“This is a very nice hostel indeed!”

and 1 more site!
Perfect Hotel & Hostel
Ranked #1,011 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great location and only a couple of blocks from Anvers metro station. There are also mini-markets, restaurants and bistros close by. They serve a typical Parisian breakfast (yummy pain au chocolat!) and the staff is very nice and friendly. The rooms are well lit, with a balcony, a small sitting area and accessible Wi-fi. You have to leave the key at the desk whenever you leave the building which might be annoying to some people but it actually seems like a great security feature. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very good location, 5 min walk from Anvers station in breathtaking Monmartre. Nice room with very good bathroom facilities. Helpful staff, decent breakfast, simple but goes a long way. You have to leave the key at the desk whenever you leave the building, some may find that inconvenient, to me it was an excellent policy for safety reasons. If it wasnt because our other hostel experience in Paris was perfect in every way, i would have grade this place "excellent".

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for one night with my friend in April. It is situated close to a metro station (which is great because I still do not know how to pack light), the Gallaries Lafayette, Moulin Rogue and the Sacre Coeur. So the Location was amazing, a safe neighbourhood and easily accessible.

The lady at the desk was so wonderful and friendly. She was so quick to help me find places (like a laundry place and a certain international bus station), and also happy to chat. I have never met a friendlier concierge in my life.

The room was very clean. I stayed in a shared room with my friend and 2 other girls. We each had a locker and the room was wonderful. We also had the balcony, which was totally the best thing ever.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place and will stay again next time I am in Paris. My only critique is the breakfast: I am gluten free, so the breakfast of bread was useless to me. A cereal or fruit option would have been splendid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cici_9203
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel Perfect is not located in the center of Paris, but I would recommend it for anyone who is travelling on a budget. There are metro stations nearby so you can reach any of the major attractions (Eiffel tower, Notre Dame) within max. 30 minutes. Two more attractions, Sacre Coeur and Moulin Rouge, are within walking distance of the hotel. There are also plenty of nice budget restaurants in the area, so you don't have to rely on the metro for that.

The building is quite old, but I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the modern bathroom facilities. We chose to stay in a four-bed mixed form with private bathroom, which the middle option price-wise. Private rooms are available, as well as larger dorms. Breakfast was simple (coffee, orange juice, jam, butter, a pain au chocolat, and a piece of baguette), but it was more than enough to support our explorations of Paris until lunch time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great budget hotel in a convenient location in Paris.Stayed in an en-suite double room. With such a low price i didn't expect much, but it was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Staff and food great too! Simple breakfast but it gets you going for the day. Also worth noting there is a communal kitchen for food prep for other meals too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Faye H
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hostel was not bad if you're looking for something affordable. It seemed pretty clean and organized. No curfew which was important to me. I liked the location- really close to Montmartre neighborhood, and just a 5 minute walk from Anvers metro station. Simple breakfast included- a baguette with jam and butter, a chocolate croissant (definitely out of a package), a small glass of orange juice, and a cup of coffee or tea. One bathroom to share for the whole floor, which seemed like it might be a problem, but ended up not being one for me at least. The staff was mostly friendly and helpful. The only problem I had was: I got to the room first and noticed no one else had been there yet and that I was assigned a top bunk and I really prefer bottom bunks so I quickly went back to the front desk to ask if I could switch to a bottom bunk. I was told they had all been reserved. No problem. So the next morning the girl below me woke up and complained about how much she hated the bottom bunk and wished she had had a top bunk. So the receptionist had lied to me so she didn't have to do extra work so switch it. I was staying 2 more nights so I went back again to ask if I could now have a bottom bunk since there was one open in my room and they lady working at the desk acted like it was the most awful request and that it was such a huge hassle for her to let me switch beds. She was super unfriendly about it. But then after it was done she was nice again, so no big problems- just make sure you request a top or bottom bunk ahead of time if you have a preference!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HopeAutumn
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here as a couple on two separate occasions. First we stayed for a night in a 4-bed mixed dorm with no ensuite, and the second time we stayed was in a 4-bed mixed dorm with ensuite for 3 nights. It is really worth to pay more for the convenience of an ensuite because for rooms without, there are only 2 shower cubicles per floor and 8 rooms of guests on that floor are sharing it.

Rooms are clean (i.e. cleaned everyday and beds will be made) and equipped with bath towels, small bar soaps and 2 hangers. There are lockers in each room and a padlock is provided along with your electronic keycard upon check-in. The room has enough space for everyone to move around and there is a small table with two stools. There is a small balcony as well, which had the 'feel' of old Parisian flats. However, the walls of the rooms are quite thin, so pray for nice neighbours who don't speak too loudly or make a racket at night. Guests here are generally in their 20s and above, though at times we saw families with kids.

Breakfast was simple. There is no need to wake up early since it is not a buffet and everyone gets served the same thing. Only thing is that you need to secure a table, which was no problem at all during our stay. The breakfast consists of pain au chocolat, half a baguette, butter and apricot jam, a small glass of orange juice and tea or coffee.

Location is good. The hostel is situated in central Montmartre. The nearest metro, Anvers, is a 5 minutes walk away. You can even walk to Gare du Nord in 10 minutes. We walked to the main attractions everyday and it only took us 15-30 minutes. Galaries Lafayette is just 15 minutes away. The neighbourhood is not particularly well lit at night (after 10pm) though.

There is free wifi, and it is quick too. Reception is 24h. However I felt that the staff here are not very friendly nor helpful and just want to get their jobs done so they can be quite inflexible with certain procedures and not very cheerful. Also, the luggage room does not seem to be manned by anyone so we felt it can be quite unsafe if you want to check out early and leave your bagpacks there (perhaps a locked luggage is ok).

1  Thank cxsmic