Best Western Plus La Demeure
Media(Paris)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsst marcelrue mouffetardlatin quarterles goblinsles gobelins metro stationnespresso machinethe toilet seatnice hotelsafe locationwalking distancea great staythoroughly enjoyed our stayfirst morningcorner roomrecommend this hotelboutique hotelmain attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the second time. I really like the location, very near the Rue La Mouffetard with its nice market and lovely food shops. And near the metro station Les Gobelins. The lobby is recently renovated, it's nice, but it lost some of its Parisian style. The room was lovely and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anita v
Yan G, Directeur général at Best Western Plus La Demeure, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Anita,

on the behalf of the entire team of the Hotel La Demeure I would like to express you our sincere gratitude for your kind review.

We were very pleased to welcome you at the Hotel La Demeure and it is a great reward for all of us to know that we have succeeded in making you feel "at home"

We hope to greet you again very soon among us!

Warm regards from Paris!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed four nights.

In May when it's 66 F outside it was 77 F in the room. Three days after complaining the manager came told me I'm wrong and insulted me.

Room is small clean and overpriced.

Day stuff was very unpleasant. Simple questions for a restaurant recommendation the answer would be "there are a lot of restaurants in Paris".

Will not come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
17  Thank oferbens

Dear Oferbens,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to let you know Hotel La DEMEURE have a new management team since September 30th 2015.

We will be delighted to welcome you back at La DEMEURE and show you how great can be our hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just had a four night stay in Paris as part of our holiday and stayed here all four nights. We had a double room at the front of the hotel and were delighted to discover it had a tiny little balcony with a table and chairs for two with a direct view of the Eiffel Tower. The area didn't feel too touristy and was within walking distance of two different metro line stations, a lovely market down Rue Mouffetard which were delightful, and we also walked down to Notre Dame. There are plenty of choices of places to eat and two patisseries to chose from right across the road.
The staff were friendly, spoke very good English, and the breakfast room ladies were friendly and cheerful. We did miss not having a hot breakfast option, but hey, there is a lovely cheese plate and smoked salmon every morning! (among other choices).
Our only major problem would be the unreliable and very slow internet. There was wifi in the room but certainly not continuously available. There is a mac available to guests to use in the lobby. We found the lack of reliable wifi frustrating but I would imagine it could seriously impact on a guest that was on a work visit and needed wifi in their room to work.
Overall we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front with a balcony and view of Eiffel Tower. The french doors are double glazed so there isn't much street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to tell you that Hotel La DEMEURE have a new management team since September 30th 2015.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just finished a two night stay at Hotel La Demeure while conducting business at La Pitie-Salpetrie Hospital. The hotel is located in a pleasant area that is a new one for me in Paris. I arrived around midnight the first night and was given a decent, but very small room. I had to move since I had not included the second night I needed when I made the reservation and the second night I was put in a much nicer room that was in the front corner. Both rooms were clean. I found the decor to be a bit minimal and severe, but that's a matter of taste.

The breakfast is ok, but seems a bit steep at 16 euros considering that it is modest continental. They do, however, have one of the most extensive selections of jams that I've ever seen. And they are good.

The issue I had with the hotel, and as a business traveler this is a deal-breaker, was the awful speed of their internet connection. Even when I could connect I had to plan on doing other things while I moved between webpages. There was a period on Friday evening when I couldn't connect at all. This really needs to be looked after. I had the sense that most, if not all, of the other guests were tourists, and so it probably didn't matter to them too much.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the ones in the front corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank OttawaRoamer

Dear OttawaRoamer,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights in a double and triple room. As with most hotels in Paris the rooms were small - the triple was a comfortable size, the double a little snug. The bathroom in the double was particularly tiny and not well designed as the toilet lid did not have room to be put up without holding it and then trying to sit down. However, the shower was great and the rooms were very clean and reasonably comfortable for a short stay. Unlike other reviewers I thought the hotel was very quiet and on the 4th floor I was certainly not disturbed by any traffic noise and had a view of the Eifel Tower in the distance. I also thought that the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was ample - there was a choice of two cereals, fruit and yogurt and a selections of breads, pastries and cheese and an amazing array of jams. The reception area and adjoining room were very tastefully decorated and looked very chic and modern. The nearest Metro was a short walk away (La Gobelin) and it was easy to get into the centre of Paris. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family