“Hotel de Never AGAIN! A Complete Kip!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel de Nevers Paris 11e
Ranked #1,642 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Hotel de Never AGAIN! A Complete Kip!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PHOTOS... It's an absolute kip of a place. My boyfriend booked this online and when we arrived we took one look at the room and turned around and left. The wallpaper was hanging off the mouldy walls and the carpet was filthy. I was afraid to even look at the bed sheets to see what state they were in and the bathroom plumbing was outside the walls rather than behind the walls like any normal place! A filthy spot..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sham30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Got room 18. Stank of cigarettes. Wallpaper peeling off. No light in bathroom. Even sheets stank of cigarettes. Complained and got changed to room 23. Was a far nicer room, modern painted walls and bathroom and floorboards. But this is the ONLY room in the hotel like this. Every other room, old and dodgy. Staff were friendly. Free Wi-Fi and a lift. Let's just say, get what you pay for. But I'd search around, maybe the hotel next door, looks nice.

1 Thank youngsydneycouple

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

puerto rico
Reviewed 16 November 2011

It may not be the best or the biggest there was no parking but the staff made all the other issues pale in comparison

Room Tip: stay close to the ground floors
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I don't need a toilet in the room (to save money) and I don't mind small rooms. But I do like the wall paper on the wall - not hanging down. I like my walls without graffiti and clean. And, I prefer a carpet cleaned at least every 10 years. Oh, yes, and trim around the door would have been nice vs the rough and flaking plaster. Finally do not be fooled by the web site pictures of the clean and bright lobby. It does not exist.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank PaulGK
Indianapolis IN
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I had an experience similar to that of other reviewers. E-mailed the hotel to try and reserve a room and never got any response -- not so much as acknowledgement of the message or an indication they were full. Responding tro an e-mail should be the easy part, so I sure am not going to depend on them for lodging.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Honolulu
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We were traveling Germany and Paris May 2008 with our 3 young children and doing it on a budget... can't believe the horrible exchange rate back then, and add to that Paris being expensive. This hotel was wonderful for us. Our children ages 1, 3, and 8 loved this place. We got the family room on the top floor which had its own shower and toilet and a nice view of the city outside. The only thing a little disconcerting is the narrow staircase leading up to the room on the 6th floor. The room was clean and they provided a baby bed for no extra charge. It is what one imagines a small Parisian hotel to be. The staff were very friendly to our children and the breakfast in the morning was great (extra 6 Euros per person) and a pretty good deal (we actually tried to get breakfast out at one of the cafes down the street one day and it was disappointing, just an espresso and a croissant): baguette, butter (the most wonderful butter), cafe au lait or hot chocolate, croissant. You can also get coffee throughout the day for 1 Euro. There is a laundromat just down the street and a little park not too far away. And it is very convenient to the metro and a 40 minute walk to Pere la chaise. There are numerous brasseries in the neighborhood as well. Also a market down the main drag. This place is not touristy and definitely you get to experience Paris and people will speak to you in French, so if you don't want that... then don't stay in this area. This is in the 11e arrondissement so it is quite far from the center of Paris. Nonetheless, I thought this place was great and had a wonderful time. Just don't compare it to Best Western in middle America because it isn't.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank HvKidsWillTrvl
Czech Republic
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I called the hotel up almost 3 months before my trip to book 2 rooms, but I was told by a very dismissive person that they did not take reservations so far ahead and that I should call back one month before I wanted to book. As I prefer to book my holidays well in advance, I wasnt very happy with that, so I asked if I could send them an email to reserve. The answer was yes - and don't forget you card details to secure your room. Well, I did send the email, but did NOT include my card details (luckily).

When I haven't heard from them for a few weeks and my trip was approaching, I called to see if everything was ok, but was told that I didn't have a room reserved and the hotel was fully booked.

I wrote another email to vent my anger, saying how disappointed I was that they did not communicate with me at all and I didnt have a room. No answer to this email either.

Obviously I booked the rooms in another hotel (quite a good one, by the way - Gran Hotel Nouvel Opera, should anyone need it), but listen to this: 2 days before I was due to travel, I received an email from Alain and Sophie from Hotel de Nevers, offering me ONE room (I needed two) in their new hotel at the price of 90EUR (the roms I wanted to book originally were 60EUR). I thought they were really taking the mickey.

Needless to say, we didn't sleep in the hotel and never will.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends