“Good value and who needs a gym!”
Review of Hotel Bien-Etre

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bien-Etre
Ranked #1,718 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Colorado
“Good value and who needs a gym!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for two nights in February 2013. The location is fine - short walk to plenty of restaurants and cafe, and the metro stop is literally just outside the door, which made it an ideal choice for me.

I had a single room. The guy at reception was nice enough, and advised that they did not have an elevator, and that my room was on the 7th floor. After carrying my luggage 110 steps, I entered my very small room. Separate bathroom was about as large as the bedroom. Single bed, nice windows that open up to some great views. Blackout curtains kept the room pretty dark. As this is the top floor of the building, the walls angle in slightly, making the room seem a bit smaller. There was a flat-screen television as well. Breakfast was not included, but plenty of options nearby. They did offer pretty good wi-fi.

The bad news was that I was on the 7th floor. The good news was that I was on the 7th floor. Very quiet up there, and I think I had the floor to myself.

The price was right, and for Paris, was an absolute deal. Not sure I would stay here again, but for a quick two night stay, it was perfectly fine.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
Hod Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were looking for a cheap basic hotel, so we can sleep quietly, shower with hot water, and that it would be clean and in a convienient area. That's about it. Such was hotel Bien-Être. Located meters from Jacques Bonsergent metro station and few meters more from Republique metro station, with metro lines to almost everywhere in Paris. A few blocks away is beautiful Canal Saint - Martin.

The entrance is very small, and contains the reception and a spiral staircase leading to the hotel's six floors. No elevator. Luckily, we did not get a room on the sixth floor, but only on the third floor.

The rooms were basic but clean and renewed. The room contained a bed, an open cupboard, one shelf, a stool and a plasma TV.

Our bathroom contained a toilet, shower, a sink with a small mirror and a few plastic racks. On the rack were two towels for each - one large and one very small (the size of kitchen towels). Towels, above all, gave us a sense of home rather than a hotel, as that they were not white but gray from laundry. At the sink were two small packed soap bars, and there were no shampoo or liquid soap. There was hot water in the shower.

The window at the sink was half transparent (and very clean), so in order not to be naked in front of residents of Paris under our window, we had to find original solutions.

The Hotel has free Wi-Fi.

Sometimes there is some noise from the outside, so I slept with earplugs, and it was alright.

Breakfast, according to hotels.com where we booked the hotel, was supposed to be included but wasn't. At the cafe of the hotel you could get a classic Parisian breakfast at 7 euros, or other dishes. The menu is quite varied, but in the morning only pastries and drinks are available. We had one breakfast there. The pastries and coffee were good and we were charged 6.30 euros for two pastries and two cups of coffee. Besides that, there are many other cafes near the hotel, so you can find a good breakfast with no problem.

Hotel staff were very nice and were happy to help us with everything we needed.

We paid 400 euros for 4 nights, very reasonable price for an hotel in Paris, and good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vered S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

If you are a young, single woman, do not stay here. The surrounding streets in the area are unsafe.
The photos made this place seem much better than it is. It is well overpriced. The main entrace and front desk is like a shoebox. There is no lift. My room was up 6 small flights of stairs. My room was small and pokey. A sheet as a bed spread. The sounds from the stairwell carry too well.
I felt very unsafe in this hotel and checked out a few hours after I checked in.
The wifi works well and that was the only positive. I could find another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel was an unexpected delight. It is in a quiet neighborhood of Paris yet still within walking distance of the heart of the city. I saw a number of the city's main attractions without ever using public transportation. The hotel is also conveniently a fifteen minute walk from the Gare du Nord and the Gare de L'est.
The Bien Etre is the definition of simple elegance. There is no extravagant decor, nothing over the top, but the rooms have an immediate welcoming, pleasing look. I stayed on the fourth floor, and my room had two adjacent balconies, one from the bedroom and one from the bathroom, each overlooking a truly beautiful view of the Paris skyline. There is no elevator but in the context of the hotel it is more of a quaint feature than an issue.
The staff were incredibly sweet and possibly the highlight of my stay. One night, my girlfriend and I returned late to the hotel without dinner and while the restaurant attached to the hotel had already closed, the host offered us some of the dinner he'd been having with a quiet warmth that took us both by surprise. It was a spontaneous moment that highlighted the qualities of the hotel more than anything else I could say.
If you are looking for a wonderful hotel without an exorbitant price, this may be the perfect place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple