“Fond Memories - Lovely Stay”

Hotel Luxembourg Parc
Ranked #40 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Atlanta
“Fond Memories - Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed at HLP Dec 12, 2012 for 5 nights - special to visit Paris at Christmastime. I am missing HLP, room 16, Fabienne and the staff very much. Room 16 (Classic Room on first floor) is tiny but perfect for a single guest or a couple that packs lightly and can deal with the close quarters. I loved my 2 French windows with flower boxes overlooking the Park. The hotel is virtually sound proof - never heard the neighbors next door after they closed their door or the street noise from Rue Vaugirard. My bathroom and tub were tiny as well but truly all I needed - good water pressure and good supply of hot water. I appreciated the lighted make up mirror, hair dryer and twice daily housekeeping - always had fresh quality towels when I returned to my room. Bed, pillows and linens were luxurious. Small closet, nice amount of hangers and easy to use safe inside. The complimentary WIFI works well but I had to re-login multiple times a day - I suppose this is for security reasons. I utilized and enjoyed the (15 Euros) Breakfast service daily. I found the server attentive/pleasant - particularly enjoyed the fresh OJ, delicious coffee and wonderful Parisian pastries. The front desk staff were excellent - had an answer for every question, gave impeccable directions and offered to make reservations for dining or Eiffel Tower tickets, etc. I was part of a wedding party that overtook the HLP - I feel that they were very patient and helpful with all of us Americans and kept up with our whereabouts quite well - always helped us get to our venues on time and ordered taxis that seated 6 or 7 when available. I utilized the RER in from CDG airport upon arrival and found the 7-10 minute walk to HLP very easy and pleasant. The RER and Metro certainly are the reasonable way to get around Paris if you need to go a distance. I really enjoyed walking when I could and I loved the 6th Arrondissement/St Germain area where HLP is located. So many wonderful shopping and dining options nearby. I really enjoyed a Steak Frites restaurant called Le Relais de l'Entrecote located within walking distance on rue Saint-Benoît - always crowded with locals, line moves quickly, staff helpful/friendly, love the desserts. Also enjoyed a cafe on St Germain called Les Deux Magots - excellent service and delicious Croque Monsieur.
In closing I must remark again about how much I love HLP and the staff. There are so many choices in Paris for accommodations but HLP is truly a gem. The small size (23 rooms) gives the property/staff an opportunity to make you feel like a VIP. I cannot imagine staying elsewhere. I am looking forward to returning to Paris and bringing my family and won't hesitate in booking a stay at HLP.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JWSHALOHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I picked this hotel for the very special reason of asking my girlfriend to marry me so I really needed it to be right - It was better than right, it was pretty much perfect! From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in a classic room which was quite beautiful with oak beams, antique furniture, beautifully appointed bathroom and a view of one of the nicest parks in Paris - Jardin de Luxembourg. Everything worked just as it should but, and this was very important to us, the atmosphere never became stuffy. My girlfriend I am very pleased to report is now my fiance and whilst the quality of the hotel is no reason to commit to a life together, it certainly made the experience that much more special and I can thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. Enjoy!

1 Thank AlexHumph
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

In early December I returned to this gem of a hotel with my husband, having visited for the first time earlier in September. I was delighted to that its exquisite setting, perfect service and lovely ambiance had in no way diminished. Fabienne, la patronne, was very helpful in ensuring that this birthday visit was a happy one. The hotel's gift of a lovely scented candle was a pretty gesture. I certainly will be returning in 2013 and cannot recommend HLP highly enough. Even when surruonded by many guests, arriving or departing, the hotel reception staff retain their courtesy and sang-froid (London hotels could learn a thing or two from this) The Luxemboug has created a new hotel standard in my holiday diary. Bravo to Fabienne and her staff and thank you again for a lovely séjour.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fifth floor, overlooking le parc.
2 Thank SusLou1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

We started our Honeymoon at this hotel. I have been to Paris many time , this was my Wife's first visit.

We could not have asked for a better start. The room was well appointed and its size good for Paris, all facilities and Staff were excellent. The staff very helpful and understanding of our poor French language skills.

Location is great and allows for easy access for the major sights.

I would stay there again and probably the pick of any places i have stayed. if you want a Paris experience and distinct from a corporate big group place, then this is it. when on holidays I want an authentic experience and this is what we got, if this is what you are looking for then this is it.

Room Tip: That an upgrade and get a room with a view of the Park
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed for seven days at Christmas, 2012. The hotel was delightful in all ways: service, staff friendliness and helpfulness, decor, room size (executive double), bathroom appointments, serenity, comfort, cleanliness, location, cost. Hightly recommended!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

After staying in an apartment at the beginning of our holiday we stayed at the Luxembourg for our last few nights after returning from Provence. Friends had recommended the hotel (and were as enthusiastic about the hotel as most of the reviewers on TA) and it looked lovely on its website. We loved the hotel - the room (executive) was just what we were after (very French) and the breakfast room and bar very quaint. Great location for the park and for some great restaurants and bars. Very friendly people at reception and always happy to give directions, call a taxi etc. Would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Executive was a good choice as looked larger than the other rooms I saw thru open doors!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StuckinBangers
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed in Paris for 3 nights only over Christmas and stayed at this wonderful hotel. The staff are great. Perfect location, I think it's the Knightsbridge of Paris. So many shops, cafes, bars, restaurants. We walked around late at night and felt completely safe,

We were quite worried as we've never been to Paris and staying over Christmas we needed to book restaurants in advance. Christian was so helpful, and pre booked our restaurants- all of which were incredible.

If you want to get a taxi from the airport it will cost you around 75 euros. We did this on the way to the hotel and took taxis everywhere we went, it is on average 10-15 euros to see the main sights eg Eiffel Tower etc. There is a train station just a 10 minute walk from the hotel called Luxembourg and from there you can get a direct line to the airport. It costs about 9 euro per person and takes about 40 mins-if that.

The rooms are beautifully designed and the marble bathrooms are lovely, The shower as well is amazing! Breakfast in the morning is a buffet but plenty to choose from.and coffee is good.
Really enjoyed relaxing in the lounge with a glass of Chablis.

I can't fault this hotel at all and will definitely tell people to stay here when in Paris. A special thank you to Christian, Tania and Jules. You helped make our stay unforgettable!
Ailsa & Chris

Room Tip: Request a room with a view over Luxembourg Gardens
1 Thank Ailsa W