“A touch of Paris”

Hotel Luxembourg Parc
Ranked #43 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We are a group of Australians that Travel to Paris 3 times a year. We feel like family when we arrive as its a quaint hotel that is not oversized and over loaded with guests. Without a doubt our choice is to stay at the Luxembourg Parc. This Boutique type hotel gives you a little touch of the Romantic Paris we all know and seek. It's Characteristic charm gets me all the time, you feel welcomed and special and very private. Rooms range in all shapes and sizes ... some smaller and others a little more roomy, depending on what you need. I love room 17, and room 35... All décor is charming with the Parisian feel... Breakfast is simple but using the freshest of produce, baguettes , cold cuts and pastries every morning !!!!! yum. Getting out and about in that area is easy as down the road is packed with restaurants and fun shopping all within walking distance. Enjoy !!!!

Room Tip: Love rooms ending in 5, like 35 or even my special room 17... also rooms ending in 4 , like 14, 24...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Silvana D

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This has to be the best value for money in Paris rooms great , exceptionally clean fantastic location. Many great little bistro's & bars in 5 mins walking distance. Great friendly staff always avail to help. Christian ,Fabienne & Tanya will make your stay charming & memorable. I wouldn't stay any where else ..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 17 March 2014

No wonder it is so hard to book here. Practically everything you would expect from hotels of the likes of five-star hospitality across the river, you have here, but with the charm component the others cannot aim to have. Our room was in the first floor facing Servandoni, which at first may have been a bit of a letdown. But how wrong I was; we opened our windows to almost provincial France living, with one of the prettiest (and best) restaurants in Paris, La Cuisine de Phillipe. The room itself was sufficiently spacious, with every necessary amenity available. Cleanliness was top notch, which was appreciated especially in the comfortable and large bathrooms. Staff was extraordinary and the neighborhood it sits on is hardly beatable. Close to major metro stations, this is my top choice over other similarly ranked hotels (eg, Maison Favart, which I also raved about last October).

Yes, there is still a difference when comparing these hotels with the George V and the Bristol, but factor in prices, and this is by far a grander deal. I selected this hotel because I was travelling with my 11 year old daughter and felt it was inadequate to spoil her by staying at one of the top tier five stars, but from now on, this is my definitive hotel of choice and will take my wife as soon as I can.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank TravelHeights
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Returned for 4th visit and remain captivated by this pearl of hotels.

Fabienne is always so charming and wecloming, The hotel is elegant without being ostentatious. Perfect location for exploring Paris with countless beautiful sights within a stroll. We saw the Joséphine exposition at the musée du luxembourg - literally across the road. Highly recommended. Until next visit (April 2014). Merci et amitiés.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusLou1
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I spent Christmas at this charming little hotel. Our room was lovely; we had drinks at the hotel's bar and we even had breakfast every morning in a nice little room off of the lobby. Staff were stellar(Christian in particular)!! Luxembourg Park was located across the street and we felt safe walking around the local streets(situated in Saint-Germain-Des-Pres area).
There were numerous restaurants within walking distance.
The only negative I might mention is: I asked and was informed there is only 1 room for the handicapped. The tub/shower can be difficult to step into(non-handicapped room).
We were in room 11.
We were within walking distance of Notre Dame, St. Chapelle, Louvre, Musee D'Orsay etc.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Honeybunny1950
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I saw this hotel opening more than 10 years ago while visiting Paris and moved from another hotel. We have had many great experiences at the hotel until 2005 when we had a child and just visited for the first time since. The hotel is still lovely. The room was well maintained and the bed comfortable. The hair dryer is excellent and the bathroom spacious by Parisian standards with a proper shower. Our room was ready upon arrival which was before noon. It was great to see Fabienne! As other reviewers have commented, the location is excellent and I always enjoy running in the park.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justine W
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Booked this hotel with my partner as a birthday treat, neither of us had been to Paris before so was important that the right hotel was picked, couldn't have been more perfect!
Situated next door to the Luxembourg House gardens it was a pleasure to stroll through the park, from Luxembourg Metro (a quick 3 stop hop from Gare du Nord, Eurostar arrival station) it couldn't have been easier or more pleasurable to find.
The area itself is very safe, situated in the Saint-Gernain-Des-Prés neighbourhood, being adjacent to The Latin Quarter with its myriad of small streets and cafe bars. Within easy walking distance to The Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral the hotel is a perfect base from which to explore Paris.
The hotel itself is amazing. We all have an idea of what a Parisian hotel should be like, to me this one can't be bettered. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the rooms were turned out to the highest standards at all times. We stayed for a couple of nights in room 26, which has a balcony, and booked a further night in room 25......both recommended .
We shall be returning.