“Run For Your Life-NIGHTMARE”
Review of Kyriad Brancion

Kyriad Brancion
Ranked #1,503 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Very nasty place, in such a nice Paris location. The place is very dirty and run down. The rooms are tiny and smelly. The carpeting discusting
The bathroom is filthy and smaller than an airplane box. In short AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS...

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 February 2008

My French is not good but it's sufficient. I called this place to get directions after I got off at the closest metro stop (which, as everyone has noted, is quite a hike) and when I asked the man at the front desk to repeat himself one time, he said he had already told me once and was very busy, and hung up the phone. Seeing as I was on a pay phone, this was a little inconvenient to say the least.

Upon my arrival, the man at the front desk was very polite, and we were able to communicate in French. As others have noted, the people who work here do not speak English. Do not, under any circumstances, stay here if you don't know some French. And even if you know some, it's probably not worth staying here.

Things went well for the next few days, until my friend, who was staying at a homestay in the center of the city, came to visit me one night and missed the metro. The man at the front desk wouldn't let her stay in my room! Now, this is not a terrible neighborhood, but it's definitely out of the way, and not a safe place for two, young women to be walking alone late at night. He didn't even offer to call a cab. She asked if she could stay in the lobby until the metro started again at 5am and he refused. He turned her out into the streets, at 2am, in a deserted, potentially unsafe neighborhood. (Fortunately, we were able to find her a cab, but only back by the metro station, which is a fifteen-minute walk through empty streets away.)

The final straw was when they lost a reservation I had made for the final night. I informed them the first night I arrived that I was going to be staying one more night, and they said they reserved my room for that night. That night comes, however, and they said they had no reservation. I had to leave and find another hotel in a pinch.

Do not stay here. Especially if you are a woman traveler or not fluent in French. There are plenty of other hostels/ hotels which are cheaper than this and far more conveniently located. You just need to book ahead. My mistake was waiting until the last minute.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank catalina83
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Overall we would have to say the accomodation service and facilities were very basic and minimal, and although we felt safe and secure it is not a place we would recommend to friends or visit again.

The accomodation is located 10 minutes from the nearest metro station 'Plaisance,' which is not clearly stated.

The room was not cleaned every day and often bath towels were not left by cleaners for our use.

We had other friends staying in other budget accommodation within the same area in Paris they seemed to get far better value for money.

We felt that charging customers 1 euro for 15 minutes of internet time, given they have just outlayed many hundred euros was a bit extorshinet.

A problem with booking online meant we couldn't book more than our 9 nights stay almost meaning we were without a bed for new years eve which was a nightmare. Trying to resolve this issue over the phone with reception speaking english proved a nightmare and pointless. As a result it was not until we arrived in the hotel lobby that we could negotiate a room for the extra night, at double the cost, even though printed in large capitals on the booking was a note stating we must stay the evening of the 31st as well. Given that we booked 6 months in advance it shouldn't have been a problem.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2007

For the very reasonable rate, it was all worth it. The reception staff was very helpful especially the young man who covered the night shift. The older woman in charge of the dining room was very stern. At the breakfast buffet, she had her eyes on everyone's move. She would look at anybody taking more than one of any kind. The bathroom is very small. I had to sit side ways when I used the toilet and I am not that big. The mattress was all foam and my back hurt so much. The lift is tiny, tiny, tiny. It's walkable to the public transpo. For the price, I would definitely recommend it for a couple of nights stay.

J and J NJ

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2006

My partner and I stayed at the Kyriad Brancion for two nights at the end of July. We were pleased with our stay until the second night when I woke up with a small black bug crawling on me. There was no doubt in my mind it was a bed bug, which are very easily carried from one place to another and very difficult to exterminate. I lifted up the sheet and saw MANY more bugs. Not only were there bed bugs, there were also silverfish in the bed and crawling on our legs. Terrified, I went to the lobby and informed the staff about the bug problem. He merely gave me a key to a different room and assured me it was not infested (which implied that he was aware that our first room was infested). Despite it being about 2:00 in the morning, we packed up our stuff and moved to the other room. In the morning, we did in fact see another bed bug. Upon check-out we informed staff that both rooms were infested. She compensated us by reimbursing us for a 5 Euro breakfast, which was in no way adequate. Do not stay at this hotel. If you are not aware of bed bugs, they pose a significant concern. For info, check out

Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank mobr
Reviewed 1 August 2006

Stayed in Paris for 1 week in July 2006. Some of the previous reviews of this hotel I feel are misleading. We found the staff to be extremely welcoming and helpful, breakfast was good value for money, the rooms and corridors were slightly dated and in need of modernisation but clean, no air conditioning but we were there at a particularly hot time of year, and fans were provided. Good maid service, bed made every day and clean towels provided. Staff are very willing to assist with anything you need, giving directions, ordering taxis etc. Eating/drinking out can be expensive at this time of year, but there is a cheap supermarket about 5 mins away, also there are a couple of nice bakeries and restaurant/cafe bars in the proximity. The convention metro line (approx 15 min) walk from the Hotel was excellent, direct links to anywhere in Paris, easy to use, I would recommend using this station to go to Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur. There is also the 62 bus from the convention which takes you very near to the hotel. All in all I would say this was a convenient, friendly, budget hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank Blondie72
Reviewed 27 June 2006

Inexpensive but not fabulously cheap. (70 euros for a double) There are hotels at this price nearer the centre. Close to the periphique in a working class "normal area" about an hours walk/20 min metro ride from central Paris. This frankly is the big problem if you want to drop off some shopping or change clothes you are going to eat badly into your holiday time.

Small hotel of a chain (so watch that you have booked the right Kyriad!). A little worn in places but fairly clean. Paper thin division walls (take earplugs!) and no air conditioning. The room was uncomfortably hot at night. No restaurant or bar - Has a small breakfast room. The lift is small (approx 18" X 36") the staircase is spiral and steep up to 5 floors. (The room was a little bit smelly - sweat, smoke and dog)

Unexpected touches e.g. good maid service, hairdrier, coffee- making tray with biscuits, internet TV ,phone. The bathrooms are small but adequate with shower. The local is slightly shabby, high rise blocks, dual carriageways, railway lines. But there is one beautiful park next door with a fabulous large Saturday book market. Plenty of modest local pubs and restaurants. Some are grotty and some are fascinating. Lots of demolition and road works going on. Some of the clients (backpacking alpha-males and noisily amorous drunks) livened the place up in the wrong way. It provides a rougher but more authentic view of Paris and it is fascinating to walk into town - one long boulevard to Montparnasse - and watch the facilities degenerate/improve from real to tourist city depending on your view.

I don't expect to stay there again mainly because of the distance.

• Stayed: June 2006