“Best Value for Money”
Review of Meridional Hotel

Meridional Hotel
Ranked #906 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Room space is very small, but put to efficient use.
Only problem is that it has almost no insulation for sound, you can clearly hear your neighbor cough or sneeze or doing you know what. The breakfast is not so rich but OK.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank iSeyam

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I would recommend this hotel but only for rooms well away from the lift. We made a late booking on the busy Paris marathon weekend and were initially allocated room 55. This is a room in the eaves with skylight, reduced height one end and very small bathroom, not without charm, but it is next to the lift and we found it extremely difficult to get to sleep due to the noise of the lift going up & down until the early hours of the morning. The next morning on explaining the problem we were moved to room 22 which was very quiet and also had a large bathroom. The décor in both rooms was good, it was clean and for the price paid we would have been very pleased with room 22, if we hadn't had the experience of the night before!

Room Tip: Avoid room 55 but 22 was lovely
Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarenP976
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Good day to everybody !

This was the second time we have stayed in Paris but not at this hotel.
I have made a non refundable reservation for one night on Booking.com for 75 EURO. When I arrived the receptionist asked me to pay cash because it was a problem with my credit card and the couldn't withdraw the money. After I had paid and the next day I left the hotel, they charged me again on my credit card ( which works now !) for a NO-SHOW !
I have send an email explaining what happend,but nobody is bothering to even reply to me ! Three days , three emails ! No reply !
The city was great, the weather was great, but my holiday was ruined because of this incident.

I hope you all learn from my unfortunate experience and stay away from this hotel !

Best regards,
Cezar

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 33 ! It was a small problem at the window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Popel C
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

very good budget hotel,close to the city center,metro station very closeby,lots of services in the surrounding area,highly recommended.the staff is very friendly and professional,they do speak italian too.rooms are very clean an comfy,the road it is located is not crowdy hence it is very quiet.I will definetly book there next time i will travel to the beautiful paris!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank mirco u
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is a great little hotel, recently remodeled in a quiet neighborhood with excellent services. Now if you are interested, let me give you a few more information.

My wife and I spend a weekend in Paris and chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel is tucked away in a side street a bit out of the beaten path, but in a safe and tranquil neighborhood.

Our check in was quick and smooth with a very polite English speaking front desk guy. When we arrived at our designated room, we had the first (and only surprise). The last guest apparently didn't care to read the "No Smoking" sign and the room smelled awful. I went down to the front desk and was immediately given the key to another room.

Our new room was spotless clean and neatly set. Apparently the hotel has been remodeled recently, because everything was in perfect order. Nice textured accent wall, comfortable bed, flat screen TV and a slow, but working WI-FI. Yes, the room is small, but for the price we paid, you couldn't expect the Crillon. Bathroom was new and clean, and the shower, perfect.

The hotel is a couple blocks from two metro stations, but one word of warning: If you are claustrofobic about riding crowded metro trains, you may want to choose another means of transportation from this part of town. This hotel is near the 13 line (light blue) which seems to be the most crowded in all of the metro. Every single time we went out we had to squeeze in crowded trains, even late night the trains were half full.

In summary, I would definitely go back to the Meridional if I have another chance to spend a weekend in Paris and would highly recommend this hotel if you want a budget hotel in a quiet neighborhood, and don't mind crowded metro traing (which is not the hotel's fault anyway)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank NTBrazil
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The hotel is situated away from the hussle and bussle of the main streets and is lovely and quiet !

The rooms are clean and are great for just dumping stuff and heading out to sight-see, then return and chill before a sleep to do it all again :)

The beds were comfy, clean and tidy, the tv worked fine although only two news channels for UK visitors was poor, the wifi was free access in the rooms so this was a welcome bonus to keep in touch with folks at home.

The toilet was clean and tidy also, but our shower in room 33 worked but did not have a stable holder as it had snapped so we had to balance the shower head carefully.

The lift and stairs were kept in good order too.

The breakfast area although fairly small was fine for sitting and eating and the food was not the greatest of selections but was adequate enough.

The reception area was cluttered but only with paper-work etc for the hotel.

Now the staff .... Welcoming and helpful upon arrival and during stay ..... However very different upon leaving, when became a little arrogant and rude we found when trying to organise transport to our airport as our shuttle had cancelled on us without warning !

Overall great little place to stay and we would go back without question, close to metro, buses, bars and eateries etc so ideal.

Room Tip: We only stayed in room 33 which was front facing and only heard noise when awake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Very good location very close distance to Sacre Coeur.Staff was ok. Good breakfast , clean rooms.Many restaurants around.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo