“What a great find!”
Review of Hotel de Varenne

Hotel de Varenne
Ranked #123 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a small, tastefully renovated hotel in a great neighborhood. The rooms are lovely, with every amenity. An enclosed garden outside has comfortable seating for breakfast or a drink in the afternoon or evening. It's within walking distance of practically everything a tourist wants to see and, like all of Paris, near a Metro stop that will take you anywhere else. A convenient market is across the street, as is a laundry. The front desk is staffed at all times and the service is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler4life59
Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a great time with my boyfriend during our stay at Hotel de Varenne.
The front desk staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful.
Our room was large, comfortable and very cosy.
The location is superb with many restaurants and nice little shops.
We won't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ginger d
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family of two sons, my wife and myself stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The pros are that the hotel itself it's charming, clean and In a quiet part of town. The two gentlemen who work the desk at different parts of the day were accommodating and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms were large by European standards.

Cons: there was a female desk worker who was there in the morning and during the day who we found to be less friendly than to the two gentlemen. The waitress who worked the breakfast could not seem to understand any English nor did she understand my attempts to speak French and got my order wrong several times. The breakfast itself is quite limited so I was confused as why she was thrown off when I tried to order eggs.

The location is fine as there is a station nearby that get you anywhere you want to go with about a 20 minutes train ride.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ken D
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in July, 2014. My #1 requirement in hotels rooms, besides the usual cleanliness is good AC. (OK, so I'm a spoiled American.) This room had good AC and all the usual amenities. The hotel is conveniently located in the 7th Arrondisement. The closest Metro station is Invalides. We walked from here to many major attractions. We had breakfast one day, which was just the usual continental breakfast because it was a Sunday and everything was closed, including the little bakery a few steps away. Keep in mind that almost all restaurants and grocery stores are closed on Sundays in France. There is a little grocery store across the street from the hotel where we could have bought some picnic supplies had we planned in advance. There is an attractive little sitting area with a few green trees and plants outside the front door of the hotel but off the street. A few comments about accessibility. There is an elevator but it is tiny and probably could not accommodate a wheelchair. Also, the hallways are narrow. I do not consider it friendly to the mobility-challenged. Otherwise, a good choice for a Paris hotel.

Room Tip: Our room looked out at the street. It was quiet but it was a weekend in Paris. We did hear the dai...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ramblingranny
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our two night stay in a superior room at the Hotel de Varenne. Room was clean, comfortable and of reasonable size for a Paris hotel. The hotel is on a quiet street within walking distance of Paris' major sights. Staff was helpful especially in arranging for car to airport and storing our luggage after check-out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas F
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This review is based on a limited experience (one night). Our room was tiny, but it worked! We had a great night's sleep and were very comfortable. Also, we hired a babysitter through the hotel's baby sitter services. Our babysitter arrived promptly, and was professional. We were happy with our stay and would stay here again. Great location too!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review while I'm still here at the hotel. This is our second night and yesterday morning we were woken up at about 7:30am from the loud construction that's going on right next door ..the sound of drilling and jack hammering just unbelievable! I told the front desk we had to move because it was just so loud! so they moved us to the other side of the hall and same thing this morning!!!....even louder !!! The walks of this place are so thin as it is and the construction just makes it sound like it's in your room. As a hotel and courtesy to their guest I think they should of told us they had construction next door so that we could of made plans accordingly. This is our vacation and resting time ..we don't need to be listening to drills and jack hammers every time we come back to the room or be woken up by it early in the morning! Not Happy!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Shaperta10
varenne75, Propriétaire at Hotel de Varenne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guests,
I am so sorry for the bad experience you had during your stay.
The renovations in the building next to ours are nearly finished.
We did the best to give you another room less noisy but the constructions were in different places this week and this was difficult to manage.
However I would like to apologise again and tell you that I contacted the architect in charge of the construction to complain about the situation and tell him this was not acceptable to start the noise so early in the morning.
He guaranteed that they won't start next week before 9 am and that the noisy works will be finished by the end of this month.
I understand you were in Paris to have some rest during your holidays and will be happy to welcome you again in the future in much better conditions. Our hotel is usually a very quiet place and I would like you to enjoy your next stay with us if you decide to give us a second chance.
Kind regards.