“Excellent price benefit hotel in Paris” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patio Brancion

Patio Brancion
Ranked #1,197 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent price benefit hotel in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The hotel staff was very friendly and the hotel is cozy and we got a very nice room. For a budget hotel this has been the best experience that I have had, especially in France. The location was very convenient and easy to access everything by metro even if it is a bit away from the center.
The breakfast is simple and somehow cheap (8e) compared with other places in the city. We took it mainly to save time before going to airport.
The surroundings are very suburbs type. Quite and not so much happening around.
The internal patio was very nice and fresh. Alas, there is not air conditioning in the room so it might be a bit too hot for summer. Now in September was good with the open window when
sleeping.
Pillows were a bit to thin, but we got extra one from reception. The mattress was very good and the bathroom simple and small (just enough) but in good shape and clean. Expect a bit of noise from the corridors, the rooms are not totally sound proof.
In a word, for a good budget hotel go for it.

Room Tip: The view to the internal patio was nice and fresh because the trees.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Edgar R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chamonix, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

My flight has been cancelled by Ryanair, nevertheless the hotel has charged me in spite of a comfortable delay ( tuesday night for thursday night). The guy on the phone has been far from kind and when I have asked him to send a receipt at my Paris adress he told me that, not only he will send it on the other adress, the one under which I booked; but he will charge also the postal fee on my credit card - hence doubled because he did nt will to simply note down where i would like to receive the sheet. Stupid and rude.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank ArlyNet

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Grantham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

I used to travel to Paris very regularly as I was working for a multinational company and my business unit was based there, in fact, in Malakoff. The hotel was very handy for work (5 mins walk) and is very close to the Metro station too. My main recollection of this hotel is the strange room decor - sort of hessian on the walls, very squishy beds, and obviously I must have just stayed in single rooms, because I swear that you could stand in the middle of the room and almost touch all the walls at once! I'm kidding, but the rooms were pretty small. I also remember the bathroom was always bloomin' cold as well.
I don't think it was particularly cheap, I think the company I worked for, used to keep it pretty much in business! I did have a beer here a couple of times with colleagues out on the patio, which was nice enough, but only in a functional way - don't be thinking it has large gardens or anything.
Breakfast was ok, again the breakfast room was quite pokey and dark, but the food was ok, and to be honest I'm quite grumpy and non-communicative in the morning so pokey and dark kind of suited me!
Not sure I'd bother staying here if I was going to Paris again, unless I particularly wanted to be nostalgic, needed to be in Malakoff or developed agoraphobia (sorry I'm just joking again!!).

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank lizandtone
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

We were in Patio in April,we had an European journey. We booked it just for the price and didn't expect that much,and it was it... The hotel is located really close to the subway station (Malakoff) I suppose.. Quiet and cheap.The staff was helpful at some occasions,like giving directions or to use the computer for 20 minutes.
The rooms.What can I say,we had a room on a third floor (306), the room was not that small,perfect for two people, with two twin beads,LCD TV, BIG bathroom with lots of space,good shower and bath.The beds was not clean.
The best part is the view, we head windows right on the Eiffel Tower! It was so romantic to be in a bath with a glass of champagne and viewing the tower!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fragus
Wirral, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

I've given this hotel 2 out of 5 for the 2 stars it actually has. It's hard to review this place because on the one hand it was great but on the other hand it was truly horrible!

The location of the hotel is quite perfect, it's directly opposite a Metro station and it's a short walk away from a few bakeries and other amenities. The reception of the hotel is what you'd expect from any other hotel, though a little dated. The staff are nice and speak some English.

It all goes downhill from there really. The rooms are unusual to say the least. The walls are covered in material rather than wallpaper, the bed was too soft for my back, some of the lights don't work, the good sized bathroom is lit by a fire-escape style light (so very dull), there's no lock on the bathroom door, one of the glass panels of the wardrobe door had fallen off and was left at the side, the TV was at the top corner of the room and you had to stand on a chair (that we didn't have) to reach it, there was a large hole in the headboard next to the bed, the shower seemed to spit rather than shower and there was the most bizarre picture of a sunbed advert on the back of our door (which slammed very loudly).

Some of my friends stayed in another room down the corridor and somehow their room was totally different but equally bad: their bathroom was well lit but tiny, they had no mirror in their room so they ended up taking the mirror that had fallen off our wardrobe door, their wardrobe was a weird box sticking out of the wall with no door, they had a fridge (which we didn't), their TV remote didn't work properly so the TV was unusable, plug sockets were hanging out of the wall and flies kept on flying in from the garden below, even with a mosquito net! It seemed as though nothing in the hotel matched. Even the keyrings on the keys were different!

Another problem we had that the windows opened all the way meaning we couldn't leave them ajar during the day as anyone could have hopped right into the room. The street the hotel is located on is one-way and has little traffic passing through it but because the buildings opposite are close to the hotel, the sound of traffic was amplified so if the window was open during the night you'd get this almighty sound waking you up every hour.

The decor is old fashioned and looks like they've grabbed whatever they can from the local charity shop and shoved it into each room. They offer breakfast but I've read that it's light and expensive so I didn't bother. I had a quick look at the breakfast room in the basement and once again it looked tired. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room by the way.

The hotel is fine for a short break (well, if you're on a budget) and it is very cheap accomidation so I suppose I should have been expecting this. At the end of the day it was a bed, a bathroom, a relatively clean room and in Paris. Doubt I'll be staying again though.

• Liked — Reception, metro across the road
  • Disliked — The weirdness of the room!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends