“Quaint in a very central location”
Review of Hotel de Varenne

Hotel de Varenne
Ranked #140 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Very cute hotel, the courtyard is a special touch. The breakfast was nice with fresh croissants, baguetts and nice strong coffee. Room was on the small side but very clean and cozy. I was on the courtyard closest to the entrance and the street traffic at night was a bit much with the windows open, so the second night I just closed the windows and put on the ac which worked out just fine.
The staff was very knowledgable about the area - and sent me to a wonderful street market on Sunday Morning where I shopped until I couldn't cary one more thing...cheese, bath salts, bread, clothes, table linnen etc...very authentic experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2010

We spent three nights here with our 7 year old. The hotel is small and personal with the majority of rooms overlooking its own courtyard. Our room was one of the larger ones that overlooked the street which was quiet enought with the windows closed. We all loved this place - it's location, the neighbourhood, the staff, the room. Breakfast in the delightful dining room was delicious.

We got a hefty discount by booking early on the internet which resulted in a bargain price.

Staff are friendly, helpful and fluent with English. After leaving the hotel we discovered that we had left behind some clothing - when we contacted the hotel they had put it aside awaiting our return. Greta service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicolas031
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My boyfriend and I spent our first ever night in Paris in this hotel. We absolutely adored it. The first view of the hotel is through the courtyard which is a little gem right outside the front door. The loby of the hotel was small and welcoming and the staff was very friendly. The Hotel is on a queit street and our room looked out over the courtyard so it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I was very happy. The room size was what I would expect for Paris. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel, so I cant comment on the food. We did ask the conceriege for help with directions and locations and he was very helpful. I definitely recomend this hotel. Loved it.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

I was so pleased with my stay at this hotel on my first trip to Paris. This hotel has a very professional, helpful, and friendly staff. I got one of the smaller, less expensive rooms. It was small but very clean, charming, and well appointed. It looked out over a very quite courtyard and I was able to sleep with my windows open which I don’t get a chance to do very often living in Miami Beach where its too hot most of the year.

I loved having the large safe for my laptop. The location is perfect. It is on a quite street convenient to neighborhood bakeries and shops yet close to all of the famous Paris sites. I have many pleasant memories of my trip because of my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ddouglass
Reviewed 23 September 2010

we stayed here on 2 different occasions and both times were very impressed with the rooms, the staff and the over all feel of the hotel - the rooms we had,18 & 22, were both good sized rooms, and very quiet. I would certainly stay here again

Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed in the Hotel de Varenne for 3 nights and would certainly stay here on our next visit to Paris. The rooms were quite large and the court yard was a treat for a late afternoon snack and readying

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We chose this hotel because it has excellent location and received good reviews. Location was indeed good. Close to metro station and walking distance to the Concorde square, Invalides, and so on. It was quiet and we could sleep well at night. Room was not so big but that is to be expected in Paris. Considering the price of the hotel, we were surprised to find that we need to pay to use the safe in our room. As it was warm, it was good to have a small refrigerator and AC in the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank SleepyPinga
varenne75, Propriétaire at Hotel de Varenne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

Dear Guest,
I am happy you appreciated our location,the quietness of your room and the air contioning. Please let me explain you something about the use of the safe. I decided to choose a very easy system which you can operate with your credit card, this is to say you do not need to remember a code, you just slide the strip of your credit card to close the safe and the same thing to open it, but NOTHING IS CHARGED ON YOUR CREDIT CARD of course.
You can check your invoice and your credit card account, you will see that the use of the safe is totally free of charge.
You should have asked me when you checked out. I am sincerely sorry for this misunderstanding. I completely agree with you, it would be surprising and inappropriate to pay for this service.
Thank you again and kind regards.
Jean-Marc POMMIER