“Great Hotel”

Hotel Eugene en Ville
Ranked #326 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my second visit to Eugene en Ville, and both times I have had a wonderful room. The decor is dark, but has been deliberately done in a modern/new kind of way. Rooms are small, but clean with lovely bathrooms. Is very easy to be put off by the lack of formal reception desk (when I first arrived it had a slight B&B feel), However the staff are all friendly and happy to help. Would recommend the rooms for couples or business trips.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris H
virginie_baroukh, Directeur général at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Chris H,
Thank you for your coment and for your loyalty to our hotel.
It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your review with my team, it will be a great reward.
We are ready to welcoming you a third time, and even more.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Eugène en Ville. Very impressed. Very clean, modern (dark moody design) hotel situated between Opera/LaFayette and Gard de Nord (Eurostar). Rooms are small (common for Paris) but high spec makes this not an issue (except if you have many suitcases). Best for short stay (2-3 nights). Staff extremely professional and buffet breakfast surprisingly worth eating (rather than go to a cafe). Room 306 worth requesting (secret tip).

Room Tip: Room 306 double room with terrace !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank COPTHALL

Dear Copthall,
Thank you for choosing our hotel Eugene en ville and for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, indeed, it is one of our greatest room with private terrace. Also, It will be a real pleasure to share your impressions with my team about its professional qualities.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I work in Paris a lot and have to say this is the best hotel we have chosen! Usually you get an old, run down and dirty room in a poor location but not here! The hotel is very clean, well looked after and in a good location. Stayed here for 3 nights and it was great. Bed comfortable, shower hot and powerful and polite staff. The room design may not be everyone cup of tea but I liked it. Remember you are in the center of Paris so do expect a bit of noise if you stay at the front of the hotel but my colleague stayed at the back of the hotel and said it was quite. There are loads of shops and restaurants near by and the hotel is very near a metro. I do hope they keep the standards as high as they are as I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: If are a light sleep may be wise to ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark W

Dear Mark W
Thank you for this wonderful comment, it’s a pleasure for us to read you, and all these compliments. It is very important for us to propose to business men and women a maximum comfort (clean and quiet,…) and services appropriates (working place, quick check-out,…)
We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful time during your last stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

A new hotel in a dark design mood. The room we got was clean, but too small for two people. Breakfast was good. The staff was ok, except for the inaccurate directions got on the phone. Hotel location is close to Opera, Galeries La Fayette and Printemps.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peik80

Dear Peik80

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel , there are different size of room with different categories and diferent prices. ( standard, superior, deluxe) We invite you to ask the reception for a bigger room for your next coming, it will be a pleasure for us to satisfy you. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the directions , we hope you enjoyed your stay despite this. Be sure that we have already taken into account the issue in order to not reproduce the same mistake in the future.We will be happy to welcome you for your next trip.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Nice hotel, very friendly, clean, ... overall awesome !!!
I would recommend this to everyone.

Maybe one point to improve, the room-service wasn't/isn't always available but there are enough shops/restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dirk M

Dear Dirk M
Thank you for this very nice review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit.
Indeed, our room-service is available from 7am to 11.30pm (until 10 pm Sunday and Monday), however your coment is important for us and help us to improve our services. We would be happy to satisfy you for your next coming.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was very happy with my stay at Eugene - extremely friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful, well-appointed room with a very comfortable bed. An added plus was the total absence of noise at night, neither from the corridor nor from the outside, which really isn't what you would expect from a central Paris location. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
virginie_baroukh, Directeur général at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Constanze H,

Thank you for this lovely comment, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and particulary delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We’re looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels in this area of Paris and each time I have found the rooms were too small (within this price range). Finding myself doing incredible acrobatic moves over my luggage to get to the other side of the room. In this hotel, there is no need for that.
This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel and this time I opted for a smaller room and still found it larger than the other hotels in the area.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are always clean and tidy. The sound proofing is effective, as it should be. Now, I don't have to hear my neighbour's loud TV or the flushing of their toilet! The beds are comfortable, firm and supportive, great for my bad back!
The design is quirky and on the dark side, making it a unique experience. Efficient free WiFi is available.
The only drawback for me on this particular stay is that my room came with a bath tub and not the large shower cubical (with a lovely rain shower) I had on my previous two stays.

Points to improve on:
Only the one - Some of the rooms have very small wardrobes with only two hangers. Please make the wardrobes bigger and provide more hangers

Overall:
I have had a great experience on each stay at this hotel and have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for writing this very nice comment. These precisions help us to improve ourselves and make of your stay a good expérience. We are very happy to notice that you enjoyed your visit in our hôtel Eugène en Ville and that you came back three times. We wish to welcome you back soon, and we invite you to ask the reception for a room with bigger wardrobes and rain shower. Indeed, the hotel has diferent size of room and category. It would be a pleasure for us to satisfy you.

Best regards and see you soon