Hotel Muguet
US$363
US$327
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$163
US$240
US$210
US$187
US$181
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$765
US$720
Hotwire.com
1,446 results
All reviewsrue clereiffel towerquiet streetecole militairegreat locationle florimondla tour maubourgrodin museumstay there againtriple roomaround the cornerwithin walking distanceminute walkhotel is locatedside streetsmall elevatorrooms are small
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Before we started renting apts. we stayed many times at l'Hotel Muguet and fell in love with its cleanliness, constant up-grading and service...to the point that we became friends with the Pelletier family and now place our family and friends there when they visit Paris. The news is that Mme Pelletier has just bought the well located, but a bit rundown, Hotel 'Empereur a block down the street across from Les Invalides and has begun upgrading it starting with insisting on the level of cleanliness she has always demanded at Le Muguet. For you Muguet / 7th arrondissement fans who find it difficult to afford the prices at Le Muguet, you now have a lower priced option.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laidback14
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Went on Spring break based on a recommendation from my dentist. The staff was terrific and very helpful. They really seemed to enjoy us visiting. The hotel is located walking distance form the Invalids and ture to the 15 min walk to the Eiffel tower which we walked to several times. The street is quiet and the hotel very clean. Lots of places to eat and shop with good transportation options in many directions. If you ever needed anything answered or were lost we found everyone including strangers very helpful. We can hardly wait until our next vist and this would be our first choice. We had a triple room which we found to be plently big considering reviews we read about hotels in Europe and our bathroom was a comfortable size and did I mention clean. We found the breakfast fully satisfying and it was priced very reasonable for the Euro $$. We liked that we could have as much coffee unlimited since for example a small cup of coffee was 4.00 euors = $5.48 US at the restaurants. It's optional but I would recommend it since if your day was full of sites like ours it held us over with a snack during the day until dinner at night.
I work in the transportation industry so I live in hotels and the Muguet possesed everything I consider to be home away from home! Loved it!

Southwest Airline Employee
Dallas TX

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank tootsie12
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We stayed at The Muguet last September and I loved it. The rooms were quaint, and clean. Martin the nightman was great company and full of friendly conversation.
The area is perfect for getting around Paris. The Metro stop is only a few minutes walk and the FANTASTIC Le Florimond restaurant is right around the corner. Make sure to have the Creme Brulee. This was a fabulous and truly French experience.
Make sure to go to the Cafe Centrel on Rue Cler. Their chicken risotto was to die for!
Also... if you walk straight down Rue Cler right to the end.. you'll smell the lovely bakery on the right, before you see it.
The best hotel and area I've stayed at in Paris!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank laj
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We booked this hotel after reading favourable reviews here on tripadvisor. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We were upgraded on arrival to a superior room that even had a view of the Eiffel tower - the top of it at least. The room was very spacious, with lots of storage space, a small sitting area with a table and sofa and a large bathroom with a full size bath. The bed was huge and comfortably solid. Free Wi-Fi throughout was very reliable and a real bonus. While temperatures were constanly sub-zero outside, the hotel was pleasantly warm without overdoing it as is common practice. Breakfast was a little expensive at €11 per person but there was a good self-service selection of cereals, cold meats, cheeses, fresh bread and croissants. There was also a cook willing to prepare omlettes etc to order. This was served in a glass conservatory in the hotels small garden. I suppose when it's less freezing that this is opened to make a small patio.
The surrounding area may not be the livelyiest in Paris for nightlife but there is a good selection of very good restaurants withing walking distance and the hotel is well served for public transport. All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seatizen_Pete
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I'm afraid that I'm almost a year late in writing this review, but don't think things have changed that much since then. I picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and its location. I was not disappointed. The location turned out to be perfect for me. It's walking distance to everything in the 7th like the Eiffel Tower, D'Orsay, Invalides, and the Rodin Museum. Everything else you want to see is very easily accessible by bus or Metro, yet it's located in a quiet residential neighborhood. One of the big draws to me is how close it is to Rue Cler -- a perfect spot for breakfast and picking up picnic supplies for the day.

As for the hotel itself, it's very clean and comfortable. I had one of the little rooms off the courtyard on the ground floor. It's pretty tiny, but SO affordable. Particularly for Paris. I thought my bathroom was a pretty good size and particularly appreciated the shower with lots of hot water. The only downside was the free wifi. Its connections were spotty, at best. Still, they had a computer in the lobby that I never had to wait for.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. I had flown all night from the U.S. and arrived around 9:00 a.m. with a 12:30 reservation at Guy Savoy. I emailed them that I would be arriving early, but the most I hoped for was access to a bathroom to freshen up before I dropped off my bags. They actually let me check in. Being able to shower and change allowed me to enjoy the day MUCH more than I would have if I'd had to go straight out after 12 hours of traveling.

I feel a little odd giving a 5-star rating to a hotel in a city that has places like the Ritz, but I thought everything about it was nice. If you're looking for small boutique hotel, you can't beat this place. The only thing that would make me not return is if I decided I wanted to stay in an entirely different part of Paris. Otherwise, I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo