“Most disgusting hotel i have ever seen”
Review of Leonard de Vinci

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leonard de Vinci
Ranked #1,535 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
belfast
“Most disgusting hotel i have ever seen”
Reviewed 19 February 2008

This has got to be the most disgusting hotel i have ever seen - i arrived on sat 16 feb - was supposed to stay for 2 nights with my girlfriend and 8 year old son - went up to the room - wouldnt let my dog stay in it - room was smelly - smelt of damp - bedding looked filthy - bathroom was disgusting - how anyone could stay in this hotel is beyond me - when we went down to complain we were offered another room - after some debate i agreed to go and look at it - it was just as bad - and to top it all it was already being used by other guests - their bags were on the floor in the room - after returning to the reception - i demanded a refund and was told this was not possible - the man on reception was very arrogant and was very unhelpful - i demanded the manager - who was not available - i had to leave the hotel without a refund - anyone who may be reading this - please take note of this review and stay well clear of this hotel - it is a filthy place and should be taken off any hotel website

• Liked — there is nothing to like - it is disgusting
  • Disliked — the whole place - a real flea pit
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MARTY_3113

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cairo
Reviewed 8 January 2008

The hotel is located near to Republique Square ..
its also near to the Metro ..around 500 meters ,
the problem is :
- Breakfast is so bad and costs alot around 6 euro
- Location is ok , there is a pattiserrie near to it who sells and excellent desserts ,
- Metro access is easy also ,
- Hotel has an Elevator ( not the best but..they have ) .
- Rooms are EXTREMELY Narrow ....Just you and ur bag !

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank W0OkieE

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

texas
Reviewed 16 October 2007

I booked to stay here for three nights- the location at 22 Rue Des Trois Bornes. I didn't want anything fancy, just a place to stay. When I got up the first morning to shower, the shower head kept falling down and spraying against the wall. It looked like this had been a problem for a while. I could manage to shower if I held the shower in one hand and washed with the other. I told the man at the desk about the problem. He told the woman who works during the day. She called a plumber. The next day when I showered, the metal tubing started to come apart, so that water went everywhere, and it wasn't really possible to shower. I told the woman at the desk that the problem was now worse. She called the plumber again and left a message. I had the impression that they really didn't care about getting it fixed, and that they were just going through the motions. I decided to check into another hotel. Later that afternoon, when I returned and packed up my luggage, the shower still hadn't been fixed. (It just needed a new showerhead and tubing. Anyone could do it. I don't really know why they kept calling a plumber.) When I asked for a refund for the night that I would not be spending there, the woman became very angry. She told me that the plumber was coming. She said I had broken it the metal tubing by pulling on it. She said I just wanted to move to a nicer area and was looking for an excuse to leave. She eventually gave me a refund for the night that I was not going to stay, but only after she could tell that I was going to stand in the reception area looking disgruntled while other new guests checked in. I wouldn't be surprised if that shower still isn't fixed. It's room 401.

Other than that, the shopowners and waiters in this area that I met were all very friendly.

• Liked — Close to a metro stop
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank alice1964
London
Reviewed 25 August 2007

When we arrived at the hotel we found the entrance small and no decent facilities. The reception guy was friendly and told us where the main attractions were. The room itself was quite small and wasn't decorated, it looked crap!! The cupboard doors didn't shut properly, and the water in the shower wasn't hot all the time. The breakfast wasn't too good, there was a small choice of hot drinks and we were offered orange juice in addition, as for the food, they only offered croissants and some very hard bread! No hot food...no buffet!! Having said that, the location is quite ok, its a 5 mins walk from the metro station, and you can go almost anywhere with the metro. Overall, we didn't enjoy the stay at the hotel, this was the worst hotel we've ever stayed at, and we will never go back to this hotel!

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank kittyanddaniel
cornwall,england
Reviewed 12 August 2007

i'll just note that im talking about the 22 rue des trois bornes location(near parmentier metro stop) as some of the reviews seem to talk about somewhere else!!
we are two young females,
we arrived by coach to the international coach station and from there very easily found our way to parmentier metro station at around 6am.from there we walked safely straight to the hotel,5mins walk.great bar right by metro stop.

the staff member was shocked by our v early arrival and we all laughed it off,he let us use a bathroom to wash up and change,offered us a drink,let us watch t.v. and leave our bags there until 2pm check in! he showed us things to do nearby on a map and even lent us the hotels own guidebook to use for our entire stay.we walked to the pere lachaise cemetary nearby which was beautiful in the autumn,and quite eerie!

the room was ready at 2:30 when we got back,we had a big window that opened wide onto a quiet residential street,lots of space, t.v, clean comfortable beds, wardrobe,desk, storage, phone, and a clean spacious bathroom.

there was a small lift but the spiral staircase was just as convenient to all rooms.
continental breakfasts were very fresh and plenty was offered.
in the lobby: leaflets, souvenirs, t.v, sofa,very friendly helpful knowledgable chatty staff, you can get coffee and drinks all day.

parmentier metro 5 mins walk,easy to get to all the sights on the metro, republique 10 mins walk,
safe area with shops cafes and bars.
would reccomend to all.

• Liked — friendly staff,close to metro,close to great shops and bars
  • Disliked — i really cant think of any bad points.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 June 2007

I can't thank these reviews enough. Without reading them, I would not have know how far the hotel was from the Metro and the environment around the hotel. Most who rated this hotel is very accurate. You are indeed a good 10 minute walk to RER, Metro at La Defense and it literally is 7 stops to the Lourve and City Center, not bad at all!! The walk is NICE going thru the nice arch and business district skyscrapers. It was very convenient. Just remember last metro is at 12:30pm at night.

One thing to keep in mind, reception is closed from 12-2pm. Also, parking is closed at that time unless you have checked in. Parking is 9 Euros underground. Also, there are street parking outside if you are lucky like us. We found a space just outside.

Also, dont get lost on the freeways. We ended up paying toll (6-12 Euros each time) more and it hurts.

Rooms are small, but clean and modern and to the point. There is nothing more or less you need. Kitchenette area is clean and so are the utensils, etc. We were pleased.

Note, there is nooooo air conditioning but there is a heater. So, beware in the summer time!

Good Luck.

Stayed June 2007
Upstate NY
Reviewed 12 March 2007

My girlfriend and i went to Paris for our first time. We booked through Expedia.com for the airfare and hotel package. It was quite nicely priced. BEfore arriving I was concerned that we were outside of the city limits and didn't know anything about the neighborhood. When we arrived, it was a very nice area, seemed to be a rather new area, upscale, and felt quite safe late at night. The Metro wasn't far from us and was only one stop from L'arch de Triumphe. Since the metro system was so accessable and took us anyplace we wanted quickly, i would recommend this place as a good place to stay. The room was small, the bed not very cozy, hot water was very limited, and the front desk didn't follow through on 2 wake up calls, the second one being a wake up call so we could go to the airport on time. To sum it up: Location 4 of 5 stars; room completely average 2.5 stars, service has to get a 2 of 5 stars because of not getting the promised wake up calls (no alarm clock in the room); value- well we got a deal through expedia.com so i cannot say what their normal rates are. Hope this gives you a real enough perspective on it all! Cheers!

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lotharhillpeople
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Canal Saint-Martin
Bastille / Oberkampf
Hotel des Metallos
Hotel des Metallos
#980 of 1,801 in Paris

Been to Leonard de Vinci? Share your experiences!