“Great location and comfortable stay.”
Review of Woodstock Hostel

and 1 more site!
Woodstock Hostel
Ranked #56 of 185 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere make this place worthwhile. It is located in one of the most bustling districts of Montmartre. The walk to the closest metro of Anvers is only a few minutes so getting there and around is fairly easy.

The room I stayed in was a six-person share and remained clean throughout. The hostel attracts a lot of students so it can get a bit noisy. I spent most of my time exploring the city so it never bothered me.

As for the price, well it is Paris so don't expect any miracles wherever you go. But my friends at the time were staying in a more expensive "hotel" which was nowhere near as clean or comfortable as the Woodstock.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the second floor facing the road. It seemed to be the quietest area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank NeilPatMac

Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you're looking for a great place to get a good night sleep and real hot shower after a long day of exploring Paris......then this is NOT THE HOSTEL to check-in too! If you're into partying up before you hit the clubs in Paris and only need a bed to sleep off your hang over.. then this place is for you! The cliental this hostel accommodates are 80% young, rude college students whom are loud, drunk partiers who have no respect for other guests sleeping there when they return from a night of partying @ 200am. To make matters worst are, the night staff manning the reception desk plays comedian to the drunk females returning from partying, causing them to laugh and talk louder that echoes through the stairwell... Staff does not enforce or request guest to be quite after 10pm. Other issues are... the showers are control by water saver valves that continuously requires your hand too pump while shower in (at best) luke warm water. Room doors are loud when closing due too hard duty locks. Street noise was horrible due the trucks and motorcycle driving by for rooms facing the street. Ear plugs won't help! The hostel was clean! WIFI worked good on 4th floor, however, high usage by students slow down during peak hours. BOTTOMLINE: If you're an older generation of travelers (35+ or older), this hostel is not the place to stay... you will be unhappy.

Room Tip: All rooms will be subject to loud stairwell noise due to echoes and large luggage being drug up and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Well. The room was good for a hostel and the toilet was close to the room... But the shower was a disaster... It is a button u have to keeping press it. because stops quickly... And is cold water! The staff was friendly. But when I asked information where to go at night... He just said "I do not go out so I do not know " okay it's not a 5 star hotel with concierge but... I've been in so many hostels and all of them helped a lot with informations... I did not have the breakfast because It finish pretty early at 9am :/ but the bread stay in table all day ... U can't bring out side drinks :/ And the checkin and checkout time is pretty bad also check out is 11am and checkout 2pm... Good wifi.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Silva B
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We only stayed for one night, since we were just spending the weekend in Paris before moving on to Spain, however the one night was completely barable. I probably wouldn't have like to stay more than two or three nights, since the atmosphere was kind of tense feeling, although the staff were nice enough, it just felt kind of like a purgatory, very simple rooms, basic bed, a sink in the room, which I find useful, although others may not like. Room had a safe, which was useful for passports, electrics, etc. Breakfast was quite basic, cerial, bread and butter, juice as well I think. The hostel is closed for a few hours during the day, so even if you're staying there, you can't get in. Overall, fine for a night, but I doubt I'd consider staying for more than two days...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dllr19
Reviewed 14 March 2014

It seems like word quirky has been used a lot, so I'll try and refrain from beating that dead horse. But this hostel is awesome. Really easy to meet people. The staff is super friendly and helpful. (A girl I had met there had trouble falling asleep in her room because a guy was snoring really loudly, and they let her change rooms without any problem.) They have a cat!! The entire thing has a hippy kind of vibe, and it's really cool. And the location is really, really good. Yes, they do kick you out from 11 to 2, but eh, go site seeing! I had no problems with stealing, and quite frankly, I am rather surprised reading the comments after staying there that people seem to believe it's a huge problem. Definitely would recommend this hostel, particularly for solo travelers and because it's definitely a good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah L
valerie A, Gérant at Woodstock Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience at the Woodstock Hostel. We hope to see you soon in Paris.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

First time travellers, myself and 3 of my pals came across Woodstock Hostel online. We liked the price and the layed back approach they promoted. We were thrilled to be welcomed by a very friendly women (that thankfully spoke good English). The payment was easy and hassle free, something that came as a relief to us in the big city of Paris. The room was cosy and warm. The beds were suprisingly very comfortable! Being a 'no curfew' hostel, people came as they pleased, sometimes in the early hours (including us) so therefore sleep could potentially be disturbed. The docor was ace! Very quirky and youthful, lots of green which went down well with us gals. The breakfast was good, the smell of coffee woke us up each morning :-). There were safes in the rooms which we all used and relied on. The kitchen was a good size, with a fridge, microwave and hob, no oven however. On the most part, our food was left untouched, something the Hostel can not help anyway. Metro was very close also, score!
Somewhere I would free visit fo sho! Perfect for four female young travellers. Although keep your wits about ya, the area holds no illusion and is a top notch example of the 'real' Paris, something that came as quite refreshing amongst me and my friends.

Room Tip: higher floors, less noise?
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked there for only 2 nites and we stayed 8 days
The rooms were not very big but very clean the people who stayed were a bit messy but the hostel can not do anything about it. Showers and Kitchen were very clean and well equiped
I was a little bit concerened about the stealing in fact it was the opposite for me i lost my Iphone and wallet they found them and return with no xtra charge to my next destination
the staff were just great
breakfast was great of course it s free !

yes i recommand this place for sur just great value

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends