“Beautiful Hotel in the Opera District”
Review of Hotel Basile

Hotel Basile
Ranked #612 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great hotel - clean, modern, fantastic location. It is a block from the Opera and Galleries Lafayette, and also from the Roissy bus stop to the airport. Really enjoyed our stay here, and highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meg43265

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Basile re-opened on Jan 13 after a substantial renovation (previous name Montreal) that made small modern rooms (standard for Paris) and essential but very functional bathrooms. I had two interconnected rooms (one for me+my wife, one for my two sons) with related bathrooms, which is quite unique for such an hotel in Paris. Both front and backside rooms have no noise from outside and efficient air conditioning. Charming welcome and good hints for dinner from the people in the front desk. The location is perfect, with 3 metro lines, parkings, restaurants and shopping at walking distance.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife and daughters (under 10). They gave us 2 connected rooms, it was the perfect deal. The hotel is trendy, perfectly situated, the staff very helpful and friendly. I feel we got good value for our money. We stayed there 5 days, then took the train to another city, then came back for another 2 days, and felt we were coming back home! I finally found my kind of hotel in Paris!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank adaimy
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Booked into this Hotel for the weekend of the 25th Anniversary of our 1st date. Didn't really know what to expect as "Tripadvisor" said it was a "central location" and we were travelling with our 17 year old son.
We were advised that there was no parking at the Hotel but paid Parking was available at a cost of €35 per day close by. When we arrived we parked in a " Loading Bay" just outside the Hotel and got our luggage inside. As I booked in my Husband went in search of parking. He found a Car Park just minutes away. I asked the Receptionist about Parking and he said that parking was free on the street outside the Hotel if you could get an available space, which we did later than night. So we had FREE PARKING all weekend when a space became available.
The Hotel was fabulous. A Boutique Hotel right in the centre of Paris. Minutes from The Opera House and La Fayette and 10 minutes walk from The Louvre.
Décor was ultra chic . Room was very restricted space wise as one would expect in Paris but every facility was available all the same. Ultra modern décor which was fabulous to live in as a new experience because we live in a Georgian Style house at home.
Staff were very helpful without exception.
Had a minor problem with our Bill on discharge, where they billed us for a bottle of Champagne from the mini bar that we definitely did not have, but the receptionist checked the date and it was billed on our date of arrival, which meant that the previous occupants of the room used it(or took it) but we definitely didn't use it . When I pointed this out to the male receptionist he believed me ( I think) I was resolved to our satisfaction. I did offer to pay if he felt that we did use it ( which we did not as my Husband is a TT) He said Ok I believe you , but some guests take the Champagne as a souvenier!. My motto in life is always pay everyone you owe!
We got a very good deal at this Hotel and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Great location. Free Parking if you are lucky. Very nice staff. Small rooms but very well serviced. Definitely choose this Hotel.

2  Thank roccoIreland
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Went to Paris for an unplanned weekend break and booked hotel from Orly Tourist Information Centre. Lady there suggested the Basile and we decided to try our luck as it was a 3star hotel. Were very pleasantly surprised on arrival as reception was friendly and rooms were super clean, quiet and newly refurbished! It is also very central and close to Maddeleine. Would suggest it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Hotel Basile has an excellent location in central Paris, within easy walk of the Louvre and close to several Metro stops. The hotel is clean, modern and very comfortable with helpful reception staff. Most amazingly the rooms are quiet! We would definitely use this hotel again and recommend it to anyone on a sightseeing trip to Paris.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms at the back of the hotel don't have a view but they are lovely and peaceful.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

What a good surprise. This small hotel had the perfect location for me - so close to the department stores, and other shopping spots. Public transportation was also fast and easy to access. I selected it as it's direct to La Defense with the metro.
The lobby is friendly, well decorated, makes you feel at home.
The staff was very nice and helpful, recommended several restaurants less than 5 minutes walking distance, all good and not too pricey :)
Breakfast was more than enough for me - all I have in the morning is coffee and Orange juice, and they had both, very good.
The room was spotless, no noise at all, even though the hotel was loaded with families

Like I said, just loved it :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends