“Great budget option in Paris”

Hotel Prince Albert Wagram
Ranked #1,129 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved this hotel. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

The rooms are tiny, but very comfortable. The shower head was amazing, like a rainstorm.

Location was ok, especially for the price - in paris anything near the metro is fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leila K

Reviewed 12 July 2014

When booked from an external site, the French "publicity name" was Arc de Triomphe, which was a little misleading as it is a fair walk from the Arc. 7-10 EUR taxi ride from the Arc ensured that I found the place. It is slightly off street and not immediately obvious.
When I stayed it was mid-renovation and only the tiny lift would allow me to get to ground floor (max 2 pers) Avoid if you are claustrophobic.
Staff were friendly enough, reception was a bit drab and the rooms are quite compact.
All in all, a good budget hotel as long are you are not expecting a lot in terms of views, just a nice comfy bed to sleep in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 nights with a friend. The hotel is being renovated so don't let the reception area scare you. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is very small but it's nice anyway. Beds are super comfy and the bathroom is well equipped. A metro station within a walking distance, multiple restaurants and cafés are near by. You'd have to ask for help with the wifi and the remote for the AC. Other than that I think it will be great once the renovations are completely finished!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Haia M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The reception area is drab but once you get to the room itself...its rather nice.... small but nice. no view at all ( just a French boy playing loud rap music from across the road which didn't bother me much ). What i didn't like was the renovations.... the noise was so loud and there was someone knocking at the door screaming " service " every other minute in a French accent !!!

Other than that.... its a nice walking distance to the Arc and Eiffel and there are plenty restaurants nearby and a 24 hour shop ( where we bought wine but no smokes ) just across the road.

people at reception are very helpful aswell.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A friend and I stayed at the hotel for two nights - our first time in Paris. We were both guilty of holding a very romantic view of Paris, as most people whohave never been tothe City are probably guilty of. We were a little disenchanted and the Wagram had become something of an in-joke for such things.

Our experience started with our Taxi driver from Orly Airport not knowing where the Wagram is located. The hotel is in some form of alleyway, which in the dark is rather quite intimidating. The woman at reception was helpful if a little disinterested and certainly wasn't desperately welcoming. We were not told where breakfast was meant to be served - and when - despite paying for it.
Getting up to the room was an ordeal. The lift is tiny and can barely fit a person let alone one with a suitcase. The stairs are steep so there's quite a wait for the lift.
The room itself is fine, if a little small. The hair drier in the room has the blowing ability of a grasshopper so I would suggest bringing your own.

The view out of the window is of an apartment across the alleyway and my friend and I had the pleasure of watching a resident Parisien clipping his toenails of the balcony and into the alleyway below.
When it came to our room being serviced, the maid knocked on the door and asked us if we wanted cleaning. As a housekeeper myself, I was a little disconcerted that she had headphones in and I could hear the music, but whatever. When we said yes, she simply held a black bag open, expecting us to empty our own bins and then just giving us fresh towels out of the pack to hang up ourselves. So we ended up servicing our own room. If this is how the job is done in all hotels in Paris, I think I'm working in the wrong city!

The Wagram presents itself as being close to the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triumph but it actually turned out to be over an hour's walk away! It's really too far away for any of the 'touristy' bits of Paris, so unless you know exactly where you are going for a specific purpose, I'd pick another hotel!

All in all though, the Wagram is just fine as a bed to sleep in, which is what we wanted and paid for, really.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hotel currently being renovated, our room was completed.
Room is very small a task and a half to stow luggage so can move around bed.
Bathroom is tiny but the shower was more than adequate with an amazing shower head.
We are on the outskirts of town closest to Arc De Triomphe and Champs-Élysées but easy to catch train or taxi.
Staff were wonderful and all spoke good English which helped tremendously. Special mention to Essia, she is absolutely amazing, pleasant and helpful with nothing of a bother
If you wanted to stay closer to main attractions this isn't the hotel for you but we were more than happy with our stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A lovely little hotel which is being renovated whilst we were there but this did not put us off. The location is ideal to explore Paris with the Arc de Triomphé & Champs- Élysées being walking distance. Loads of restaurants and shops around with the Metro nearby. I was particularly happy with my newly decorated room. Great shower and toiletries. Free Wi-Fi is a plus. The staff is
friendly and willing to help with any requests. In summary, will definitely return and recommend
to friends & family - could not fault this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends