“Great location”
Review of Hotel Eugenie

Hotel Eugenie
Ranked #1,108 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel Eugenie has Clean rooms with a nice shower room and comfortable beds. small rooms but perfectly located. The hotel has friendly helpful staff who came to our assistance when we had a problem. Buzzy street life. A safe and hair dryer provided. I've run out of things to say.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank P0tts1948

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel itself was to be expected for the price, adequate. The location was fantastic. The staff excellent. My overall impression is brilliant. The selection of Restaurants, Theatres, transport and tourist locations was epic. Beware of using the Metro with your suitcase it can be very difficult to negotiate but not impossible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was charming, but I paid Expedia, and then the hotel charged me again. I will not stay there again. I called Expedia to rectify, but they just told me to call the hotel, and I was not able to reach them. This happened a couple of years ago, but the actual date was not available on the drop down menu.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My daughter and I loved this little hotel. We found the staff very friendly and helpful and our room was clean, beds were comfortable and the air-conditioning worked extremely well. But best of all, its location, in my opinion, could not be beaten for the price! Two steps from the metro, in the lovely Rue St André des Arts in the latin quarter - perfect!! We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Room Tip: There is a safe and a fridge in the room, it is cleaned daily by the hotel's cleaners. My room w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 1 March 2014

There are other hotels in this area that are much better, with staff with better attitudes. Hotel rooms are very small, staircase is hazardous, elevator, really is that what that was? Just don't stay there...they told us a family of three could sleep in one bed, the bed was a very small double, just so we would purchase a room, thank goodness I asked to see the room first. Ended up having two rooms.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Klowningaround
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Unfortunately/fortunately for Hotel Eugenie, it is in an excellent location of Paris. Just steps from the nearest metro, Notre Dame, and other Paris highlights.

The negatives:
- There was a hole in the wall outside the bathroom. Literally a hole in the wall! This revealed a section of the wall that was actually made of foam
- The lift dropped you off in between a flight a stairs, thereby negating its purpose fundamentally. If you are disabled, with a child, or heavy luggage, you'd struggle
- There was no iron in the whole hotel....what?
- The walls were paper thin and we could hear EVERYTHING from the couple next door
- There is an Irish pub across the street which meant it was VERY loud in the evenings
- Although the bathroom was high spec, the fitting of the toilet meant you had to sit on it sideways to fit in the bathroom which was weird

The positives:
- I found the staff friendly, unlike other reviewers
- The bathroom was high spec; shower had good pressure & was warm
- The location was safe and so perfectly located for loads of cafes & transport

In summary: I'd search for something else if you can afford it! Although it didn't ruin our trip because we weren't in the room much, I think a better hotel would have enhanced our Paris weekend trip.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is quiet and high up! We were on 2nd floor & it was loud!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple