“best area of paris”

Ranked #41 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
boston, MA
“best area of paris”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have traveled to Paris seven times as it is my favorite city. On my first three visits I tried a
different hotel each time as they never felt quite right. On my fifth visit I stayed at the Luxembourg Parc after reading an article about it in a travel magazine and now have to look no further. The sixth arrondisement (St Germain des Pres) is the best in the city. As other reviewers have mentioned the hotel is close to all major attractions or easily reachable by metro and the hotel is across from th beautiful Luxembourg Gardens. I have always found the staff to be very freindly and welcoming especially Fabienne, the manager. I will be returning
here on future visits.

Room Tip: If you can afford room 51 (the suite) opt for that.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank bob l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 12 June 2012

What a great find! Great location, walking distance to many attractions and good shopping and restaurants. Rooms a decent size for Paris and bathrooms well appointed. Free Wifi. Decor charming and the little bar in the foyer a great place for drinks with friends. Rate reasonable and great value considering Paris prices. We would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Paris.

1 Thank Jill2416
Greenbrae, California
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Great for couples. The 6th Arrondissement is a fantastic part of Paris and the hotel is directly across from Luxembourg Gardens. Rooms are relatively well-sized for Paris and nicely appointed. Staff is very personable and service-oriented. And the rate seemed reasonable given the high cost of Paris. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the side facing Rue Servandoni as it will be quieter than those facing Rue...
1 Thank JBJ101
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel is located in a very nice location, walkable to many main attractions. It's next to my favorite park in Paris, and my favorite Arrondissement. It has beautiful decor and it's just charming! We stayed in room 32, which is small, but standard rooms I've stayed in paris, well are small. No complaints, that's just the way it is there. Our room was quiet and faced the side street. Rooms are cleaned well, beds are comfy and the bathroom was pretty spacious. The hotel had a nice little library, quaint courtyard, gym, bar and breakfast room. There's not much to complain about except the day staff. The night staff were always friendly and helpful. When we came in at night, they acknowledged us and said hello and goodnight, not so hard to do right? but the day staff were different?? How do I explain... when I came down in the morning, the elevator opens up to the reception desk and every time I came down in the morning, I never got a hello or a glance, weird. So I just said hello to them, only to follow with a quick lukewarm oh! bonjour. and they were back to doing their business. Hmm... but they did not spoil my wonderful vacation in a city I adore!!

4 Thank itrvlwndrwhr
stephaneteil, Directeur général at Hotel Luxembourg Parc, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Sir,
Reading your comments, I'm very surprise that you notified that the day team never told you Bonjour or anything welcoming.
Our reputation on Tripadvisor is mostly based on our courtesy, friendliness and time we spent helping our clients.
I regret that you did not feel our desire to be as welcoming and attentive as possible and I really apologize about that.
We hope having the pleasure to be up to our reputation in another occasion.
Best regards
Fabienne
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Very nice hotel with excellent service. It has a great location, it is clean, quiet and a pleasure to stay at.

2 Thank Albert D
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Recently, my wife and I spent several days at the Hotel Luxembourg Parc to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It turned out to be an incredibly memorable experience! The hotel is very well located, the facilities, especially the indoor patio, are gorgeous, and the front desk team were exceptional; they made us feel at home!

Room Tip: Book corner rooms.
4 Thank RomanV187
toronto
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed for 7 nights at the hotel in May 2012. all the reviews are absolutely correct. There are several reasons for this the staff, the location the beauty of the hotel itself. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice we would like to especially thank Cecilia she helped make this vacation a truly memorable occasion as she could not do enough for us from making reservations for restaurants excursions and even acting as bartender. The location of the hotel makes it an oasis in the bustling city of Paris. It was always nice to come back and relax in the hotel bar or courtyard or the beautiful Luxenbourg Parc after a tiring day walking through the beautiful city of Paris. Finally the hotel rooms were well appointed and the beds were the most comfortable. The bathrooms were a good size and the whole hotel is exteremly clean. I would recommend booking the superior rooms as the extra room makes the stay more comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel although more pricey than outside the convenience was worth it, they also had the best baguettes that iwe tasted in Paris.Finally if you want a great restaurant close to the hotel La maison Du Jardin was fantastic we ate there twice .

4 Thank orange12