“Pistachio Escargot!”

Ranked #9 of 327 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: 10th Arr. - Entrepot
Neighbourhood: 10th Arr. - Entrepot
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We heard about this place on an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s show and thought we would check it out.

The croissants were really good but, you HAVE to get the pistachio escargot. The pistachio escargot was AMAZING!!! Best bread I’ve eaten so far in my life.

The bakery is not very central Paris. It was a little out of the way from everything else we had planned for the trip, but totally worth the journey. I cannot wait to return to Paris to have another pistachio escargot.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We walked in with barely a line and chose several of the pastries and breads.
The croissant was simply fantastic, flaky and yet with body and flavor without a hint of fat in the mouthfeel.
The crust on the bread was amazing. Thick, crunchy and the bread perfectly sour and flavorful.
I ate so much that it took a day for my mouth to recover. It was extraordinary. Grab anything, it is wonderful, walk to the canal, sit and eat......

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Over many bakeries I tried, I like Du Pain et des Idees the most. Pistachio escargot and Sacristain are my favorite. Banana chocolate pastry is a good try too.
I went there at 8 a.m., no line at all; but when I went there the next day at 10 a.m., the queue was quite long.
The owner is kind and attentive.
There is table outside where we can use to eat or go straight to Saint Martin canal and enjoy these lovely breads there.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

The pastries were absolutely delicious , so good in flavor, looks , everything. I tried the Pain chocolat banane, and my wife the escargot miel, both were extremely good. The staff was not that friendly but you have to consider that they had a line of people waiting , plus most of us did not speak French ;-).

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

We had heard of this bakery via the Anthony Bourdain Layover show and are very glad we decided to hunt it down. Thanks to google maps, the metro and a very nice waiter we found it. Well worth the trek. As there were just 3 of us we couldn't buy everything we wanted - we should have gone more than once. The croissants were the best ever, the bread to die for and the pastries worth every mile I had to run when I got home. This was a very French experience as it is not in the tourist areas, a real neighbourhood bakery. Go if you can.

Date of visit: April 2016