“Charming hotel/great location”

Ranked #156 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver
“Charming hotel/great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a lovely little hotel on a quiet street within easy walking distance of two metro stations, shopping and restaurants, the Rodin Museum, les Invalides and the Eiffel Tower. Very handy! Very friendly and helpful service from the front desk. Our standard room on the third floor (34) was not huge but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a fantastic shower (small but amazing water pressure from the rain head). A little stingy on toiletries so take your own. They offered a continental breakfast for 13 Euros but you can get the same thing for 6 Euros at one of the many cafés on rue Cler (and watch the passing scene). Tiny elevator and steep stairs not a problem for us but could be for some. Wi-fi included had a strong signal. Would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank Lori S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is my second time in Paris, and the first time I stayed in the 7th Arr. My sister and I wanted to try a different hotel, and I usually prefer this area of the city. It is not a budget hotel and it's not intended to be (185 EUR/night), but we were only there for 2 nights so it was manageable. We arrived in the morning prior to check in time and were able to leave our luggage. Our room was ready earlier and they let us in before the check in time, which was nice. The rooms and bathroom were clean, and it was very comfortable. If you want to stay in a quiet neighbourhood, but close to the metro (and Eiffel Tower, if you like this) then this is a great area. I usually like to stay in this area when I'm visiting.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd Floor, we were facing inside, but it was very quiet so it was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank iamlarita
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent two nights at Hotel Muguet in August 2013. I was able to work a 48 hour visit in to Paris thanks to a layover on the way back to the US from Italy. I don't speak a lick of French, had never been to Paris before and am a paranoid person to say the least. It has always been my dream to travel to Paris. I was terrified to visit alone, but just couldn't pass up on the opportunity. After doing some research, Hotel Muguet seemed to be in what I took as a safe, central location. I wasn't in Paris long enough to explore that particular area, but it seemed to have lots of shops and cafes and was only a few minutes' walk from the Eiffel Tower. After booking the reservation, I received a very nice email welcoming me and offering any help should I need it. During my stay, the entire staff was very helpful with maps, directions, my terrible attempts at speaking French and even booked a cab for me the morning of my flight. The hotel was very clean and the furnishings were very nice. The room was a little on the small side, but I didn't care as I was alone and only there to sleep. My window over-looked the street and provided a gorgeous view. I was thrilled to have free wi-fi and the alarm clock even doubled as an ipod stereo. I am hoping to plan a return trip to Paris in the next year or two and will hopefully be able to stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This little hotel was charming, comfortable and has excellent customer service. It is very close to restaurants and fruit markets...and of course to the Eiffel tower! Perfect location. I definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in centralized hotel. Upscale, decent size room (6th floor #61) & a pleasant surprise to look out our window to see the Eiffel Tower. Awesome! Bed & linens exceptional. Elevator only goes to 5th floor so you will need to walk the last flight. Rue Cler is less than a 5 min walk. Lots of restaurants & shops. Metro close by also. Walking distance to Eiffel Tower, tour boats of the Seine. No wifi the first day & a half but they finally got it squared away. This hotel is tucked away.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just spent seven nights at Muguet and was satisfied with the property overall. Breakfast was passable but found more choice and better service at other hotels. Service at reception varied. Aside from Martin and Georges, others seemed aloof. We chatted with desk people at other hotels and they gave us great advice about shopping and were more cordial and helpful. The hotel is pleasant, location great, but quirky at times. Very dim lighting in rooms. Safe didn't always open and had to call desk to open it. Maybe this was my fault but haven't had this problem elsewhere. This is just my opinion--sure my wife would be much more positive.

2 Thank normor
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear normor,

thank you for your comment.

I am glad you had a nice time with us and that you always found somebody to help you with pleasure for your safe.
The main difference between our breakfast and a breakfast in a café is that at the hotel you have free refill, fresh homemade omeletts, fresh squeezed orange juice: this is worthing the price.

I hope you'll come to Paris again.

Best regards.

Charline
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Can't say enough about this three star hotel in the 7th arrondisment. Location was excellent. Two metro stops very close by along with Rue Cler with shopping and dining choices. The hotel is reasonably priced with clean, quiet, and well attired rooms. It is only a 20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower or Ecole Militaire. The staff went out of their way by making reservations for me before we arrived at a number of restaurants that I had chosen to eat. They also did the same when we arrived. I must comment on the assistance the night clerk gave us by checking us in for our flights upon leaving. We had trouble with their computer and he helped us with printing out the boarding passes. My wife and I would stay at this hotel again when we visit Paris again in the future.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and the management assigned us a room facing towards the back.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce S
Dear Bruce S,

thank you very much for your comment.
It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as we try our best to satisfy our guests.

We really hope to welcome you again soon.

Best reagards.