“Nice hotel in Paris”

Ranked #615 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We liked the hotel. The rooms were decent size and very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was good size and clean as well. The location was perfect. It is located about five minutes from Gare de Nord. There are a lot of restaurants and stores close to the hotel. The staff were wonderful. They really helped with a lot of tips. The elevator is very small. Can not fit more than 3 people in the same time. And internet was kind of annoying and slow. But overall, good value for the money and good location. Their breakfast was really good. I do recommend this hotel to other travelers going to Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duraid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We needed a room for one night in Paris, convenient to Gard du Nord (for the RER to CDG),so we could stow our luggage while we spent one last day in Paris. Found Lecroy online and were delighted. Agree that elevator is tiny but adequate, except if you have large suitcases. Cute design, with color stripes! Breakfast was delightful, with abundant fresh fruit, lots of pastries, yogurt, meats, cheese, juices, and oatmeal. Staff was equally delightful, offering suggestions for dining in the neighborhood. (A new place opened a block away, without a name but PACKED with Parisians! Amazing!) Really clean bathroom! Only eyesore: They need to repaint walls on staircase. Would totally return. Given the limited amount of time one stays in their hotel room when touring a city, especially one that stays light until 10p, spend your euros enjoying the outside world! Left our luggage in the baggage room, picked it, walked to Gard du Nord and got onto RER and was at the airport in significantly less than an hour!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLKJSW
Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel itself was very nice and comfortable, however my friend and I are two young people who were looking for fun in Paris and at 20 we were the youngest guests by probably about 30 years. We were moved to this hotel by the hostel we had booked into and this hotel did not suite our needs at all, which is the only reason for my poor rating, otherwise I would rate it Very Good.
Pros:
-The staff were amazing, some of the best throughout Europe, with impeccable English and all super friendly and happy to point you in the right direction.
-The free continental breakfast was good, but definitely continental. Tourists from the UK, Us or Aus, do not expect any bacon or eggs! But it was very nice.
-Room and bathroom were clean with comfortable beds and modern decor, but quite small.

Cons:
-Elevator barely big enough for 1 person and luggage and the very steep staircase was very narrow (only an issue on check in and out).
-The location. It is only a stones-throw away from Gare Du Nord, which was handy as we arrived and departed via this station, however it was a fair way away from the central sites of Paris, and given the area my friend and I felt a little wary walking around by ourselves, particularly as new travellers.

Would be happy to stay for the price we payed (we payed what we had been quoted by our hostel), but upon checking the prices for an actual stay I would not stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cameronwhiteperth

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here in May for 4 nights and experienced the most amazing hotel we have stayed in whilst travelling so far! We paid under 200 euro for our whole stay which is amazing for Paris let alone the quality of the room and hotel. My one and only complaint would be the wifi we always only had 1 bar service and it was constantly cutting out. Would recommend to anyone :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

We checked in for four nights and I was a little cautious having read some of the reviews but I have to say that I was rather surprised. Whilst it's true that some of the communal areas, mainly the staircase (be aware, there is only a very small lift) could do with a little bit of attention in terms of decoration, we found our room to be well appointed and clean and tidy. The bed was a little too firm for my liking, but that's a personal thing really.
The room was quite quiet apart from the usual banging of doors by other guests and a little bit of traffic noise outside. The heating in the room was also amazingly efficient.
The breakfast was plentiful and enjoyable and the location was excellent, only a few minutes walk from the main railway station and the Metro line. Would consider using this hotel again if we go back to Paris.
Don't be put off by some of the previous reviews!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Only the counter staffs, namely Natalia (23 March 2013 @6pm) and Audrey (24 & 25 March 2013) who served us well.

Stayed from 23-26 March 2013.

I don't recommend this hotel, but if you can stand French people rudeness, then maybe this hotel is for you. Our stay was fine except for the last day on the check-out day of 26 March 2013. My 2-yr old son was being cranky and I was rebutted RUDELY by the manageress-in-charge on duty. She told me rudely to make my son quiet as he was disturbing other guests and she found him annoying. I said sorry and walked away from her but she still followed me until to the counter and she was complaining to her staff how annoying my son was. I asked her what was the problem and she repeated again my son was disturbing her guests and hurried me to leave the hotel soon. Me & husband went into a huge quarrel with her and she was raising her voice to us, the CUSTOMERS!!!

She was rude because I was wearing a head scarf, showing my identity as a Muslim, and so the lousy service & attitude she gave us, which was appalling and un-called for!

I DO NOT recommend this hotel as the french managress did not have any emphaty towards a crying child and did not even render help to pacify the crying child. She is racist to the max!!!

Moreover my husband had to load 9 luggages into the taxi and me, left with 2 hand-carried bags together with a crying child, and this unsympathetic managress just cant wait for us to leave the hotel.

The worse part, she said she has a child too and her child do not behave like mine.

Well woman, what I can tell you is that no 2 children are alike, and no 2 mothers are the same. Shame on you for treating your guests in that manner and shame on you for not having empathy towards a crying child.

There was indeed a warm-welcome on 23 March 2013 by the nice and helpful counter staff Natalia and Audrey was helpful to us on 24 & 25 March 2013. But the managress on duty on 26 March 2013 had to spoil it all.

If the owner of Hotel Le Rocroy happened to read my comments, please watch your cctv recording and take a look how the managress behaved!!!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank Rohaya19
Kent, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel looks a little tired in places, however the friendly staff and cleanliness cannot be faulted and more than make up for it's appearance. The breakfast was good and in plentiful supply. The double beds are two singles pushed together which have a tendancy to move apart during the night, which is a little uncomfortable. Also over my three night stay a Paris mouse found it's way into the air conditioning unit space above the entrance door to the room - leading to the pitter patter of tiny feet and scratching at various intervals throughout the night. There is a large TV in the room however the only English channel is BBC 24 news. The room could definately benefit with a kettle (with tea & coffee) would be great, as the machine in the lobby was broken; however the receptionist offered to provide hot water and nothing seemed to be too much trouble....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business