“Good But Small Room”

Hotel Eugene en Ville
Ranked #331 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here recently on a business trip. The hotel is very modern but with a whole lot of dark decor, which make it feel smaller. The size exception is the restaurant area on the first floor.

The hallways are almost a little too dark and cave-like. The room was small but very nice. I can't imagine two people walking around easily as the room is really designed only for sleeping.
The bed is two twins that can be combined. Overall it's firm and comfortable.
I highly recommend getting a room that doesn't face the street as it gets a little noisy at night, especially on the weekends. The inside rooms are much more quiet.
I've also heard that some of the rooms don't have a door to the bathroom, so you're basically showering to the room. My particular room didn't have that.
The staff was very friendly and all spoke pretty good english. Never an issue at all with any of them.
The breakfast in the morning is very good! Fresh eggs and bacon with fruit, juices, yogurt, and pastries.

My biggest "likes" - location, breakfast, bed comfort, cleanliness, and the 'cat plates' in the lobby.
I would highly recommend this hotel to business travelers and younger couples. I don't think I would travel here with my kids.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the interior, not the street. Also try to get a room with a bathroom/shower do...
2  Thank ALTraveler2000
virginie_baroukh, Directeur général at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Altraveler2000
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review with so many details inside. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our services. It’s a real pleasure for us to satisfy our guest.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is a good base for you to visit city sightseeing spots. Room is compact, clean, new and modern. The one we had was painted black inside and i would have preferred brighter lights. Then again, the mood lighting would be great for romantic couples! It is easy to miss the hotel because the signage is not prominent enough. I hope the management would install an additional signage at eye level to make it easier for us to locate.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank EngTingTing

Dear Entingting,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are really attentive about the guests reviews and we take note of each comment. Indeed, we are working on putting in place more signage for improve our visibility. Also, our hotel has different type of rooms, some brighter than some other, depends of the side and of the level (street or cour) I invite you to tell the reception about your preference for your next coming, we are working very diligently to satisfay it.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed in this little boutique hotel for four nights. Must say the first impact is very good due to its unique style. The staff is very kind and helpfull. Our room was really small but quite functional, very good wifi, good heating, good powerfull shower and a very soft and comfortable bed. As for the breakfast there is not a lot of choice ( infact i took mine out of the hotel ) but everything looked good and fresh. The hotel is well located and there are a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. Now, lets talk about the improvements that could be made to make this little hotel a real pearl: 1 the cleaning staff could make a little bit more effort when dusting or cleaning the toilet 2 the staff in charge of the breakfast could put a couple of lids on the pans with eggs and bacon! I dont like my breakfast cold and gummy 3 room service should start a little bit earlier than 7:30 4 the hotel staff should make sure that the rooms are ready for the customers when they arrive at the hotel as i personally had to wait 40 min... I would understand it if i got there in the morning or lunchtime but not at 16 in the afternoon as the checkout is at 12 they sould have plenty of time to do there job!

Room Tip: I would advice this hotel to people that intend to stay for 1/2 nights max
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina C

Dear Cristina C
Many thanks for your review about our hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give so many details inside. I’m glad you did enjoy the hotel and its staff despite some delays May I present you my most sincere apologies for these situations.
I propose you to contact me directly for your next booking in Eugene en Ville(virginie.baroukh@a-7.fr)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have at Eugene en Ville during Paris Marathon. I consider this hotel over the Paris hotel standards (for hotel belonging to same category). The staff is very courteous, all young people, always available; The breakfast is very good ad the room service. Room size is on the average of Paris, that's quite small. The hotel si located next to Rue de La Fayette,very close to both Cadet and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette subway stations, and it's not far from Gare du Nord on one side and Opera on the other side. Next to hotel you can find many bistrot and restaurant.
Should I come back to Paris in short time, I'll be there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Francescoluongo
We thank you for this lovely coment, and for taking the time of review our hotel .
It is a real pleasure to know that you did enjoy the hotel and your stay .
We would be more than happy to welcome you back .

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at the Eugene en Ville for four nights during a recent business trip to Paris. It was similar to other boutique hotels I've stayed in in Paris: chic, classic modern, and luxe. My room, though decorated nicely, was on the smaller side but it's what you would expect in Europe. My room faced an internal courtyard which was a little disappointing considering how beautiful Paris is. I think I got an upgrade which made my room a bit larger in lieu of the view, so it was fine. The location is fantastic - within 10 minute walk to Opera/LaFayette and situated near many cafes.

The front desk staff was great. I appreciated the informal vibe and they were more than helpful for any questions I had.

If you're staying there, I highly recommend the crepe place down the street - Caramel Sarrasin. Yum!

3  Thank allisonln

Dear Allisonln
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor and for your nice comments about our team and our hotel. We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my second visit to Eugene en Ville, and both times I have had a wonderful room. The decor is dark, but has been deliberately done in a modern/new kind of way. Rooms are small, but clean with lovely bathrooms. Is very easy to be put off by the lack of formal reception desk (when I first arrived it had a slight B&B feel), However the staff are all friendly and happy to help. Would recommend the rooms for couples or business trips.

1  Thank Chris H

Dear Chris H,
Thank you for your coment and for your loyalty to our hotel.
It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your review with my team, it will be a great reward.
We are ready to welcoming you a third time, and even more.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Eugène en Ville. Very impressed. Very clean, modern (dark moody design) hotel situated between Opera/LaFayette and Gard de Nord (Eurostar). Rooms are small (common for Paris) but high spec makes this not an issue (except if you have many suitcases). Best for short stay (2-3 nights). Staff extremely professional and buffet breakfast surprisingly worth eating (rather than go to a cafe). Room 306 worth requesting (secret tip).

Room Tip: Room 306 double room with terrace !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank COPTHALL

Dear Copthall,
Thank you for choosing our hotel Eugene en ville and for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, indeed, it is one of our greatest room with private terrace. Also, It will be a real pleasure to share your impressions with my team about its professional qualities.
We look forward to welcoming you back.