“Wonderful gem”

Ranked #38 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful gem”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband was the one I give credit to for finding this gem. I had not been to Paris since I was 15 so I had no idea of the different areasl that are part of this beautiful city. My husband put us in just the perfect place for me. I love, love this part of the city....more than I do the "other bank". This is just exactly how I imagined Paris...the small streets and the little cafes and parks... We were in the ideal location for seeing this part of Paris, directly across from the Luxembourg Gardens. The hotel itself is the "boutique" style and intimate. The rooms and bathrooms were quite large for a Paris hotel. The people were very friendly and helpful. They serve breakfast daily so it was an easy stop before touring Paris and the American style breakfast was quite tasty. The service was excellent throughout our stay. I'd highly recommend this cute hotel. I may ask for a room that is not on the main street next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter street...
3 Thank travelbug185

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Greek first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is a smallish, cosy(hotel) opposite the gardens and the Senate. I found it very comfortable. The metro is a short walk and there are many restaurants within a stroll. The hotel does not do dinner, but has a nice bar. I found breakfast a little lacking, but not untypical. The staff are wonderful

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ItchFeet58Australia
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I had a fantastic time here last week for 4 days. Our room, bathroom facilities were second to none. We had the superior room. Beautiful elegant decor and colour scheme. I absolutely loved it plus our room features in one of the brochures. The hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating, they always greet you with a warm smile. Restaurants are very close by with my absolute favourite being the Bistro because the waiter John was so friendly. We had our photo taken with him on our last day. Food is excellent and they do a great champagne. I am iching to go back to Paris and will most certainly be staying at the splendid Hotel Luxembourg. This was my first trip to Paris and I have to say I am in love..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda P
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've stayed here 4 times, annually over the last 4 years. We feel very comfortable there. The staff is marvelous, particularly Christian and Fabien. Rooms are tastefully furnished and relatively roomy. The location is perfect for us, across the way from the Luxembourg Museum and Park, marvelous restaurants nearby and the glorious St. sulpice at the foot of rue Servandoni. We did notice that over the last two years, the rooms have begun to look slightly run down. Nothing serious, just worn fabric on chairs and chipped paint. These are minor points since the rooms are welcoming and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Servandoni421
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Location, location, location - across the street from the huge, serene, beautiful Jardin de Luxembourg, and walking distance to Musee Cluny, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame, Ile de la Cite, Sainte Chappelle. We stayed in this lovely hotel again recently and had our favorite room, with windows overlooking rue de Vaugirard and a bathroom window overlooking the courtyard. The street is always quiet and the mood always laid-back, left bank style. The small lobby is perfect for a cocktail in the evening or a nightcap after dinner. The breakfast room is nice and the breads, pastries and prepared-to-order eggs are excellent. Their fruit was fresh, but combined in a sort of fruit cocktail when a larger,more elegant display with more variety would have made the breakfast experience much nicer. (A nit, compared to the overall stay.) I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff - just wonderful! We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise from the street if you are in a front room. The area is very quiet.
1 Thank LDM_TX
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently stayed twice in the hotel for different blocks of time. Both stays were wonderful. The rooms are beautifully appointed with every amenity you could ask for. The hotel is tiny and intimate. The location is totally amazing. You walk to virtually every major attraction. There are a huge number of great restaurants within easy walking distance. The best part is the staff. They go above and beyond to assist with reservations, etc.. This hotel is highly recommended and just as good as last year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FuzzyBeaver
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked well ahead to make sure we got the only room with a terrace, and we were very pleased we did. The terrace is huge, with day beds, umbrella, some plants for added privacy and cool breeze. The room itself was very good but of course Parisian-sized rather than what you might expect in other parts of the world (but hey, that's Paris). The staff were very professional and accommodating with excellent advice for eating. It was always nice to come and seat in the lounge/bar area in the spring afternoon and have drinks and nibbles.

I will definitely stay there again when I am next in Paris.

Room Tip: The terrace is the only room to stay in if you are there for a few days or more
1 Thank 1800hammer