“Never Again”

and 1 more site!
Woodstock Hostel
Ranked #56 of 187 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 12 March 2007

It was dusty, dirty, and a flea infested cat had access to all of the rooms. The front desk employees have a computer at the desk, and were messaging and emailing the entire time. Clients were definitely not their main priority. The kitchen looked as if it had not been cleaned in a very long time. They permitted exreme alcohol use and the loud, obnoxious behaviors of some of the veryyy young guests would go as late as 3am. I KNOW that they did not ask all of the guests for ID. I was sitting at a table and watched 3 young guys check in WITHOUT ID. I also was very uncomfortable with no lockers and no means to secure my belongings. I will never go again and I do not recommend staying here at all.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank AmericanTraveler7

Reviewed 30 January 2007

I was really worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews but it really is fine, especially for such a reasonable price. We stayed in a dorm on the top floor which meant it was pretty quiet. Didn't brave the showers. The breakfast is great considering it is free! Don't be too quick to reject this hostel- the location's fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank voyages888
Reviewed 31 October 2006

Stayed for a long weekend in October. We were given a room off the courtyard which proved to be small and unclean. Bathroom facilites are also very basic and in need of a good clean, the earlier you get up (quite easy as we were woken up by the hostel plumbing!) the hotter the shower! The staff, especially the woman, behind the counter were rude and generally unhelpful. Despite notices saying noise would be kept to a minimum after 10:30pm, staff made no effort to ensure this happened, and as a result we spent 3 nights listening to loud bragging Americans and Australians. On the plus side, the hostel is in a great location for exploring Paris, and the breakfast (if you can find space to eat it) is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pinky11
Reviewed 25 July 2006

I will never come back to this hostel, ever!!
so my boybriend and i went to paris for 5 days and we stayed at this hostel. the price is too expensive for the bad quality of the hostel, so I guess it was because of the area.
we stayed at a bedroom for ourselves (thank god!!), because people were drunk and ------ up. it was really noisy (the floor was made of wood and you could hear everything. the curfew ------, but it was really good then because at two everybody went to sleep and i could finally have a little bit of peace.
the showers where totally awful! there was weird stuff on the floor( I recomed to take sandals to take the shower, its nasty).
well what can i say about the room, it was smelly, noisy, and it looked so dirty. the bed is really uncomfortable. i did go to breakfast, i wasn´t interested...
well, and then the stuff where nice but a little bit..i don´t know...careless when it comes to security (you have to leave the key of your room in the hostel, and somebody else could take it (they are like on a wooden box).
well, some people might think that i´m a little bit picky, but I just want to advice people who are not looking for party and alcohol the whole time: for the price of this hostel you can have a palace in belgium etc. next time i go to paris, i will be staying in a 2 stars hotel or so (prices are similar and quality cannot be compared)

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank leyretas
A TripAdvisor Member
Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2006

This place is great if you are travelling by yourself ! Staff and Guests are friendly.

Courtyard was great for chilling after a day of sightseeing ! Ended up drinking late into the night with many fellow guests.

Showers were a little cold on level 2 - Hot showers on ground floor and level 3.

Beds and rooms were small and basic - exactly what you need to sleep !

Would stay there again !

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2006

I stayed with a friend 2 nights at Woodstock. We had wandered in with no reservations and they put us in a room with about 10 beds. I have to say that we had a fantastic time there. It wasn't so much the lodging but the people there were great-both guests and staff. I haven't hosteled a ton but we ended up drinking there one night with about 6 other people and had a blast! Also, after wandering Paris with little in the way of French speaking skills, it was good to come back at night to an enclave of english speaking folks. One thing that was bad, if you care, they didn't supply sheets for the beds we were on and the beds were a little funky. I didn't care but a chick might (I also did not have sheets). Of the time in Europe, the Woodstock and Paris were the highlight (to my surprise).

• Stayed: April 2003
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2004

Me and my chill friend stayed here for like a while. It was pretty chill hostel. I had nightmares though because our floor felt like it was going to collapse, because it was an old building and stuff. But I loved it besides that. The showers were also pretty chill and clean and stuff. I met a lot of chill people. If you wanna chill place to stay go to Woodstock. It was chill.