“Paris at it's best”

Hotel Luxembourg Parc
Ranked #39 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Luxembourg Parc is a small hotel located across from one the the prettiest parks and nicest areas of Paris. It is a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the City. Restaurants and shops are easy to find. We love to walk and were able to get everywhere we wanted to go including the Seine, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Arc de Triomphe to name a few.
I stayed in two different rooms. Each room faced the interior garden area so it was always quiet.The suite was well appointed and a good size for the price and Paris standards. We also had an executive room and for two people it worked out just fine. Good storage in the room and bathrooms.
Breakfast is available and the quality was good. There is a gym in the basement that appeared to have the basic if one wants to work out.
The staff was great. Always helpful even when the elevator stopped working and bags needed to be carried down from the 5th floor.
There is a small bar area where you can sit and enjoy a cocktail and some snacks.
Good value, good location. Would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda R

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is in a great location for walking to great pastry shops, restaurants and bars. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked questions. They pointed us to a restaurant (Chez Fernand) that turned out to be one of the best restaurants we visited while in Europe. The hotel is very clean and comfortable in a very nice and quite area. The rooms were slightly smaller than I expected, but not so much that I would complain about them. My wife and I were traveling with our young kids and they didn't have a suite for 4 people available, so we had 2 rooms I with my son and my wife with our daughter. While the hotel is not ideal for family with several kids it is also right across the street from Luxembourg Gardens, which our kids loved! The breakfast is not included and over priced at 15 euros per person, but a 5 min. walk away was a great pastry shop. Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel, especially for couples or a group of friends traveling together.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank morgoth88
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had the good fortune to spend time at the Luxembourg Parc in May. It was our second experience there, the first having been so impressive that we wanted to return! The hotel is lovely, and the staff is outstanding! Christian mans the desk during the day and is a real gem, friendly and helpful. We had great experiences with every staff member we encountered. The neighborhood is one of the nicest in Paris, and many wonderful sights and restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. The Luxembourg Gardens are beautiful and deserve time to explore! We have decided that this gem of a hotel will be our home away from home whenever we are in Paris!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betsy B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband was the one I give credit to for finding this gem. I had not been to Paris since I was 15 so I had no idea of the different areasl that are part of this beautiful city. My husband put us in just the perfect place for me. I love, love this part of the city....more than I do the "other bank". This is just exactly how I imagined Paris...the small streets and the little cafes and parks... We were in the ideal location for seeing this part of Paris, directly across from the Luxembourg Gardens. The hotel itself is the "boutique" style and intimate. The rooms and bathrooms were quite large for a Paris hotel. The people were very friendly and helpful. They serve breakfast daily so it was an easy stop before touring Paris and the American style breakfast was quite tasty. The service was excellent throughout our stay. I'd highly recommend this cute hotel. I may ask for a room that is not on the main street next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter street...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelbug185
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a smallish, cosy(hotel) opposite the gardens and the Senate. I found it very comfortable. The metro is a short walk and there are many restaurants within a stroll. The hotel does not do dinner, but has a nice bar. I found breakfast a little lacking, but not untypical. The staff are wonderful

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItchFeet58Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I had a fantastic time here last week for 4 days. Our room, bathroom facilities were second to none. We had the superior room. Beautiful elegant decor and colour scheme. I absolutely loved it plus our room features in one of the brochures. The hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating, they always greet you with a warm smile. Restaurants are very close by with my absolute favourite being the Bistro because the waiter John was so friendly. We had our photo taken with him on our last day. Food is excellent and they do a great champagne. I am iching to go back to Paris and will most certainly be staying at the splendid Hotel Luxembourg. This was my first trip to Paris and I have to say I am in love..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've stayed here 4 times, annually over the last 4 years. We feel very comfortable there. The staff is marvelous, particularly Christian and Fabien. Rooms are tastefully furnished and relatively roomy. The location is perfect for us, across the way from the Luxembourg Museum and Park, marvelous restaurants nearby and the glorious St. sulpice at the foot of rue Servandoni. We did notice that over the last two years, the rooms have begun to look slightly run down. Nothing serious, just worn fabric on chairs and chipped paint. These are minor points since the rooms are welcoming and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple