Not long back from a 5 night stay. Was my partners 40th & wanted to do something special for him. Booked the package that included breakfast & bottle of champagne. I emailed hotel ahead of us going,to ask if they could arrange a cake for him & was delighted when they emailed back to say this wouldn't be a problem & even got a choice of what cake I would prefer. I also emailed asking if possible for a higher up room with a view & was prepared to pay more if needed. I didn't get reply so assumed it would be taken care of. We arrived at hotel after 9pm & were shown to our room (on 2nd floor). I went back to reception to ask of they had received my email asking if there was any chance we could have a higher up room & although they had received it, we were allocated a 2nd floor room, however there were higher rooms available which I had a look at but had no view whatsoever so stayed with room given. I also expected champagne to be in room on arrival which would be expected but had to go down to reception & ask for it. Also on website, states each room has an expresso machine but ours didn't, although reception advised if we wanted coffee to call down & it would be delivered to our room, which we did on 2 occasions. Our room was actually really nice & had slight view of surrounding street.
They have a lovely cosy bar area just adjacent to reception, so on our way out on the second night, went in for a couple of drinks. Waited at least 10 mins before member of staff came in, & then handed us drink menus. Waited another 5 mins before we could order our drinks. Not on in a 5 star hotel :( All in all we enjoyed our stay, the breakfast staff ( in restaurant, we didn't have dinner in hotel) were lovely, (older gentleman & young girl) were really pleasant & looked after us really well. Reception staff seemed quite above themselves, didn't really welcome us whenever we returned to hotel or engage in conversation, always seemed to have something better to do, for example, talk among themselves, but the young guy on the door was a wee gem, always smiling. ( Sebastian take note, could learn a thing or too from this young man) can't really fault the hotel, its lovely & location is great, however, just felt something was lacking sadly. We were happy to pay 5* prices to enjoy a fabulous experience & expect to get what you pay for but at times, felt out of place by 'senior members of staff & reception. The hotel may want to challenge this by leaving their own comment which of course they are entitled too, but they can't argue with how we were made to feel sometimes. The morning before we left, the fire alarm went off, my partner & i were having long lie as night before was his birthday so stayed out quite late celebrating. Noise from alarm was deafning, got up, reluctantly, and went down to reception, where they ignored us. We stood on pavement outside hotel where it was freezing waiting for someone to advise us when ok to return to room. Another couple who had come down with us ended up going up street for a coffee while waiting. After a few minutes we came in to ask what was happening & got told it was coming from a guest room but we were free to return to room. No apologises or anything. We were only ones there & yet again felt staff could have been more helpful, they really couldnt have cared less. Really lacking in customer service.
Yes, they brought my partners cake up to us & we had room service for breakfast with complimentary glass of Buck's Fizz on morning of his birthday which we really appreciated & the male member of staff who brought it up was lovely, but still felt for what's meant to be a 5 star hotel we were left feeling disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Hôtel Champs Élysées Plaza is an exclusive Haussmannian-style mansion located in the Champs-Élysées district. Most of the rooms feature a spa bath and a marble fireplaceThe spacious guest rooms feature high ceilings and stylish furnishings. Each soundproofed room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, a Nespresso coffee machine and a CD player. The private bathrooms have an art-deco design.The Hôtel Champs Élysées Plaza features a spa Sothys with sauna and hamman, as well as a fitness centre. Guests can use the hotel’s library, and free Wi-Fi access is available.The restaurant "Le Keller" at Champs Élysées Plaza is elegantly decorated with a chandelier and has a skylight, where a buffet breakfast is served every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Champs Elysees Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champs Elysees Plaza Paris
- Hotel Champs Elysees Plaza