“FAIL”

Hipotel Paris Voltaire
Ranked #1,685 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Its midnight. The light doesn't work in the room; when asked to help with it the staff member said that he has 36 rooms that are all unhappy and that he cant deal with everyone. There is no key from the door either. You have to pay for the wi-fi. Fail.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aleksandra K

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was a nightmare. I had been at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was under renovation. It was pretty bad, but they told me that it would be completed soon and everything would be great. I needed to be in that area again this area, and for some stupid reason I booked the hotel again, thinking the work would be done. It was even worse than two years ago. Strange wires hanging out of the walls, garbage and gravel and strange things on the floor -- well I could on and on how bad this place is. I really didn't feel safe in the hallways. At least it had large metal doors, like in a prison. The only problem is when anyone in the hotel shut their door, it shook the entire hotel. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank WorldTravelerStill
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is without doubt the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. I obviously didn't read the other comments here on Trip Advisor, only those on the booking website I used, which were ok.
I think the worst thing about the hotel was the staff running it, so incredibly rude and unhelpful! you have to ask yourself why, why be in the "people" business if you're going to be so rude.
During my stay the hotel was undergoing renovations, which reading the comments below, were probably well overdue. But I have to ask myself, do they really have to give me a room on the floor where they are currently working?? I had advised a late arrival, and duly arrived at 1.30 am only to be woken up by workmen at 7.30am! Just unnecessary and something you would have thought could have been avoided.
The size of the room was ok. The bathroom ok, but the shower lethal. Every time I turned round I had to be careful not to touch the tap accidentally and switch it to very hot! I burnt myself once, that was quite enough.
The one redeeming feature of this hotel was the local. Literally 10 metres from Voltaire metro, which also makes the hotel shake, but I guess at least that is understandable.
It was also reasonably cheap so I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" really applies here! And there I was, thinking it was just a good deal! It was not worth it, even at the cheap price!
The rest of the hotel is not, and there's no way I'd go anywhere near it or recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Suansa
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel has a good location, is really close to the subway, so its easy to come and go. It's a old building, not renewed, so somethings are needing renovation. The room is ok, the bathroom small. I guess if you're looking for comfort, it's not the right choice. It's a really good price/benefit, cause Paris can be expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Run away as fast as you can , it was horrible full of bedbugs. I am coverded of big redspot, itching I am back since 6 days home and I can t sleep, I spent momey on medication and desinfection product . Never Again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alycia M
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I know that you get what you pay for, so I will not complain about the shabby décor or mismatched bedding, the small room, or the tiny, old bathroom in which the toilet would never stop running. But I will complain that the management refused to talk to me about the bedbug situation in room 422, even after having discussed my problem with the front desk (showing them both the bugs I collected and the bites I had received), calling them after I did not hear back from the manager, and after emailing the manager with photos (which I did at their request). The front desk only had to say that it was not their problem, other guests brought the bugs with them. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank allison78
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had the most terrible experience about hotels.
Room: Horrible, small and don't smell good, the sound of the street is really annoying and very strong.
Breakfast: Without words to express my feelings.
When I arrive they said that my reservation was cancelled and didn't send any e-mail or fone call. I had to pay 50 Euros more because of that. And they gave me the most horrible room I ever saw in my life.
The ONLY thing good is the near metro station and supermarket.

Room Tip: Don't pick any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family