“Run far far away!”

Hotel Le Petit Trianon
Ranked #1,672 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This hotel was terrible. Moldy bathroom, no shower curtain, toilet seat that didn't fit the toilet. A sink that I am not entirely sure what it was. A stained up moldy couch. A lumpy saggy bed that needed to be retired 30 years ago. They wrap the sheet around the pillow so your feet are on the mattress. This unit had a fridge, microwave and stove that obviously had never been cleaned. The man that said he owned it creeped us out so bad that we were scared that he would come back into our room and go thru our stuff. The only saving grace is the location. It was a great location with a lot of restaurants and maybe 6 blocks from Notre Dame. Other people say its a budget hotel and if it is then we were way over charged! I would advise you to run the other direction and never look back.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Cheap accommodation is hard to find in Paris, that we know. However even for the price this hotel is appalling. Old beds with sagging dirty mattresses and smelly pillows, sheets that were clean(ish) but had seen their sell-by date a few decades ago, a broken toilet, sticks of broken furniture (drawer handles replaced by screws), staircase filled with bags of dirty laundry... These are not a few of my favourite things.

On the plus side, the location is good, so you can go out and try and forget where you're staying (we spent two days looking wistfully at places we might have stayed).

Terrible place, avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is a low budget hotel and its location is great, but the place is very small and rooms are not clean at all. When we arrived our room was very dirty, it took the whole day for them to clean it. Bathrooms are totally small and dirty, the toilette cover was damaged and they never repaired it. You can get a better and cleaner hotel in the same area for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I found this hotel to be in very poor shape. Our room was very dirty, we had two twin beds with very old mattresses and pillows. Flat sheets were used to cover the beds, they were pulled around the pillows acting as pillow cases leaving the bottom of the mattresses uncovered. Our shower was moldy and the shower head was not affixed to the wall. We had no soap or shampoo.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I love hotels like this, they have charm, character and a very down to earth feel. I won't bore you with the same comments as the other reviewers, they are all fairly accurate. Service is good, room is clean location is excellent, noise is minimal.

Howeve there are a few things they could do which would make them the top rated budget hotel in Paris, and most of them are quite small.
- tv lacking in the room, and for this price you would still expect this (cheap LCD tv is fine)
- door handles not working inside our room to our toilet (cheap fix from handyman). They were falling opout of the door and not locking properly.
- store room in hall ways door was off the hinges and to one side for the two days we were there, didn't look good and we had to climb past it.

So these things moved the experience from amazing to average for us - hope to stay again and see these things fixed and from this we can rate this the top budget hotel.

Room Tip: Lower is louder but less stairs, higher is quieter but more stairs!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dpepps
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Firstly if you are on a budget and don't mind roughing it, then this is the hotel for you. It is an old Parisian hotel with a steep winding staircase to the rooms so of no use to people with walking problems. The rooms are basic, some including ours in dire need of updating and decoration. But you cannot fault the location it is fantastic!!! Norte Dame is a ten minute stroll via the street directly opposite the hotel and a good 45 minute stroll will take you to the Lourve, Le Champs Élysées , Les Invalides, Concorde with the Eiffel Tower just a bit further. The area is excellent for cafe bars, restaurants and two cinemas! The staff are polite and courteous. But be warned there is no tv, tea or coffee facilities and you will have to ask for fresh towels. Overall value for money location wise but in need of some TLC.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 which was bearable for our six nights here, the shower head did not attach to th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cerirp
Reviewed 20 March 2012

At the request of this hotel, I sent through my credit card details so that they were on record in case I no-showed or cancelled at late notice.

It was a card I very rarely used (never for online purchases and it was the first time I had sent the details to anyone). Within 12hrs of sending this email to the hotel, fraudulent purchases were made on my card.

I have emailed the hotel twice since asking for an explanation and have received no reply. I am positive it is the correct email for the hotel as they confirmed my reservation which I made through budgetplaces.com.

I am posting this on TripAdvisor as a warning to anybody who is considering booking a room at this hotel. BE CAREFUL - if they request your card details to have on record, consider putting one number wrong.

While I don't think the owners of this hotel are to blame (there are no other reviews of this sort to be found), they may have a staff member who is doing the complete wrong thing by them and potential customers!

Since I have not received a reply from this hotel, I will not be staying there (regardless of how great the location is)!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends