“Excellent boutique hotel - 4 1/2 stars”

Hotel Luxembourg Parc
Ranked #42 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
UK
“Excellent boutique hotel - 4 1/2 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2008

We stayed here for three nights very recently after much research via TripAdvisor, Frommers and other guidebooks.

On this particular trip, we were a family of 7, including three young children plus two senior citizens and we booked our rooms well in advance. We asked for, and received, two adjoining rooms on the relatively quiet third floor plus a third room for my parents.

The interior of the rooms was spotless, with recently refurbished bathrooms, period furniture and artwork. Pillows were fairly soft and flat and beds were satisfactory by hotel standards. There was a very nice fitness room with a treadmill, a cross trainer, and a couple of other machines. This was very handy after eating so much good food.

Location was excellent, just in front of the Luxembourg Gardens with staff providing good advice on nearby restaurants. On this note, it is worthwhile mentioning that hotel staff were fantastic - perhaps the best we have ever had after years of world travelling, from the unbelievably welcoming reception we received and the attendant bar staff who made lovely, albeit quite expensive drinks (12 euros for a cocktail). The best room by far was the sitting room which has a working wood fireplace, a chessboard, library and dimmed lights. The experience for our children was also excellent and we would highly rate this hotel for families based on our experiences. My parents, both 70 and quite discerning, were also very impressed with all aspects of the bar and front desk service.

Our overall feeling of this hotel was that it was absolutely first rate, with one exception - the breakfast, which was included in the price of the stay.

The breakfast was very skimpy by European standards and the poor server was run off her feet, operating alone and not afraid to tell anyone who asked! Bacon was advertised but not offered as they ran out and they actually also ran out of eggs on one of our mornings. This made an almost perfect stay slightly less than perfect.

If you are looking for a beautiful four star boutique hotel with above average service, and wish to negotiate a reduced rate to get breakfast on Blvd St. Germain, then this is the hotel for you. 4 1/2 stars, with only the breakfast taking away the 1/2 star.

• Liked — The hotel service and sitting rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
8 Thank Michael01UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
Alberta,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2008

My teenage daughter and I stayed here for four nights mid- October and were delighted with our choice to stay here (based on tripadvisor reviews). We were warmly welcomed by Zina who continued to be a great help on a number of occasions. She, as well as other staff members, were more than happy to assist with travel plans, reservations and directions during our stay. They would cheerfully greet us coming and going and were genuinely interested in our excurssions. Also, the cleaning staff were most pleasant and made the effort to converse.
The hotel is meticulously clean and tastefully decorated with warmth and comfort. We had a corner room and it was very light and charming. The marble bathroom was large and bright with lovely products. My daughter and I had hot chocolate one night in the library and it was very cosy. In the breakfast room, I appreciated the availability of lattes, fresh orange juice etc with our breakfast. We particularly enjoyed the pain au chocolats , fresh buns and croissants and cheeses - the fruit salad was also very fresh and tasty.
The location is indeed stellar and extremely conducive for those of us who prefer to explore on foot. You will discover the Sorbonne, the Pantheon, Notre Dame and St. Sulpice practically on your doorstep. However the Metro and RER were also close by allowing quick access to the Eiffel Tower and further afield. (A note of warning, deciding to get to Versaille ourselves, we were informed by the ticket seller only after we purchased RER train tickets from her for Versaille that the train line was out of service that day. Thus began a 2 hour confusing trek to get there with the Metro and other trains. This is not uncommon for train lines to be out of service so make sure before purchasing at the station or splurge for the hotel's package). There were many choices of restaurants nearby. Intimate Boutique shopping is close in St. Germain as are the more 'common' stores along St. Michel Blvd.
We had a lovely stay and would highly recommend staying here.

• Liked — It is quaint, very clean and the location is wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

My husband and I just spent 4 wonderful honeymoon nights in Paris at this lovely hotel. The employees at the front desk were very nice and super helpful with all of our needs. Our room was small but very clean, and this hotel is in a great location. Grab a coffee and take a walk through the park across the street. PLEASE visit Laurent, he tends bar and is only more than happy to suggest a great cafe, restaurant or jazz club. He was such a great man to talk to. We thoroughly enjoyed his company over a glass of wine each evening and I hope you will too! The breakfast was included in our rate but if we had been paying for it, I would have opted to go elsewhere. It's fine, just very simple for the money.

Side note: We were offered help in securing a private car and tour to Versailles at 85 euros per person for 4 hours....Do yourself a favor, take the train (it's really easy and costs about $6), takes about 50 minutes to get there, then is a 5 minute walk from the station to Versailles. Spend the day, walk through the museum, and enjoy the grounds, they are spectacular. Wear comfortable shoes, there is a lot of walking and a lot of great photo opportunities...you can even have lunch and a bottle of wine on the premises. Enjoy!!

• Liked — Location and Laurent the bartender
  • Disliked — Small room
4 Thank TChase
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

I booked this hotel after much research and Trip Advisor recommendations. I had every intention of loving this hotel and was surprised when I didn't. However, would I go there again--yes.

Positive:
1. Location, location, location.
2. The actual building is charming--all of the prior reviews are accurate to my way of thinking.
3. The staff is helpful.
4. The hotel is well maintained.
5. The breakfast is fine--especially if it is included in your room rate.

Negative:
There is only one--but it did influence the way I felt about the hotel from the first minute we walked in our room. I had corresponded at length with the hotel regarding different categories of rooms, their size, rate, etc. Based on this correspondence I picked the room type that I thought would work for us. Before we were taken to the room I confirmed with the front desk that the room was the category I had requested. The room was absolutely NOT what we had requested. The suitcases had been brought to our room and the desk clerk was no longer available for the night. The next morning I did check with a different person at the front desk about this room and she confirmed what the night clerk had said. I didn't want to make a "deal" out of it and be the "ugly American" so I didn't mention it again. On check-out we were asked to write a review for TA and that is why this is being written. My own experience may seem petty to others but it wasn't to me. My investment in a vacation--of both time and money--is valuable to me. In this economy I don't feel that any establishment can afford to disregard reasonable requests by any guest--especially those who have expressed an interest in returning.
If there is a next time I will do more to guarantee that there will not be the same mix-up. No trip is perfect and I didn't expect this to be. I just did expect to get what I thought I had purchased.
This said--I WOULD return to this hotel for all the positive reasons stated.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room category received at check-in
3 Thank MaryPasadena
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

Our stay at the Hotel Luxembourg Parc could not have been better. The hotel is situated in the 6th arrondisement, right across from the Luxembourg Gardens, where the streets are quiet, clean, and lined with shops. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us, including: finding us an unoccupied room so we could check in prior to the 3:00pm check-in time; calling restaurants to make us reservations; giving us directions to local attractions. Our room was small (typical for Paris) but well-appointed and lovely. The bathroom shower was small but elegant and the shower had great water pressure. I forgot to pack my toothbrush and was elated to see that one was provided in the room. We would definitely stay here again. This hotel is great for younger to mid-aged couples who are looking for a classy hotel with charm and friendly hoteliers. If you are looking for a large, bustling "Leading Hotels of the World"-type of hotel with valet service and a snooty lobby scene, however, this may not be the hotel for you. One last note: Be sure to have an after-dinner drink in the library, which is wood-panneled and has a beautiful fireplace.

• Liked — Friendly service, location, quality of accommodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
stourbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2008

I arranged this trip to Paris as a suprise for my partners 50th birthday. Because of the occasion I wanted this stay to be really special and thanks to the feedback from previous guests I selected this charming hotel and was not let down. The location is perfect as it is quiet but walking distance to many of the top attractions Paris as to offer. From the moment we checked in we knew this was going to be a trip to remember, we sat at the bar and sipped on perfectly chilled champagne whilst the hotel offered unbiased advice on nearby restaurants, bars etc. The actual hotel is fantastic, rooms our a good size for Paris, well designed, fabulous decorations and well maintained. In addition the housekeeping was excellent. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances we had to cut short our trip at short notice, well after the room had been serviced that day. The hotel were fantastic and helpful and waived there normal 48 hours notice cancellaton fee for our last night, thankyou. We will definately return.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — Cant think of anything
1 Thank SiandMike
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Situated in a fantastic area for shopping (clothes galore) this hotel is small but perfectly formed. Yes the rooms are small - but this is Paris and our room was stunning, immaculately clean and tastefully decorated.

The reception staff were polite, welcoming and accommodating. Lounge/ bar area is small but intimate and tis extends into the library area where we had a night cap after our night out. Our room overlooked the side road and was quite. My husband had rung ahead and as a surprise had arranged with the hotel a car from the station, a bottle of champagne and the largest bunch of roses I have ever seen. The hotel had recommended and booked a restaurant for us and were on had to make suggestions of an itinerary for our short stay.
We stayed for two nights over a weekend in the middle of October and were fortunate enough to have glorious weather.