“Too grim for my liking” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Eugene en Ville

Hotel Eugene en Ville
Ranked #361 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Gederah, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Too grim for my liking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I want to start with the good points. The location is fantastic-centre of the city, less than a minute's walk from 2 metro stations, 10 minute walk to Gallery Laffayett and surrounded by restsurants and cafes.
The staff were lovely - professional and polite, pleasant and helpful.
The room i didnt like. Although brand new, clearly the room is designed for a single businessman in town for a night or two. For us as a couple, the room was very small, hard to get around without bumping into eachother. The closet was so small I had to pile 5 days-worth of clothes onto one very small, narrow shelf; the only shelf. There was no room to store the suitcase or place shoes.
The bathroom had no door and the shower door was clear, see-through glass. Personally, i like complete privacy when I shower. And there was no where to place the soap but on the floor !!
The bed was fantastic - very comfortable matress and luxurious linen.
The decor was morbid. All black: the walls, curtains and carpet. My husband loved it...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maya L
Miguel P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hi Maya,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our central location, as well as our frindly and attentive staff.
As for the decor, it is unfortunately extremely hard to pleae everyone, and as you just mentioned, your husband loved it. While we were developping the hotel, we wanted to create a dimmed down and more intimate ambiance, combined with the open bathrooms that give a little voyeur touch to it.
However, knowing that our guests have different needs and expectations, we do have rooms that are painted in a lighter beige and where the bathroom is seperated of the bedroom.
Next time you chose to stay with us, please specify that you would rather stay in one of those roms: you will still have the same amenities, same bed and same linens you loved so much.
I look forward to welcoming you soon at Eugène en Ville and, again, thank you so much for your review.

Best,
- Miguel Plantier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was looking for accommodation near the shopping belt for my wife and we chanced on this new hotel. We previously stayed at another hotel further down Rue Lafayette. It was literally new, no reviews on Tripadvisor, and we decided to take the risk. Even the cab driver was a little lost with the address, but it wasn't too hard since it was our 2nd trip to the area.
Checking in, I think you could even smell the "new-ness" of the area and my wife was apprehensive. The reception was warm and we were pleasantly surprised and impressed with the décor. We took the superior double room and it was spacious with good amenities.
The small oyster bar restaurant is excellent, the window view while not streetview, offered a cosy little corner to enjoy your day.
We stayed 4 nights and the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Its a great boutique hotel, love the all-black interior and rain-shower!
Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Miguel P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Simon,

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is most important to us here at Eugène en Ville. I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating to you and your wife, and that you enjoyed our signature décor and amenities.

Along with the whole Eugène en Ville team, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,
- Miguel Plantier
assistant general manager
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room, the breakfast, the staff, the location, the décor, the hospitality …all was great;
My wife and I adored this Hotel, very close to everything, yet, very calm,
I was in Business trip, my wife in vacation; it was very easy for us to go for business meetings and for shopping, and even walking there was nice;
I believe that I will stay at this nice hotel in my next trip to Paris, especially if they keep on the same quality and the same prices

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Msoso, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Walid

Your comments are very important for us, and we are very happy to notice that you enjoyed your stay @ the hotel for both segments; business & pleasure...
For your next trip to Paris, you are the most welcome, please don't hesitate to contact us.

The Eugène En Ville team.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I spent 7 nights at this hotel, it was very nice, very calm hotel, the staff was very nice and helpful, this is very clean hotel, breakfast is great, Le bar a huitres superbe, the location is near everything you want, especially metro and bus;
in brief this is an EXCELENT Hotel

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chadia H.

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Eugène En Ville. Glad to hear that you loved our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the near future @Eugène En Ville.

The Eugène En Ville team.
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you like the Hotel du Vin brand in England then you'll love this hotel! It's quiet, calming and has a young personality that belies the decor which is baroque with a sharp modern twist. The mixed continental breakfast was perfect, hot, fresh and delivered exactly on time. The hotel team were all polite and enthusiastic and genuinely I couldn't have asked for more.

I was met on checkout by the chef d'hotel (Director) Jean Jacques who greeted me by name which was a first, so as it transpires was I, the first resident. I'd like to publicly thank Jean Jacques and his entire team for what was the best service I've in a Parisienne hotel. You have the right ingredients and I wish you every success and thanks you all again for turning what was looking like a disaster into a fantastic stay in Paris.

SG

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gmansathome
Msoso, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear gmansathome

We appreciate your kind remarks on our services and we hope to welcome you soon again.

The Eugene en Ville Hotel team