“Great hotel!”

Ranked #372 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I work in Paris a lot and have to say this is the best hotel we have chosen! Usually you get an old, run down and dirty room in a poor location but not here! The hotel is very clean, well looked after and in a good location. Stayed here for 3 nights and it was great. Bed comfortable, shower hot and powerful and polite staff. The room design may not be everyone cup of tea but I liked it. Remember you are in the center of Paris so do expect a bit of noise if you stay at the front of the hotel but my colleague stayed at the back of the hotel and said it was quite. There are loads of shops and restaurants near by and the hotel is very near a metro. I do hope they keep the standards as high as they are as I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: If are a light sleep may be wise to ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark W
virginie_baroukh, Directeur général at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Mark W
Thank you for this wonderful comment, it’s a pleasure for us to read you, and all these compliments. It is very important for us to propose to business men and women a maximum comfort (clean and quiet,…) and services appropriates (working place, quick check-out,…)
We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful time during your last stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

A new hotel in a dark design mood. The room we got was clean, but too small for two people. Breakfast was good. The staff was ok, except for the inaccurate directions got on the phone. Hotel location is close to Opera, Galeries La Fayette and Printemps.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peik80
Dear Peik80

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel , there are different size of room with different categories and diferent prices. ( standard, superior, deluxe) We invite you to ask the reception for a bigger room for your next coming, it will be a pleasure for us to satisfy you. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the directions , we hope you enjoyed your stay despite this. Be sure that we have already taken into account the issue in order to not reproduce the same mistake in the future.We will be happy to welcome you for your next trip.
Tongeren, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Nice hotel, very friendly, clean, ... overall awesome !!!
I would recommend this to everyone.

Maybe one point to improve, the room-service wasn't/isn't always available but there are enough shops/restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Dirk M
Dear Dirk M
Thank you for this very nice review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit.
Indeed, our room-service is available from 7am to 11.30pm (until 10 pm Sunday and Monday), however your coment is important for us and help us to improve our services. We would be happy to satisfy you for your next coming.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was very happy with my stay at Eugene - extremely friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful, well-appointed room with a very comfortable bed. An added plus was the total absence of noise at night, neither from the corridor nor from the outside, which really isn't what you would expect from a central Paris location. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
virginie_baroukh, Directeur général at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Constanze H,

Thank you for this lovely comment, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and particulary delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We’re looking forward to a return visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels in this area of Paris and each time I have found the rooms were too small (within this price range). Finding myself doing incredible acrobatic moves over my luggage to get to the other side of the room. In this hotel, there is no need for that.
This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel and this time I opted for a smaller room and still found it larger than the other hotels in the area.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are always clean and tidy. The sound proofing is effective, as it should be. Now, I don't have to hear my neighbour's loud TV or the flushing of their toilet! The beds are comfortable, firm and supportive, great for my bad back!
The design is quirky and on the dark side, making it a unique experience. Efficient free WiFi is available.
The only drawback for me on this particular stay is that my room came with a bath tub and not the large shower cubical (with a lovely rain shower) I had on my previous two stays.

Points to improve on:
Only the one - Some of the rooms have very small wardrobes with only two hangers. Please make the wardrobes bigger and provide more hangers

Overall:
I have had a great experience on each stay at this hotel and have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy C
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for writing this very nice comment. These precisions help us to improve ourselves and make of your stay a good expérience. We are very happy to notice that you enjoyed your visit in our hôtel Eugène en Ville and that you came back three times. We wish to welcome you back soon, and we invite you to ask the reception for a room with bigger wardrobes and rain shower. Indeed, the hotel has diferent size of room and category. It would be a pleasure for us to satisfy you.

Best regards and see you soon
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked Eugene on booking.com.
Staff was always smiling and room was cute.
The hotel is not far from many subway stations and I could walk to almost all my meetings.
The only bad experience I had was with the Checkout, where I had planned to pay by check. I was very impolitely asked to pay by credit card, telling me it was hotel's rule.
The way it was done wasn't pleasant at all. I stated firmly my wish to pay by check and after some time it was accepted.
Moral: Only stay there if you pay by credit card.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Alexandre,

Thank you for your comment and your time, we regret the inconvenience with your check out.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the qualities of our hotel and our staff despite of it. We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you another time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Made the trip a perfect experience. The choice of the hotel made it more special for my partner and it really set the scene for the overall holiday. Staff were great at suggesting places to eat and see (local) as we got to experience another side of Paris we never seen before. Big thank you to all the staff whilst we were there.

Oli & Sunny x

Room Tip: Great for those who want to be central and happy to walk and explore parts of paris they may never s...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Oli V
Dear Oli V
Our team is grateful for your very nice comment. We enjoyed to make of your trip a perfect experience . All the staff and Virgine Baroukh, the general manager will be delighted to welcome you another time, and make you discover other surprising places in paris. As our free cruise ticket in july and august.