“The real Paris experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky Youth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lucky Youth
Ranked #96 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“The real Paris experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you want to experience a real taste of parisian life, this is the place to do it from. Without doubt one of the best locations in Paris, we loved every minute of our stay here. Felt slightly strange to meet staff at the metro at first, but it's not even a 5 minute walk and so so worth it. Other bigger hostels, like the one we stayed in before here, felt to me like staying in a hospital and like they could be anywhere in the world. This hostel gives you a warm connection and insight to Paris. Given the chance we would have stayed again, and only here. Full of charm and character it's an awesome place to hang out meet people and go exploring from. It's different and i like that because at the end of the day that's why I travel. I only wish they had more hostel like this in other cities around the world!!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

These hostels are much more of a french living experience as they are set up in french apartments in various great parts of Paris. Its more of a chilled environment and good to socialise with others who have interesting stories to tell of their travels. They have more of a unique system that is a lot less regimented than your run of the mill hostel. When i came to Paris a few months ago I stayed in Montmartre which is a picturesque part of Paris with lots of nice bars cafes and restaurants. Just generally a very beautiful area. This time round when I came, I stayed in Montparnasse. The apartment is on the 14th floor of the building, so you have the most phenomenal view of Paris. You can see the Louvre straight ahead and the Eiffel Tower to the left etc. Its a spacious apartment with a kitchen area with all you need for cooking, this is extra useful if your trying to save money and avoid eating out all the time. The apartment is right next to Montparnasse train station which is one of the biggest and has every metro line. I met some really great people during my stay, some Americans, Canadians, 2 Brazilians and an Australlian. From all different walks of life, it was a trip to remember.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

waiting to be picked up is dodgy, not a "personal service"
Not a hostel, blatently someone's apartment rammed with bunk beds? Not legitimate. Neighbours don't seem happy with all the foreigners coming and going . Unclean. Rude staff.
Never stay here. I would suspect that five star ratings are fake.

6 Thank Sazzaroo

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've stayed at dozens of hostels over the years and traveled to many countries. I've had some unpleasant hostel experiences but nothing as terrible as this place. Upon arrival, my travel partner and I were disgusted with the uncleanliness of the situation. It was over-crowded with backpackers (two people to sleep in the living room and 6 people to sleep in the other room). There is no place to store or leave your luggage. Our beds were dirty (food crumbs and dingy) and the sheets we were given were damp because they had not been properly dried. The bathroom had soap scum and hair in the shower. The toilet seat was broken. We brought this to the management's attention the very next morning and her reply was less than helpful, though she did apparently come by and try and clean things up a bit (I stress, 'A BIT'). That was clearly the only time it was cleaned during our entire stay. Please do not trouble yourself with staying here. I have never in all my travels experienced such a hostile manager. She blamed our complaints on the fact that we are American. I found that to be very rude and inconsiderate. I've stayed in hostels across the world and NEVER had issues like this before.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank TravelTT2
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Where do I start? First off, DO NOT STAY HERE. My sister and I are well-traveled and experienced backpackers and have never encountered such rude management. The "apartment" hostel was very unclean. There were dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen, the bathrooms were filthy (soap scum, hair everywhere, incredibly dirty shower mat), and worst of all - our mattresses were covered with hair, dirt and food crumbs, and the sheets we were given were stuffed into a pillowcase wet and smelled of mildew. The towel that I rented was also still damp. The "free unlimited wifi" was a joke as it only worked 20% of the time. It was also INCREDIBLY slow, and the desktop computer that was provided never worked. The "total independence" promised is untrue - each set of travelers are given one key to the main door of the apartment complex, but the key to the apartment is shared between ALL residents of the hostel. If you're coming in late - you have to wake someone up to let you in. If someone forgets to leave the key for you when no one is home, you're out of luck. The "private room" is the living room of the apartment and thus not private at all if any other resident needs to use the kitchen, bathroom or leave the premises. The “24/7” hot showers are hot for perhaps 4 minutes each hour, not nearly enough to accommodate the 8-9 people they cram into the flat.

I sent a very calm email to the manager the next morning explaining our dissatisfaction. 1) She accused me of lying. 2) She said that I was displeased because I was American. (I wasn't aware that paying customers anywhere were okay with dirty accommodations.)

I was also displeased with the number of times I had to email the office before the trip to get responses.

In short, stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Simply do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank theredhedsed
Linden, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The wait to be picked up took 2hrs. Why I had to be picked up in the first place was weird enough. You have to do too much to get into the building, meaning he gives you have to know codes and have keys and if you lose them you're screwed. The man didn't explain anything but money. The man is a total [--]. We had to pay for clean sheets. The beds aren't secure and they're filthy. Dusty with Starbucks cups from who knows how long ago. Wifi didn't work. The man has overbooked and made people sleep on couches. There is no way this hostel got such a high score. Its a fixed score!Never go here!

7 Thank Jezibi
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I really wish I could have stayed in Paris longer, but will definitely be back, and will definitely stay at Lucky Youth again. The staff here were exceptional in their willingness to go above and beyond in terms of helping me get to the property. I was greeted by TWO staff upon getting out of the Metro, who not only walked me to the unit, but completely took their time in orienting me to everything we were passing by during the walk and then offered excellent advise for non-touristy options in the city. I felt like I was greeted by friends, not hostel staff. Genuine and wonderful people! Also, the place offers a cool set-up in an amazing and authentic neighborhood of Paris, Montmartre, where you will feel like you are staying in a colorful Parisian flat rather than perching at a 'hostel.' I met some wonderful people during my stay here! The beds were comfortable and there's a private kitchen w/ fridge....all of this for one of the most affordable prices I found in all of Paris!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo