“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #586 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The MOM Hotel is a great place to stay. A great trendy boutique hotel located walking distance to the Arc De Triomphe. All of the hotel staff was great and the guys at the front desk came out to help with my luggage - I couldn't believe I was in Paris. The elevators are small, but that's expected if you know about older European Hotels. The hallways are dark and mysterious and the rooms are eclectic to say the least - The room was on the smaller side, but we knew this so it was no surprise. All in all we loved it.

1 Thank Steven P
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Steven
Thank you for your great feedback! We are happy you were thrilled with your trip and your stay in Paris. Don't forget the special offers for those that come back and reserve trough our website, or the tripadvisor online specials! We'd love to welcome you for your next trip, please do not hesitate to give us a ring.
Happy travels and kind regards from Romantic Paris!
Elsa manager@monhotel.fr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am a world traveller and seldom write negative reviews, but during our current trip, due to our bad experience with the management of this hotel, I have to put in my 2cents. I will not go into specific detail, other saying than that this manager for this hotel is rude and inflexible. She yells at her staff as well as customers and our experience in Paris has been ruined by her. She doesn't believe in helping customers. I guess customer's satisfaction is not in her vocabulary. All I can say is this is not a kid friendly hotel and good luck trying to work any thing out with this management! I wouldn't never stay in this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to any one else. By the way, this is not a typical sour grape you hear about because they refuse someone a upgrade, we actually had to go get another hotel room due to the management. Good luck if you have kids and want to stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank johnwtmb t
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
What a lovely malicious imagination!
1. We never had the pleasure to meet or exchange as I was out of the country on vacation, without phone access? Incredible to have such an experience with nonexistence!

2. NEVER in my career have I treated employees or clients or anyone with disrespect, even less upper my voice. I treat others as I'd like to be treated, with respect and as human beings no matter their age, origin, or status. We are all humans and must be treated as so. Customer service is the Whole team's priority and the other 250 happy 4&5 star comments speak of themselves.

3. You say that you don't want to go into detail, certainly because when people LIE they are evasive and out of details?

Lets get back to the facts for our just as surprised visitors and clarify shall we?:
-Mr Tsuang did not use the services of Monhotel, and stayed in another hotel! (how tripadvisor still allows to post for nonexistent stays is beyond me)

-MISS Tsuang who did, already left a lovely 1 star comment just above 'not what you think'....

-Mrs Tsuang forgot to add that she wanted to sneak in her children after check in making FIVE persons for a room for TWO. This is illegal, and contrary to French safety, Fire, and Police laws. I am willing to show anyone the paperwork proving it. Any time any day.

-The conversation she had with reception was short, cordial, and easy, kindly explaining that we cannot and WILL NOT break the law under any circumstances, and suggest to reserve a second room at a discounted rate.

-Mrs Tsuang told reception, "if you don't allow my children in my room you will be destroyed on internet", thank you for keeping your promises, at least that is respectable, but Blackmailing and hatred gets you no where.

-She treated her adolescents as 'just kids', like if they were just extra luggage to have in the room, and planning to sleep where, on the floor or in the bathtub maybe?

We go head over heals to have everyone leave with a smile. Our multicultural team is professional, courteous, and ready to help at all times. Of course we can make mistakes, of course we do everything in our power to make up for it. Again, we too are humans with feelings that deserve respect, appreciation, and merit for our hard work. It's not all one-sidedness.

Blackmailing, insults, and threats to satisfy caprices and unjustified demands will not be tolerated, sorry. There are limits in life and karma gives back ten fold.

That said, we are confident that others will have the decency to understand. And if anyone has questions before their stay and have doubts of our integrity, I can be contacted personally at manager@monhotel.fr.

my sincerest regards,

Elsa -Manager Monhotel
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

From a traditional exterior you step into a funky boutique style reception where, after an efficient check in, you take a tiny elevator....illuminated by a red light....to (quite dark) corridors which lead to comfortable bedrooms (and reasonably sized for a city, if mine was anything to go by). The decor is minimalist but functional (I was here for 9 nights on business and found it perfectly adequate...the bed was particularly comfortable). The bathroom was snug, but everything worked (although there was no toilet roll holder, which struck me as odd!). The toiletries are Fairtrade and reasonable quality and were always replaced (look and listen some large hotel chains!). The hotel is in a quiet side street, but just a few steps away from a Metro (Argentine) and just 5 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe. There are plenty of restaurants around the immediate area. The staff are polite and friendly, especially the staff in the bar, who took time to talk to the lone Englishman who popped in for a nightcap each evening, and the lady who brought me an iron and ironing board each day, always with a smile! The rate I paid was reasonable for what I got...and I cannot always say that for Paris. I will go back to the Mon Hotel next time I visit Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RobGriz
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Robgriz
Thank you for your fabulous compliments and feedback about your stay! The team is always very pleased and boosted by grateful comments as yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next stay, and greet you in person.
Happy travels and hope to see you again soon!
Elsa- manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was in quiet area but had the advantage of a metro station close by. However the decor was dark and oppressive in the common areas, particularly in the basement area and breakfast room. My big concern was the shower, situated within the bath and quite uncomfortable to use.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gill
Thank you for your compliments on the staff and good location! I am surprised by your remark on decoration, even though the question of taste belongs to each person, all of our websites and the UK promotion you reserved through have explicit pictures and we do not at all hide the "boudoir chic" side of the lobby, so you could not have been surprised with the decor. Nonetheless, you maybe have overlooked that the rooms are completely contrasted with the lobby in off-white alcantara and "light" decor in the rooms, with big sunny windows. Concerning the new rain showers, we offer an all in one showering to let our clients decide their favorite bathing method, a bubbly bath tub, a hand shower, or an overhead rain shower for their enjoyment. The access to the hammam, and Spa area are specially designed for relaxation, so no harsh lighting, but the fitness is all white with full lighting, flat screen TV, and independent air conditioning. We stay at your disposal for any further information and wish you a lovely day and kind regards from sunny Paris. Elsa - Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was a true pleasure to stay at Mon Hotel over 3 nights of hot weather. The reception and friendliness of the staff was second to none. Everything that was promised, was delivered. The room was bigger than most Paris hotels and had a gigantic bed with very crisp linen, all the usual stuff and nice bathroom. Little balcony was an added bonus and room service was good. I'd definitely go back. Mon Hotel punches well above it's weight. It is well priced and deserves all the praise it gets. Try it out if you have a few nights - the location is superb too! Romantic too!

Room Tip: go for superior as it's a tad bigger, makes all the difference
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesH417
Dear James,
Thank you for your delightful feedback and for taking the time to share your wonderful stay. We really appreciate such enthusiasm, which is why we bend over backwards each day, try new things, and try to accommodate with a smile each person's expectations. We really hope to have the pleasure to have you at the Monhotel in the near future, and the pleasure to thank you for your kindness is person.
kind regards
Elsa Manager@monhotel.fr
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I traveled to Paris to celebrate our one year anniversary (a long held dream for my wife) and both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Mon Hotel. I booked as part of a promotion being run by Travelzoo and was not disappointed. All of the advertised bonuses (buffet breakfast, Seine river cruise tickets, upgraded room at check-in) were ready to greet us, as was the friendly staff. They were helpful with everything we needed, and their English was great. The decor might not be to everyone's taste, but we liked the vibe. The room was typically sized by Paris standards, and the bed was extremely comfortable (a BIG plus after a long day spent exploring the city!) Location was excellent, especially with the Metro stop being located right around the corner. We can't wait to return to Paris and would definitely consider staying at this hotel again!

1 Thank Matt M
Dear Matt

We thank you for your kind feedback, and for sharing your enjoyable experience. We are happy to have pleased your expectations, and the team and I thank you for your koodos, we do a hard profession of service, and our real motivation is your smiles and kind words.
Happy travels and we hope to have the pleasure to greet you again for the next anniversary!
Elsa manager@monhotel.fr
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked the Mon Hotel based on reviews, and they were definitely right. The hotel is on a quiet street, two blocks from the Arc De Triomphe, on the other side of the arc from the Champs Elysees. Perfect location. Metro station is a block away, and the Eiffel Tower is only a 15 minute walk. Hotel was very clean, modern, and inviting. Decoration is very NYC "West Village", pop art, etc, and being from NYC, we loved it. I proposed to my fiancee during the trip, and the Mon helped us in every way possible. The rooms are small, but the bed is big, comfortable, and you have everything you need. I would absolutely stay there again, and recommend to friends!!!

Room Tip: We took a superior room, which though small, had everything we needed.
1 Thank DrEdwardAlvarez
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear DrEdward,
A heartwarming thank you for your glowing comments! We are very glad to have fully satisfied your needs, and wish you the best for your wedding and the years to come! Do not hesitate to give us a call for your next trip! All the best on behalf of the Monhotel team and myself,
Elsa - Manager