“Breakfast is not really included.”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #1,572 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Nashville, Tennessee
“Breakfast is not really included.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Ok so this hotel looks great in the pictures....some of the rooms have been upgraded some not. Construction right outside of our window and hotel is in an alley with drunks outside all hours of the night.
Bed was clean and so was the bathroom. Room was small no biggie but busted furniture in front of the bed and just kind of run down. Good if you just need to sleep and don't play on being in the hotel that much.
breakfast is coffee and bread. That's it!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Located very centrally, just near a main road. I walked to most of the main attractions, Champs Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, the hop on hop off bus stop is very close, and bars and cafés everywhere nearby. The breakfast is included and the rooms are reasonably basic but comfortable. Very reasonably priced for Central Paris. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent location and price. Simple and clean, We arrived early, but the hotel staff let us make an early check-in to leave our baggage in the room.
Everyone were very kind, specially the manager that is Portuguese! :)
The breakfast was good, too.
In our last day in Paris, they let us store our baggage in the bagagge room with no time limitation.
If we visit Paris again, our stay surely will be in Victoria Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catia_Figueiredo_13
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel was in perfect placement being a 2 minute walk from the metro meaning you are a 2 - 5 minute journey from landmarks and about a 20 - 30 minute walk to the notre dame. The breakfast was nice, some croissants, fruit, toast...etc. and all you can eat so we were always full for the day ahead :)
The rooms were big enough for us, not with tons of room but when you're visiting somewhere so beautiful why would it need to be. They were spotless and the beds were amazingly comfy and the whole room decorated tastefully.
The staff were friendly and very helpful arranging airports drop offs for the way home and also letting us leave our bags in a secure area when we arrived even though we were hours early for our room time.
Would definitely recommend this hotel as it was friendly, very clean, well organised, very decently priced and in perfect placement for anyone visiting Paris.
We will hopefully be coming back at some time as this helped to make an amazing holiday! :)
Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I found this hotel very dificult to find even though I had very clear instructions as how to get there. There was scaffolding covering the whole front of the building and just a little a4 size piece of paper stuck to the wall saying Victoria hotel.
I entered the building to find a woman on the phone who looked up to see me but didnt acknowledge me at all. After a wait of about 10 minutes she eventually asked me what I wanted even though she was still on the phone.
I told her I would like to check in and she begrudgingly told the person on the phone that there was a client here so they would have to ring back.
She put me in a room on the 4th floor, that when I got there wasnt ready to be checked in to and wasnt made up.
I had food with me and was hungry so decided to just wait on the stairs until it was ready but after an hour and not seeing anyone went back to reception and enquired as to when I could get into the room and she just rolled her eyes and said get you suitcase I put you in another room.
I was then on the first floor.
The room was facing the back of the hotel, not a pretty view but it was quiet and the air was fresh.
The room was small but the bed was comfy, the water was hot with great pressure and the toilet worked.
The breakfast wasnt too flash but the bonus was you could make a couple of rolls to take with you for the day so that was good.
The staff werent the friendliest or the most helpful but it was in a fantastic location and at the end of a long day in Paris I had what I needed.
I probably wouldnt recomend this place but if I had to stay there again I wouldnt be too disappointed.
Oh and although there was a lot of scafolding across the front of the building not once did I hear or see any sign of building, construction or renovation taking place... very odd?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank VMP68
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great prices and location attracted us to this Hotel. It was an early Mothers Day treat from my daughter. I had not been to Paris for 50 years. We arrived very early, but were welcomed and staff allowed us to store our luggage so that we could fully enjoy day 1 of our 3 days there. We came back after 6pm and there was another wonderful welcome from the next person on reception, and full advise on the location of the dining area for breakfast, times for breakfast and that the lift our stairs would get us to our room. A fairly basic but adequate room for three, but quiet courtyard outside, extremely clean inside. We spent the evening in a local restaurant, then back to the Hotel for a good night's sleep. Great choice at Breakfast Buffet, Superb staff in dining room, the cleaning staff and all reception people. We booked out after 2 nights but again were granted the luggage room for storage so that we could enjoy the final hours. Cannot praise this hotel enough, and refurbishment that is currently being done did not disturb us in any way. Re-visit on the cards for next year to explore more of the Paris History and Art- Victoria Hotel's location, prices and very good service make this our 1st choice for a place to stay- Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Any room will be a fairly quiet one, I believe. , as in a quiet street off the main streets.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jan W
Kilmarnock, Scotland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Plenty of positives for the hotel and a couple of negatives. First of all, I was in Room 12. It was spotlessly clean if quite small but the bed was very comfortable. Toilet and shower were again clean but quite small. Every time i turned round in the shower i hit the handle and turned it down. It was really powerful though. A little negative for that particular room was that it was right at the door into reception and the door squeaked then banged every time someone went through it. It meant that once I wakened and folk started going for beakfast there was no getting back to sleep. On the up side, because I was so close to reception, there was wifi if I sat on the corner of my bed. Quite funny to watch everybody huddle in reception for wifi. Breakfast was perfectly adequate. Bread, croissants, fruit juice, coffee or tea and yogurt. You can go up as many times as you want. I would say the reception staff were pleasant enough without being chatty. Maybe something to do with me speaking very little French. The location is fantastic with plenty pubs & restaurants etc within walking distance and the Metro is yards away. I read 2 Trip Advisor reviews that said the hotel smelt of urine and that someone was disgusted they had to go and buy an iron. Firstly, there are no bad smells (as I said, the hotel is perfectly clean) and if you want an iron in your room, don't book into a 2 star hotel - Simples!

Room Tip: Away from receptiopn
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends