Hotel Cluny Sorbonne
US$411
US$146
US$126
Official Site
Grand Hotel Francais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$444
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsluxembourg gardenslatin quarternotre damerooms are smallgreat locationwithin walking distanceluxembourg stationrer stopcafes and restaurantsminute walkby european standardsfifth floorwould recommend this hotel to anyonecharles de gaulle airportmain attractionscentral parislift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

You couldn´t find a hotel in a better position! The staff was very helpful in all matters. The best you can get for this price I think. I would recommend this to everyone who wants a nice price-worthy hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just checked in and am pretty dissatisfied with this place, I don't understand all the positive reviews from here which is why I booked a room. It's shabby, my room is on the top floor and at both windows all of the wallpaper is peeling off like there is a leak. Even though it's "one of the bigger rooms" it's small and very outdated.

After checking in and calling the front desk for their internet password I was informed that the internet barely works on the top floor as the signal does not reach that far. To bad I booked here for the area and the free internet access to be able to get some work done at the end of my vacation before flying home in a couple of days. The front desk was very apologetic about it and promised that I would be switched to a first floor room tomorrow afternoon so we'll see how that goes.

So I am sitting in their lobby where I can connect to the internet but it smells as the manager or whoever is cooking fish stinking up the whole area, the gentleman at the front desk is listening to dance music at a low volume however still distracting, a lot of people talking, etc. Not a quiet pleasant environment to work in or a great first impression of this place. I am only booked here for two nights hopefully the rest of the experience is better.

Room Tip: Hope to not get a room past the second floor if you need access to wifi, it's unavailable you'll have to go to the lobby to connect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Theresasc13
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Right across the street from the Sorbonne and just steps to bars, restaurants, shopping and metro. Doesn't get much better than this in Paris for the price. Comfortable, clean, friendly staff. Small rooms, Super small elevator. If you get a room at the front of the building, noise from the street can be a little loud at night if you sleep with the windows open (no A/C, so might be an issue in summer). Overall though, a great hotel, and we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a three week stay at the Cluny Sorbonne in Paris. We loved this little hotel. It was a great location. The room was super clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed in the back of the hotel, and it was very quiet. Special thanks to Wesley, the multi-lingual and helpful front desk guy. Would recommend "Colombus" in the rue Soufflot for coffee in the morning, they do takeout. "Tugalik" in the rue Touiller (right around the corner) does a beautiful salad for lunch (takeout or eat in). "La Méthode"(rue Descartes) and "Les Pipos" (rue de l'École Polytechnique), both right around the corner, for good, fun and inexpensive meals.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I don't normally like to stay in this part of Paris because it can be very noisy and crowded, but we needed a place to stay for one night, close to RER B so that we could have an easy trip to the airport the next morning. The location is central, and surprisingly quiet, at least for us on the top floor. The room was small, but filled with everything we needed and charmingly decorated. Bonus! We had a view of the Eiffel Tower. We watched it light up at midnight during our last night in Paris. Perfectly romantic end to our stay in France. We also enjoyed the breakfast selection in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple