“Great Price and Location”
Review of Alexandrine Opera

Alexandrine Opera
Ranked #1,294 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I've just returned after staying here for 2 nights. I didn't know what to expect as it was very reasonable to stay here compared to other hotels in Paris. We took the Metro from Gard du Nord and the hotel was directly opposite the Liege Metro, ideal. Our room was ready on arrival. We were in the "garden". A lovely room with twin beds and a separate bathroom and toilet up stairs. It was very quite as only 2 rooms in this area of the hotel. Breakfast was very basic but adequate. Unfortunately no water available to drink but on the 2nd day we took our own. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful giving directions and guidance. Clean towels both day.

The hotel is very central and easy to walk around or the metro is directly opposite and this is very easy to use.

There are plenty of bars nearby to have a drink/something to eat and watch the world go by. There's also a little supermarket to purchase provisions. The room had a small fridge which was very handy.

Room Tip: Room 6 was in the garden and very quiet. It could do with a mirror in the bedroom area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I would prefer to make my review in bullets to be more clear:

1) Best value price: what you see is what you get. Very clean room, recently refurbished. Old building but you don't care cause the room is very descent and comfortable
2) Great reception: Ask for Monsieur Paul. Great guy, very helpful and excellent English
3) Descent breakfast: Cereal, Croissant, Bread, Cheese, Coffee, juice etc. Located in the small basement which might look a bit small but it looks very traditional and clean.
4) 10 meters from Liege Metro station (Metro Line 13). Great for transport since Metro Line 13 is pretty central
5) 50 meters from the bus stop (Rue de St Petersburgh). Bus number 80 takes you straight to the La Seine river and Eiffel tower. Another excellent way to transport.
6) Cheap: 3 nights single bedroom almost 220 euros
7) Great location in general. Many little stores for food and drink around. Easiest access to public transport services ever.
8) Free Wifi, refridgerator
9) Cleaning service everyday
10) It doesn't have an A/C system

Great choice if you ask me. Much better that 3 star hotels in some cases.

Room Tip: Last floor rooms (6th) have a great ambient temperature and look like an attic
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Billygeo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Just come back from a long weekend in Paris staying 2 nights at the Hôtel Alexandrine Opéra. We wanted to walk everywhere as much as possible so we could enjoy the streets of Paris so its location was important. About 30 minute walk from Gard Du Nord and roughly the same to some of the main attractions. The Hotel is basic and yes, the rooms are quite small but we were out all day, back in the evening and then out again. so if you are looking to do the same, its ideal. The great thing is, the check in is 1:30PM and check out 12PM. On our our last day, they let us leave our luggage in a room by reception so we could wander off to see more sites. I found the staff very helpful.

The Liege Metro is at the bottom of the street - 2 stops to champs elysees, so very handy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BullyBeefBill
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I just came back from Paris, the hotel is :

1-The hotel is newly renovated, so you will find the painitng bright, new carpets , ,,,

2-the rooms are small, but clean, althought they did not change the sheets for the 3 days :( , but i did not complain about it, becasue I always come back late in the evening.

3- at least in my room, the double bed is actually 2 singles beds clsoe to each other.

4- the bathroom is small , but clean.
5- Do not count on internet connection in the hotel, although there is wireless, but it is too slow to open even hotmail account, and if you complain , they say there is nothing they can do for u.
6- the hotel is very close to metro station , less than 5 min walking , only 3 stops to champs lysiee.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reham585
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Booked my trip last minute, and unfortunately had to cancel the next day (plans fell through). Sent them a quick email and they responded right away, then credited my card for the full deposit and first night amount.

My cancellation was almost exactly at the 24hr point where they could have charged me a penalty cancellation fee, but they were extremely understanding and courteous in our interactions, and credited my account before I even asked.

Looking forward to staying with them when my trip is re-scheduled a few months from now. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniel0122
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Just came back from the trip in Paris, stayed the whole week in Alexandrine Opera.
Sure, the room is small, but it's spotless, relatively quiet and the staff is helpful and friendly. They speak decent English, and if you come back late at night and the front door is closed, you just ring the bell and in a less than a minute they'll come and let you in.
The breakfast is limited (one croissant and half a baget for person) but you can also choose from a variety of yogurts, cereals and cheese.
So, for this price it's a good room, less than a minute from a metro and half an hour walking from Louvre.

Room Tip: Floors 1-3 you get free hotel Wifi, then you're out of range
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Demiriya
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights and we had a great time. I'm honestly shocked at the negative reviews on here. Let's review.

1) Noisy rooms? No. The only noise we heard was during the first afternoon, when we were trying to take a nap around 4 PM after finally arriving in Paris after a red-eye flight. We heard doors banging and people talking, but that's to be expected in the afternoon. For four nights we heard absolutely no noise. We were exploring Paris and came back around 11 or 12 at night, so maybe it's noisy before 11 PM. But after 11 we had no problems at all (and I'm very sensitive to noise at night).

2) Small rooms? Yes. But so what? We're here to see Paris, not the inside of a hotel room. The room should be big enough for a bed, that's all I care about.

3) Small bathroom? Yes. See #2. We showered each morning and then left. There was hot water, decent water pressure, and a perfectly functioning toilet. What else are you requiring from a bathroom?

4) Lousy breakfast? Don't know, didn't try it. Yes, it's 9 euros, but if the negative reviewers on here had bothered to actually visit other local restaurants on the street, they'd find that other places were offering a coffee, croissant, and orange juice for 9 euros. Our experience in Italy, Spain, and France are the same -- tiny breakfasts everywhere. Get out of the hotel and eat on the streets.

I would recommend this place if you simply want a safe and clean place to stay while visiting Paris. And considering the location, it's a fantastic price. It's a great location right next to 2 metro stations. The wifi worked great, and the front desk people were very friendly. However, if you're more interested in hanging out in your hotel room or doing yoga in your bathroom, best to try the local Hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple