sitting in a cafe in Paris but far from the crowd.
The staff was helpful - we have arrived late at night (there was a strike on the airport - big news coming from France..lol) and a young man helped us with our luggage. There was a lady that has helped us in arranging a cab to the airport, very nice. I just think they should speak a little bit of English there..if you don´t know how to speak French, it´s very difficult to understand each other.
The room is ok...I mean, not dirty but not completely clean. The bed was awful - the mattress was old and the springs were hurting us during the night. The towels...well...for me, they are hand/face towels..I´m simply not used to using this size of towels...luckily I brought mine from home. There were used cigarettes on the top of the "closet", but we just pretend we didn´t see that..some impolite guests must have done that and..anyway..we just went there to sleep.
Other point that they should consider changing - the stairs are unstable..this can be really dangerous when going down the stair with luggage.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Ok so here are my complaints and after then I will explain what the manager said when I emailed him with them. 1. When I booked I paid for breakfast but was told at the front desk that I didn't, then on the last day I was informed that I did indeed pay for breakfast. 2. I booked it because it said free internet in the rooms but it only worked 10% of the time. 3. Mouse in our room that ate through our powerbars that were in the bottom of my backpack, my wife and I live in China and had them sent to us from the states for the trip.

My wife emailed the manager after we left because the lady at the front desk was worthless when it came to helping this situation. Response to my wife regarding the problems 1) you paid for breakfast I don't know why you didn't get it, 2) we fixed the internet, and 3) you shouldn't of had food in your room. Not one time did he say they were sorry for what happened.

So we were out $30 for powerbars and $30 for breakfast, oh we did get it the last day but they shouldn't call it a continental breakfast because all it was was bread and yogurt.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank kennyt12
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have no one to blame but myself. I researched, and researched, and researched, and ultimately decided that this was going to be a good, basic hotel for my family (2 adults, 2 boys under 10) to stay for our 4 nights in Paris after a week in London. BTW, for a bit of perspective, we're middle-class Americans and we stayed at the Kensington Marriott (using points) in London.

We had a family room (two double beds and ensuite bath) on the fourth floor. No elevator, but no problem. The location is absolutely awesome. No nightlife, but easy walking distance from metro and Louvre, which is what we were after.

The check-in staff was very pleasant and the room was ready when we arrived around 11am. The room itself was a mess. My wife wanted to check out immediately upon opening the door to our room. One of our boys called the place a hostel. And then he called it a motel. Our other son said it was a flophouse. Where do they come up with this stuff?

In any event, I insisted that it wasn't that bad (it really was) and that we give it a chance. After my wife checked for bed bugs (she always does first thing no matter where we're staying) and didn't find any (although she claims she saw evidence that they had been there, whatever that means), she agreed to stay for the night.

Both beds were very bad (you could literally feel the springs in one of the mattresses in your back when you laid down), the TV didn't work, and there were no towels/toiletries in the room. We did not try/pay for breakfast.

We ended up staying for two nights, but then had to check out and find alternative lodging, as I was taking too much grief from the three of them to remain there.

We ended up deciding to take the boys to Disneyland Paris for the last two days of our stay, so we checked-out and took the RER out to the Tulip Inn in Marne Vallee, two stops from Disneyland. Obviously it was way out in the boonies, but it was clean, commercial, and my family loved it (I'll review that one later).

To sum it up, the location is great, the staff is very nice, but unless you're an 18-24 year old backpacker, do yourself a favor and skip this one. Next time we go to Paris, I'll use Marriott points and stay at one of those over-priced facilities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family