“Quaint and Comfy Hotel in Paris”

Hotel de la Felicite
Ranked #1,472 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Hotel De La Felicite has the old charm of paris, nice rooms and clean bathroom. However if you are traveling with kids, this hotel may not be your best option. the bedrooms and bathrooms are not big enough and their bar/cafe do not serve food at night. if you are taking the metro, you will have to walk a few blocks. There are nice restaurants though within the vicinity.

Room Tip: Rooms just above the hotel entrance door offer a nice view of the street and provides enough natural...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2013

It was a two night stay for me. I was travelling alone. The first front desk staff kept asking me questions about myself which made me uncomfortable. Maybe it was a different culture?

I was being assigned the room on the ground floor which the same front desk staff said it was the best room. I could not tell because I have not visited other rooms. But it was definitely the noisest one.

I was being sold a 12 euro buffet breakfast. As the hotel is 15 minutes away from the Metro I thought it was a good idea so paid upfront 24 euro for the two days.

At the first breakfast, there was no eggs no hot food. There were two pieces of cold cut left so I took that and had two toasts with it. There was coffee and orange juice. I thought the small selection was because I went there at 10.30am and was too late. But there were people arriving after me and they were left with almost nothing.

At the second breakfast I arrived at 9am. The food selection was even smaller. There was only crossiant. I thought it was a busy morning. I then checked out later and another front desk staff attempted to ask me to pay 7 and 3 euro respectively for the breakfasts because they were small. I told him I paid already and I paid 24 euro so should I be getting a refund? He stopped speaking English from that point. I thought it was a small amount and did not bother to pursue the refund notion.

I asked the same front desk staff to book me a taxi to go to the train station for about 15 min later. I was told taxis arrive right away so I shouldn't book in advance. I went back to the room; came back out with my luggage 15 minutes later; and was told by the same staff it was impossible to book anything because of the snow. It has been snowing for a day and a night. So I had no choice but to walk to the Metro with my luggage. In the snow the walk took double the time in normal condition.

My conclusion is there are many choices in Paris. Just don't risk your holiday with this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dai Y
Reviewed 3 January 2013

stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and thought it was good, receptionists was friendly and informative. it took us a little while to find it, as its about 10 mins walk from rome metro station. the 31 bus stop was right around the corner so we found it easier to use the bus. the room was small but really warm, which was great in november, as it was quite cold outside,( dont know how this would be in the summer, as there is no air conditioning) and we didnt have the heating on. the room was cleaned everyday and clean towels too. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

The room was very very warm, clean, nice, we really liked it, the only thing was that we could hear noises from the other rooms, we stayed there for 5 days, the train station is just at 10 min walking. They are friendly, and it's open 24 hours at day. Marle&Owe

Reviewed 14 November 2012

One of the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Checked in and they mistook my booking, I booked 3 rooms online and they only gave me 2, saying there's problem with the website. It was quite a battle before they gave me the third room.
For payment, they won't accept credit card saying their EDC is broken (at this time of life you're expecting me to carry tons of cash??!).
There were no light on in the corridor to my room in the second floor. Plus the room looks nothing like the picture. It's so damn small. We were sleeping like packed sardines, I was with 2 other friends. I asked for extra bed but there's no way I can pull it from the sofa, there were barely any space left.
And I'm not even done yet with my complaints. I asked for extra towel one morning because they only gave us 2 while there were 3 of us and they wouldn't deliver the towel to my room. I had to go downstairs to the reception counter to get it myself. What kind of service is that?
Climax. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to you in a hotel. We were carrying lots of luggage because we were shopping a lot while travelling around Europe, we had to take them all down from the room to hotel lobby in a few rounds, so I asked the receptionist to look after our things. My tour guide came to pick us up while I was upstairs, so I asked the receptionist to tell them where our things were so the guide could put all of them in the car. And guess what, the guy at the reception was extraordinarily careless later on we found out we had been carrying one extra luggage that didn't belong to our group, we didn't know to whom it belongs since there were no name tag. By that time, we were already in Amsterdam and it was impossible to return the mistaken luggage back to Paris we had to heartlessly abandon it. That day I couldn't help thinking about what happened to the owner of that luggage, I hope he had a travel insurance.
While travelling, there's off course no insurance that we'd get the good hotels but in order to avoid the bas ones, I hope this review helps.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank gheasuroyo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed for one night. Room was ok size, bathroom a bit cramped though. All very clean and bed was fairly comfy.
Had a bit of noise from people in courtyard and upstairs but not too bad.
Staff are friendly and speak good English, breakfast was useful Paris fair.
Would recommend it. Cant ask much more for a 2 star hotel.
Cant stay much about the local area as was dropped off and picked up by work colleague.

Room Tip: Away from lift is probably best, and higher the better I guess.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Well, one thing first: The rate is good for the location and regarding that this is Paris. Got a small room that was okay, but the bathroom had no shower curtain, even when sitting down the bathroom was flooded. Old worn bed, tiny TV that switched itself on at 4am in the morning.
The staff behind the reception did also serve the breakfast room. That didn't work out well. There where no bread, no plates, no cups and no coffee when I came. Had to ask for everything specific. And he gave me the impression that I was bothering him. He had to do the dishes first, before I could get my cutlery and plates. Breakfast was croissant and butter. Maybe that is very French, but I would liked to have some jam or honey with it. In short: the breakfast was too simple poorly prepared. If you want to spare money and stay at a fairly good location, this is a place you could stay. But if you are on holiday and want to relax and have a memorable stay, you should invest some more Euros for a better Hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business