Travelocity
FindHotel
Hotels.com
All reviews gare du recently stayed at this hotel breakfast staff metro line pleasant stay cdg airport min walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

The receptionist fall asleep while talking to him. It was 35°C outside and our AC wasn't working. Our locker wasn't working .Worst service. Room was ready an hour after our check-in time. Lift is tooo small, max 2 people could get in without luggage . One of the worst hotel experiences ever. Just that it was clean and station was nearby, only positive things. This place totally ruined the image of Paris for me. Would strongly recommend to look for an alternative.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank sparshnagpal
Reviewed 25 June 2019

We were checked-in by a person named Saleem. Then he asked us to follow him to the next door property. I was offered 2 strong paint smell and dusted room ( they were finishing up the next door building to hotel conversion for this hotel). Told him can't stay there since kids has asthma. Been told no other rooms available since women's world cup 2019 taking place and no refund since the reservation done by Booking.com with a funny smile by Saleem. I was willing to blow off 2 rooms for 4 night totaling almost $ 2,000.00 to find any other hotel in Paris but was unsuccessful due to women's world cup. Went back to the next door original hotel and saw another customer is complaining to front desk about the same issue to a person named Alan. I explained Alan about my kids asthma and he promised to change my room next day to the original hotel. Stayed out with 3 kids overnight ( unbelievable hardship for kids aged 11,10 and 3 year old). Was given 2 replacement rooms next day to the original hotel and finished my stay there. Only this person care for service ( Alan) and housekeeper's were good. Other than that NO ONE CARES. Never ever will stay there even this hotel offers me money to stay.

2  Thank SHARIF C
Reviewed 10 June 2019

Our room for 4 was surprisingly spacious - sitting area was great for our other friends to gather to plan our activities. Big bathroom. Loved the little balconies. Great locay by East and North trains(airport) and near a few metro lines, one just feet away. Great value.

Room tip: Booked the triple with couch - nice to have some room!
1  Thank Annetterkndmd
Reviewed 5 June 2019

Very poor property, very small room like toilet. House keeping is very poor never clean the room. I stayed 3 nights and no one cleaned my dust bin and they never changed the bed sheet, Very rude staff... I will never suggest anyone to stay in this property..
Please guyees stay away from this hotel....

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank Anish6909
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

During our visit to Paris in May-19, we had booked this hotel twice once during our first visit and the second time after 1 day of out 1st visit check-out so that we can leave our luggage while visiting other places nearby. We gave Sure Hotel by Best Western a try owing to it's proximity to Gare du Nord station.
1) Firstly it's not too close to the station, so if you intend to walk with heavy luggages, that would not be easy
2) The surrounding area is rough and doesn't look safe at any time of the day, so don't think of staying in this locality if you are visiting with your family
3) Now coming to the hotel. Salim from the front office was so unwelcoming and full of arrogance and distrust. At check in when I informed him that we would be staying for 2 nights and check-out and will comeback after a day to check-in to the same hotel, hence we would be leaving our 4 bags in the luggage section of the hotel as we didn't want to travel with it, he said he can allow only 2. What kind of solution was that? Why would one want to leave partial luggage. In other words he was discouraging us to leave luggage even if it was for only 1 day and even after we showning our loyalty by booking the same hotel on coming back to Paris. With exploring other options luggage storage we eventually spoke to another person at the hotel front office Idris who helped us with storing our luggage. Hence not sure what Salim's motive was.
4) Now just on the day when I was supposed to check-in the second time, the hotel cancelled my booking, stating some credit card issue, which was ridiculous, as if that was the case why didn't it happen the first time. Then I called up and spoke to them over the phone and they stated that they will re-instate the booking but cannot assure the same room. I realised this was a trick to get me to be at their mercy and settle for a lower config room as they knew I would have to comeback and stay there due to the luggage.
5) They were successful as they assigned a room with horrible layout in the top floor (no bathtub, unlike the room that I had booked) with slanted roofs and very cramped up. But charged the same amount. So it was a clear loot.
6) The lifts in the hotel are toooooo small, one 1 person and 1 luggage or 2 persons can fit in at a time

Avoid this Hotel at any costs and if possible the location near this side of Gare Du Nord for stay as it is not advisable for family stay.

Message to the Hotel management - While I understand you can do anything about the location, you have to work a lot on the hospitality and hygiene front. With arrogant and unwelcoming staff like Salim who don't value customer relation and experience, you don't seem to be doing this right.

Date of stay: May 2019