“Good value for this cheap price”
Review of Hotel de Dieppe

Hotel de Dieppe
Ranked #1,627 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul
“Good value for this cheap price”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've chosen this hotel for it's good location and cheap price and stayed for 2 nights. I can say "friendly staff, good location, clean enough room, clean towels every day". Have your breakfast out like we did. As a matter of fact don't expect a lot from French breakfast. It's just croissant, bread, butter, jam and coffee/tea :)
If you are a traveller who is going out and touring the city everyday and use the hotel just for a sleep and shower, then you can choose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sensibelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Here
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have stayed in a number of budget hotels in Paris and although by no means the worst it was a little below the standard of the others. The plus points are that it was cheap, it provided breakfast and it is close to St Lazare Metro and Railway station. The Hotel is situated in a busy side street just off Place Du Havre and is handy for the Opera, Madelaine and shopping on Boulevard Haussmann. The staff were eventually friendly, but on our arrival we were not told about breakfast times or the location of the breakfast room. The room itself was newly decorated and clean, but lacked any Hotel Information or extra bedding. The TV had no English speaking channels, which seems to be a growing trend in budget hotels. (When we first started visiting Paris on a regular basis about six years ago most TV's in budget hotels had CNN or BBC as standard, but this seems to be a thing of the past, perhaps the cost has gone up?) The bathroom was a bit of a let down, although clean, the shower curtain and one of the hand towels had seen better days, the shower head was in need of a clean and as the wall mount was loose the shower had to be hand held, However, the water pressure was good! The breakfast room was compact but well decorated. whilst breakfast was not the usual buffet but set at one roll and one croissant per person, although you could have as much coffee and jam as you wanted! Overall it was very average and I would have to say that I probably won't be back, however if you are on a strict budget it is better than a hostel and could be for you.

Room Tip: Don't go for room 14 as it is located off the Breakfast Room!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MarcusDante
Southampton
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I don't want to run this place down as I had a satisfactory experience here but it is a very basic 2 star in a rather mixed area and some quirky ideas in the layout and the operation.
My room was on the first floor as is the breakfast area. The door to my room was directly off the breakfast room and I could have taken one step from my room to the closest breakfast table, consequently there is some noise from about 7am right outside the room. The breakfast itself is laid out for you on trays and consists of tea or coffee, Orange juice, Croissant and a very small bread roll with butter and Jam.
Inside the room it was 2 star OK. Single beds, bathroom worked OK, no air-con and it was very hot when I stayed.
All the staff I met were friendly and helpful but they are very keen on front door security and will not let you take your room key out of the hotel. Twice in the first 24 hours I was there I found myself locked out with a 'back in 3 mins' sign stuck on the front door.
I'm a bit surprised by how many other reviewers rate this a great location. I found it a bit mixed. There is a square just up the street which is a homeless hangout especially at night, a lot of very cheap restaurants and kebab places nearby and several of the local shops and bars don't open, or close early, at the weekend. The hotel is across the street from Gare St Lazare where the Metro is a bit of a labarinyth. I have stayed in hotels at similar prices just up the road closer to either Rome, Clichy or Blanche stations that are nicer areas to stay in my opinion. Probably would not use this place again as I prefer the hotels closer to Clichy or Pigalle.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor as you will be woken as soon as breakfast starts
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank RacingAl
Nis, Serbia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Perfect location. Good metro connections from Gare St. Lazar. Close to Opera. Small but clean room. I did not take breakfast in the hotel, there are several places to eat near the hotel. At the moment when I stayed there, there was no Internet in the hotel. Frendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
HoteldeDieppe, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de Dieppe, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thanks for having taken the time to share your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
We are happy to know that you have appreciated your stay in our hotel thanks to the friendly staff and clean rooms, and that you enjoyed Paris thanks to our localization.
We have the free wifi in our hotel since 2011. You could use it maybe during your next stay.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again during your next trip in Paris.
izola
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We have traveled in Paris in August for 5 days and we find this hotel for a very good price we paid for 5 nights 100 euro. The hotel is situated in a very good location just near the principal metro, train and rer station and 10-15 minut walk to the main attractions.

The room is very simple but nice. they cleaned it everyday and also change towels. we also had a breakfast which is nothing special you recive one crossiant, one bred and some jams with butter, cacao,coffie, tea and juice. but you still won't be hungry for a while.

Also the staff was very nice, funny and helpful and they speek good english.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank klara B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to communicate your opinion about your stay in our hotel. We do our best to provide comfortable and clean rooms, with a buffet breakfast “à la française”, a staff at your service, while offering to our customers a location in the center of Paris - near the Galeries Lafayette and train/metro stations – with prices affordable to everyone. We are really delighted you have appreciated these, and enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you soon during a next trip in Paris.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Tiny hotel but in great location. Rooms very small but cosy. Not very clean and breakfast dissapointing. Staff quite friendly, did offer us another room as we complained of the noise. Free internet.

• Stayed August 2011
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank Agasuesse
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 July 2011

First, I should say that for the cost it is an okay hotel. There is nothing really "wrong" with it, there is just a few things that we really didnt appreciate. The rooms are quite small, although that is fairly common for Europe but we had a hard time not bumping into things, stubbing toes or even taking a shower because of how cramped the bathroom is. If you are an early riser and plan to be out of your room by 9am, you should not have a problem with the cleaning service BUT if you plan to enjoy a relaxed morning in which you sleep in a bit and take your time getting ready for your day, then be prepared to have the maids come to your door multiple times trying to clean the room. They will use their keys and attempt to enter without permission or waiting for a response after knocking and will even give you attitude if you try to say that you need a bit more time. I was told once that I am "out of time" as she tapped her watch, rolled her eyes and marched away. They also let themselves in once and began to clean the room while I was in the shower!! and it wasnt until she poked her head into the bathroom and tried to talk to me that i even knew she was there; I found that to be totally inappropriate! It was really frustrating to deal with that every single morning of our stay. Also, the continental breakfast they claim to provide consists of a crossiant and coffee/juice so if you are looking for more, then dont count on eating in the hotel. Overall, the staff is pleasant enough and the rooms are clean. There is free wifi available in the rooms but there is no AC and the street noise is so loud that it is unpleasant to have the window open. It could be worse I suppose but our experiences with the cleaning service prompted my desire to warn others about what they may have to deal with. Bon chance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family