“Drab, but okay for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodstock Hostel

and 1 more site!
Woodstock Hostel
Ranked #53 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Drab, but okay for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night, since we were just spending the weekend in Paris before moving on to Spain, however the one night was completely barable. I probably wouldn't have like to stay more than two or three nights, since the atmosphere was kind of tense feeling, although the staff were nice enough, it just felt kind of like a purgatory, very simple rooms, basic bed, a sink in the room, which I find useful, although others may not like. Room had a safe, which was useful for passports, electrics, etc. Breakfast was quite basic, cerial, bread and butter, juice as well I think. The hostel is closed for a few hours during the day, so even if you're staying there, you can't get in. Overall, fine for a night, but I doubt I'd consider staying for more than two days...

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dllr19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Tubingen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

It seems like word quirky has been used a lot, so I'll try and refrain from beating that dead horse. But this hostel is awesome. Really easy to meet people. The staff is super friendly and helpful. (A girl I had met there had trouble falling asleep in her room because a guy was snoring really loudly, and they let her change rooms without any problem.) They have a cat!! The entire thing has a hippy kind of vibe, and it's really cool. And the location is really, really good. Yes, they do kick you out from 11 to 2, but eh, go site seeing! I had no problems with stealing, and quite frankly, I am rather surprised reading the comments after staying there that people seem to believe it's a huge problem. Definitely would recommend this hostel, particularly for solo travelers and because it's definitely a good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah L
valerie A, Gérant at Woodstock Hostel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience at the Woodstock Hostel. We hope to see you soon in Paris.
Gosport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

First time travellers, myself and 3 of my pals came across Woodstock Hostel online. We liked the price and the layed back approach they promoted. We were thrilled to be welcomed by a very friendly women (that thankfully spoke good English). The payment was easy and hassle free, something that came as a relief to us in the big city of Paris. The room was cosy and warm. The beds were suprisingly very comfortable! Being a 'no curfew' hostel, people came as they pleased, sometimes in the early hours (including us) so therefore sleep could potentially be disturbed. The docor was ace! Very quirky and youthful, lots of green which went down well with us gals. The breakfast was good, the smell of coffee woke us up each morning :-). There were safes in the rooms which we all used and relied on. The kitchen was a good size, with a fridge, microwave and hob, no oven however. On the most part, our food was left untouched, something the Hostel can not help anyway. Metro was very close also, score!
Somewhere I would free visit fo sho! Perfect for four female young travellers. Although keep your wits about ya, the area holds no illusion and is a top notch example of the 'real' Paris, something that came as quite refreshing amongst me and my friends.

Room Tip: higher floors, less noise?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked there for only 2 nites and we stayed 8 days
The rooms were not very big but very clean the people who stayed were a bit messy but the hostel can not do anything about it. Showers and Kitchen were very clean and well equiped
I was a little bit concerened about the stealing in fact it was the opposite for me i lost my Iphone and wallet they found them and return with no xtra charge to my next destination
the staff were just great
breakfast was great of course it s free !

yes i recommand this place for sur just great value

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My friend and I booked a private double room here for a weekend in December because the rates were pretty good. Good thing too, because the rooms seemed kind of small. The place has a great feel to it with the hand-painted murals, funky decorations, and spiral staircase. Breakfast was average: cereal, croissants, and beverages. The staff were good, we didn't associate with them too much but we never expected over-the-top friendliness anyways. My friend and I weren't traveling with many valuables, so I can't offer much opinion on the security of your belongings. What really makes the place though is the great location; You can get to a metro station (Anvers) and the Sacre-Coeur within 5 minutes. The neighbourhood is pretty central but peaceful enough so you aren't bumping shoulders into people.

Verdict: Cute place for a short stay with a great location, lacking on extra amenities and space.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

What everyone says is true.
My stuff was stolen too,
They kick you out, I was sick and asleep and she came and woke me up by touching me and telling me I had to leave!

The breakfast is nice, just an average breakfast. There was a lovely lady who worked there but all the rest of the staff was snooty and rude
DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Eeeeeeefff

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked the hostel with no major expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms. Clean toilet and shower. Heating on so the room was cosy. Very comfy beds. Breakfast was perfect. Location is the key. 10min walk from Moulin Rouge,5 min walk from Anvers metro station. Shops and restaurants just around the corner. Paid 108 euro for 2 nights 2 people in a twin room. Staff is great....always helpfull. Will def come back!

• Stayed November 2013