“Oh Honey here I come!!!!”
Review of La Maison du Miel

La Maison du Miel
Ranked #76 of 658 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Our boutique LA MAISON DU MIEL was founded in 1898 by Charles Galland, so as to be able to sell honey from the different regions of France in Paris.In 1905, it moved to its present location rue Vignon.It's the oldest honey shop in Paris.It's now more than a hundred years old. The shop is charming and the shop windows are listed and are decorated in the original early 1900' stlyle.The interior is welcoming and decorated with taste. You will see the original bee mosaic and tiles as you enter.There is a selection of more than forty different types of hony.
Montreal, Canada
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Oh Honey here I come!!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It has been a tradition for me to stop by at this quaint honey store. It is not far from Madeleine Church. I absolutely love the collection of honey from different parts of the world. And you can even ask politely if you can taste them (allowed 3 flavors to tastes max). They offer variety of honey base products and it is very affordable. I bought a gift box of 5 x 125g of assorted honeys for 21 euros, it is worth stopping by at this place if you want to buy souvenirs to bring back home.

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Ngel_n_Disguise

Fleming Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Honey AND Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I know it has been many years since I have been to La Maison du Miel, but I want to share my experience.

In September 2005, I went to Paris to see the beautiful city, but also to find some honey a friend brought back from France a year earlier. I marked this store on my map and off I went to find the best Wild Flower Honey I had ever tasted.

When I arrived to the store, I was greated with a smile and a willingness to help. I asked for Wild Flower Honey and the store worker, who did not speak English, was not sure what I needed. At the same time, she reached for her translation book and I got my electronic translator. we both found the translation and spoke it at the same time. It was nice to share a moment and laughter with a complete stranger from across the world.

So, I ended up buying four jars of "Fleur Sauvage" Honey. It is the best honey ever!!

Now I have to figure out how to buy this online!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank bjenrette
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cute little boutique”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I visited La Maison du Miel during Easter weekend 2014. There is a variety of honey from the regions of France. It is also a great place to buy honey in plastic containers which is perfect for packing to bring home.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank RachaelI892
Sarasota, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Paris Attractions”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I visited La Maison du Miel at the recommendation of a friend who loves honey! There is a variety of honey - some of which I was not familiar with - but you are permitted to sample. It is a great place to buy honey in plastic containers which is perfect for packing to bring home.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JNoah
Hamilton, ON
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A sweet encounter”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Although it has been some time since I was in Paris, when I go this boutique is a must see. . . which eventually turns into a must buy! There is a wide selection of different flavours of honey, which the vendors will let you sample. This is a great place to get the perfect 'small gift' for friends. The price point is reasonable, the products are unique and the packaging is tasteful.

Visited September 2012