“Smells like airplane lavatory. Looks like Circus, Circus Hotel in Vegas.”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #383 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“Smells like airplane lavatory. Looks like Circus, Circus Hotel in Vegas.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Worst service ever. From every point of contact this hotel couldn't get its act together. Food and dirty dishes left in corridors. Very dated interiors. The opposite of an enchanting Parisian experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrGatsbys
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time taken in posting your review on trip advisor and I am very disappointed to learn about your feelings concerning your recent stay with us.

I understand that we have failed by all means in approaching your expectations even.
And so I would like to take this very opportunity to kindly request you to please e-mail me your comments in complete to our guestrelations@thegatecollection.com id, if you would wish to only inorder for us to understand the core reasons for your dissatisfaction and which will help our departments to ensure a similar situation does not recur in the future.

Thanking you once again for your courtesy, I look forward to hear from you again.

With my best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a conference. The room was of great size for a Paris hotel, excellently fitted out with high class finish, marble sinks, floors and shower. Good comfy bed. Wifi was reliable. Conference facilities were very good, and according to my female collesgues the loos were stunning (male loos as normal for a hotel of this standing but nothing special, but the ladies were even taking photos of the washroom apparently). Purple bar was a little lifeless but the outside terrace very welcome on a warm evening. Location is also great, a few minutes walk from Champs and the Arc de Triomphe with good metro links and RER. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind comments posted on this webside.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found that you appreciated the decorations of our hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hôtel Du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe very soon and please don't hesitate to contact me should you require assistance with any future stays.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

After a riverboat vacation with Avalon we checked into the Hotel duCollectionneur. Check in was very easy and the staff was friendly. Before our trip I had been in contact with the concierge at this hotel and they were above and beyond helpful. Once we checked in we used them for either directions or recommendations for restaurants and again they were extremely helpful. A quick lunch at the Purple Bar, while we waited for our luggage to arrive at the hotel, was expensive (40 euros for a bowl of soup, salad topped with chicken breast and shared a bottled water). Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We had a problem with the room temperature and maintenace was at our door in five minutes and fixed the problem. My only complaint was the strong smell of room air freshners in the lobby. Breakfast was included as part of our Avalon package and the selection was great and delicious. The staff at this hotel was excellent. While I think this hotel was expensive, if you can afford it, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

However I regret that you found our Purple Bar expensive, but by means of explanation only, the prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hôtel Du Collectionneur Arc de triomphe Paris in a not very distant future.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very simple. Nice decor, Art Deco themed, classy..... once upon a time. The rooms seem a little tired, however that is not the issue, the issue was the service, or lack of. Check in took 45 mins, concierge was in the vicinity of rude, especially when asking them to bring our bags from storage. I have no problem with such service if I am paying 50 to 75 a night. However when the price averages 490 Eur per night, I expect to be treated with a little respect as a customer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Victor P
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to post such a constructive review on this website.

I have shared your feedback with the concerning heads of the departments regarding your disappointment during your recent stay at our Hôtel Du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude during your stay with us and our management has been informed.

You are quite right in your assumptions that we did not meet your expectations and I can assure you your experience was the exception to the rule. However, I hope this will not deter you from returning to our hotel.

Perhaps I could ask you to contact the Guest Relations team directly when you next come to Paris so that we can oversee the details of your stay and ensure it is truly unforgettable.

Hôtel Du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stay here quite regularly on business. Excellent location, close to a lovely park, easy walk to all major attractions or the metro.
Rooms are nicely appointed with all the conveniences you will need.
Breakfast is a good selection and plenty of restaurants close by for nice Parisian dining experiences.
Staff are helpful enough and concierge always on hand to help with any directions etc needed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank cc_KL
Dear Guest,

We can not thank you enough for such a lovely note regarding your stays in our Hôtel Du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with us.

amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I come to this hotel every year for work and I must say this year it was terrible. Starting with a late check-in...a colleague of mine who just flew in from Dubai had to wait till 17:30 to get her room ! Not even a free drink at the bar was proposed to show at least a bit that they care. This happened to more people. Another colleague of mine did not have hot water for a day since her arrival and received the wrong bags in her room.
An espresso costs 9 euros which you may say...thats Paris for you...but frankly you need courage to charge an espresso 9 euros.
The staff are rude and obnoxious. It took ages just to check in and you wonder what the 20 people behind the counter are actually doing....I have advised my company not to use this hotel any longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AlexTedje2017
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I would also like to reassure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously by our Management and are looking into details inorder to take quick and constructive measures to avoid recurrence of such situations.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude during your stay with us for which the department managers are taking required actions to improve the situation.

I am truly sorry for not having been aware of your disappointment during your stay as this would have allowed us to find an appropriate resolution with immediate effect and ensure your entire satisfaction.

I truly wish that your experiences will not deter you from returning to our hotel and so I truly look forward to have a second chance to welcome you back as this will be an opportunity for us to prove that your experience is rather an exception that a rule and to show the high quality of service we aim to offer to all our guests.

I remain personally at your entire availability and will be happy to assist with your next booking at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

With our very warm regards,

Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 mights at the end of a River Cruise. After checkin we smelled cigar smoke in our room and there was an ashtray (clean) and matches in the room. Must be a smoking room? No, upon return to the front desk I was told by the attendant that it was a non-smoking room and that we could not move. After 2 days all our clothes, luggage etc. smelled of cigar smoke.
Wanted an ice bucket/cork screw to chill and open some wine. Called room service twice and finally got ice bucket, called 2 more times re the corkscrew and after 1.5 hours ended up with 2 corkscrews.
Hallways are very hot and rooms are very slow to cool down. Took 12 hours to get the temp down from 24 to 20 C.
We were not able to connect to the "free" internet with our Ipads.
Location is OK with half hour walk to Arc de Triomphe.
The hotel, on my opinion, doesn't deliver the value you would expect based on it's rating and price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dale M
Dear guest,

Thank you for you recent stay at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I have well noted your constructive comments regarding several inconveniences you had to experience and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay due to these facts.
In need of your stay details in order to find the root cause of all the above and to assure that such situations do not recur to any of our guests in future, I would like to take this opportunity to request you to please contact me on our e-mail id guestrelations@thegatecollection.com if you may wish to.
Your feedback will be very much appreciated and will surely help us for our betterment.

Also please do not hesitate to contact me at the occasion of your next stay and I will be happy to personally assist with your booking and hope this will be an opportunity for us to prove that this experience was rather an exception that a rule.

Sincerely yours,