“Outstanding place”

Ranked #626 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding place”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend. Very conveniently located near the Gare du Nord train and metro station. We arrived a few hours early but the staff were very accommodating and were able to check us into our room early. The gentleman at the counter gave us a map and highlighted all of the major sites to see and their nearest metro locations. The room was very modern looking and was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious and clean. No complaints whatsoever. No noise, comfortable bed, and very decently priced. Wifi worked really well for us and the option to control your own air-conditioning was wonderful! Honestly could not believe the quality we got for the price that we paid. Next time I'm in Paris I'm definitely staying here. I have recommended this place to all of my friends traveling.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor (?) (room 407, I believe) and it was perfect. Not sure how the other floo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ALINE M, Manager at Hotel Rocroy, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for all these good reviews about our hotel and staff.
We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It's true that we always try to give a room on arrival when it's possible, even if it's before 2 PM. We know how it can be comfortable to be able to leave the luggage in your room (even if we provide also a luggage room), and have a shower when you travelled for a long time.
It's good that you enjoyed your room, its bathroom, the air-conditioning and the WIFI.
We would love to welcoming you and your friends again, and thank you for recommending le Rocroy.
Aline MYOTTE / The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We only stayed for a night stopover and choose this hotel for it's value for money and close proximity to Gare Du Nord (getting the Eurostar back to London). It's a decent hotel, clean, wifi and free pool table! A comfortable nights sleep.

Marion on reception was very friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iYapple
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in August. Decided on a premium room with Booking.com as it was still better value than other hotels I'd looked at and included breakfast. It was convenient for Gare du Nord but still quiet as it was in a side road. Easy access to the metro, although we chose to walk mostly (shame to go underground when you can enjoy looking at the different areas).
Our room, (4th floor) had air conditioning, a fridge, safe, kettle, hair drier, bath and shower. Furnishings were all clean and room was always immaculate when we returned. I did have to ask for coffee/tea to be replenished when they had forgotten but it wasn't a problem. Only drawback was the wardrobe was small so you couldn't hang up a dress. Wifi was available but I found it a little slow.
Breakfast was ample, usual continental, plenty of it and fresh, including fruit salad. The room was in the cellar and one side did smell a little, think cleaning equipment was kept down there. The side with the buffet was fine however.
Lift was small so I chose the stairs and my husband took the cases in it! Ask for a lower floor if you don't like small spaces!
Staff were polite and friendly.
I would recommend this hotel, I spent quite some time looking at others on the internet, but this one ticked more boxes, especially for the price. I would happily return.

Room Tip: Asked for a room away from lift, as advised on Tripadvisor, had room at end of corridor on level 4...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Really great location of the hotel. Very close to Gare du Nord. Which was excellent when travelling around in Paris. The Price is good.
We had a triple room. Good standard. The elevator was not of the newes sort. There were a lot of mould around in the building. The fire alarm went of twice while we stayed there. Once in the middle of the nicght and once in the early morning, due to people smoking in their rooms. A bit dissapointing fire routines.. No one checked up on us and no one told us what was happening.

But on the bright side
Not that much tourists in this area, which we appreciated.
The staff was friendly enough. Spoke English well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ALINE M, Manager at Hotel Rocroy, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you took to give your good opinion about our hotel.
Sorry for the fire alarm, it seems that we had a smoker that time who thought it would be possible anyway !
Hoping to have the pleasure to welcoming you again,
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My sister and I enjoyed a great stay at this quiet hotel near Gare du Nord. The staff was very friendly and helpful and spoke good English. The rooms were clean and of a good size, especially for this price range and in Paris. Breakfast was very good as well, we were offered a wide variety of foods to choose from and everything looked and tasted fresh. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone thinking of coming to Paris and I hope to return one day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ALINE M, Manager at Hotel Rocroy, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your good reviews.
It seems that you liked all and we are very happy to learn that.
Hoping to welcoming you and your friends again,
Very kind regards.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I traveled by train and the hotel is centrally located between both train stations. The metro is 3 blocks away were you can travel to all the sites. We purchase a metro pass that covered 3 zones, busses, subway and trains.

The rooms were clean, larger than we expected. Love being able to open the large windows. The staff was very friendly. The is a laundry 2 blocks away. (Need to wash because we had been traveling starting 7-14-14 and it was the 26th now)

Short wak to cafe's and grocery stores.

First time to Paris.
O and I

• Stayed July 2014
ALINE M, Manager at Hotel Rocroy, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Iris and Oscar,

Thank you for your kind review. It's true that we are very closed to 2 main train stations and from 2 metro stations that allow our guests to go everywhere very easily and quickly.

All our staff (chambermaids, receptionnists...) always try to do their best to make your stay pleasant and they are happy when they read that they succeeded.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Aline MYOTTE / Manager
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed for a long weekend at the end of June. I arrived early and wasn't expecting to be able to check in but I was told they could have my room ready in 30 minutes, so I left my luggage in their store room and grabbed a coffee at a local cafe before coming back to freshen up.

Reception was always staffed and they were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, quiet despite overlooking the road (it's only a side-street, so not very busy and the windows are very well soundproofed) and nicely decorated in a 'boutique' style.

The room safe was big enough for my large 17" laptop. The TV has accessible HDMI ports so, if you don't want to watch French TV, bring a media player and your favourite 'box set' on a USB stick!

The air conditioning was amazing! The room was freezing when I arrived which was just what I needed to cool me down and wake me up after a very early flight from the UK! There's a controller in the room, so you can set it to whatever temperature you like and it stays on all day (no requirement to put a key-card in a slot), so it's a comfortable temperature when you get in.

The location is great for Le Gare du Nord and Montmartre, with a 5-10 minute walk to several metro lines. The area around Le Gare du Nord was swamped with hawkers and scam artists, so not a particularly pleasant welcome to Paris but they don't travel as far as the hotel.

The large "double bed" turned out to be two singles zipped together, so wasn't comfortable to sleep in the middle (on the zip). As other people have noted, the lift (elevator) is small and would be a tight fit for 2 people with luggage... but so what? It's better than taking the stairs and there was never a long wait for it to arrive!

I thought the breakfast was expensive, although on a par with other Paris hotels I looked at. Other reviewers seem to expect a 'full English', American or even Indian breakfast! This is Paris - you get a 'continental' breakfast which mostly consists of pastries, bread and cold meats. If you don't like that, eat in one of the many local cafes instead. There's even a McDonalds near Le Gare du Nord, for people who won't try 'local' food!

The bathroom was modern, bright and clean but the shower tray filled up with water because it didn't drain away fast enough. Although my room was a decent size, I was unable to get the chair between the bed and the small desk, so it's impossible to work at the desk.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay, thought the price was reasonable and would recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor, overlooking the street. The view wasn't amazing but the big Frenc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kevin H
ALINE M, Manager at Hotel Rocroy, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Kevin,

I want to thank you for the time you took for posting such a long and very nice review.
What else to say ! We are all very happy that your stay with us was very pleasant and we hope to see you and your friends again very soon.

Aline MYOTTE / Manager