“Very warm room!!”

Hotel de la Felicite
Ranked #1,467 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

The room was very very warm, clean, nice, we really liked it, the only thing was that we could hear noises from the other rooms, we stayed there for 5 days, the train station is just at 10 min walking. They are friendly, and it's open 24 hours at day. Marle&Owe

Reviewed 14 November 2012

One of the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Checked in and they mistook my booking, I booked 3 rooms online and they only gave me 2, saying there's problem with the website. It was quite a battle before they gave me the third room.
For payment, they won't accept credit card saying their EDC is broken (at this time of life you're expecting me to carry tons of cash??!).
There were no light on in the corridor to my room in the second floor. Plus the room looks nothing like the picture. It's so damn small. We were sleeping like packed sardines, I was with 2 other friends. I asked for extra bed but there's no way I can pull it from the sofa, there were barely any space left.
And I'm not even done yet with my complaints. I asked for extra towel one morning because they only gave us 2 while there were 3 of us and they wouldn't deliver the towel to my room. I had to go downstairs to the reception counter to get it myself. What kind of service is that?
Climax. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to you in a hotel. We were carrying lots of luggage because we were shopping a lot while travelling around Europe, we had to take them all down from the room to hotel lobby in a few rounds, so I asked the receptionist to look after our things. My tour guide came to pick us up while I was upstairs, so I asked the receptionist to tell them where our things were so the guide could put all of them in the car. And guess what, the guy at the reception was extraordinarily careless later on we found out we had been carrying one extra luggage that didn't belong to our group, we didn't know to whom it belongs since there were no name tag. By that time, we were already in Amsterdam and it was impossible to return the mistaken luggage back to Paris we had to heartlessly abandon it. That day I couldn't help thinking about what happened to the owner of that luggage, I hope he had a travel insurance.
While travelling, there's off course no insurance that we'd get the good hotels but in order to avoid the bas ones, I hope this review helps.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank gheasuroyo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed for one night. Room was ok size, bathroom a bit cramped though. All very clean and bed was fairly comfy.
Had a bit of noise from people in courtyard and upstairs but not too bad.
Staff are friendly and speak good English, breakfast was useful Paris fair.
Would recommend it. Cant ask much more for a 2 star hotel.
Cant stay much about the local area as was dropped off and picked up by work colleague.

Room Tip: Away from lift is probably best, and higher the better I guess.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Well, one thing first: The rate is good for the location and regarding that this is Paris. Got a small room that was okay, but the bathroom had no shower curtain, even when sitting down the bathroom was flooded. Old worn bed, tiny TV that switched itself on at 4am in the morning.
The staff behind the reception did also serve the breakfast room. That didn't work out well. There where no bread, no plates, no cups and no coffee when I came. Had to ask for everything specific. And he gave me the impression that I was bothering him. He had to do the dishes first, before I could get my cutlery and plates. Breakfast was croissant and butter. Maybe that is very French, but I would liked to have some jam or honey with it. In short: the breakfast was too simple poorly prepared. If you want to spare money and stay at a fairly good location, this is a place you could stay. But if you are on holiday and want to relax and have a memorable stay, you should invest some more Euros for a better Hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hitsambredi
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The hotel in and of itself was good. Yes, you get a small room, but it was cheap and clean. Our bathroom was neat, and our bed linens looked sanitary. Breakfast was great, we got croissants, rolls, toast, jam, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, milk, tea, and coffee. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Moulin Rouge, the Opera, and the Grand Lafayette. It is also a five minute walk to a metro line on Line 3.
My only complaint is about the staff. We were greeted by a young guy in his 30's who offered to give us a tour of Paris, he then proceeded to obnoxiously flirt with my friend. After she brushed him off, he basically ignored us for the rest of our visit. It was rather unprofessional and awkward, so a word of advice: skip the tour.
Also they were kind of terrible at giving directions. I suggest getting a map and heading to the closest hotel nearby for proper directions.

Room Tip: I had a room on the fourth floor, and no major problems but somewhat noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Em G
Reviewed 7 December 2011

it's a good hotel with really good customer service. they do speak english as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanielH4
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This hotel was OKAY. Yes, the rooms are tiny, but thats what you get in Paris. It was in a really good location, with a really nice 10 minute walk to Wagram station. We stayed in this Hotel for 2 weeks and it grew on us. In the street there is a great little coffee shop, a chinese restaurant that we went to quite a bit. i hated the man there though, he was really bossy and insisted instead of getting a taxi to the train station (to go to london, with all our bags and suitcases) that we must just get a bus as it is cheaper. He was really aggressive and had such attitude. And the other young man (i think may be his son) is creepy and sleezy. you get what you pay for really, but not a terrible experience.

PS. THE SHOWER IS SO BAD....you actually have to SIT in it to wash your hair