“I wouldn't if I were you. It's not really bad but it's certainly not worth the money and if you stay in hotels a lot it will r”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #431 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a group for 4 days
The location is good - everything else is very average and certainly not 5 Star
If it was 3/4 Star and cheaper then ok.
I'm a regular in Paris and certainly won't use it again. A client put me in here and I felt really guilty about them paying so much for so little.
It feeks like a rather shabby old hotel with small, quite noisy rooms.
The reception staff try hard but the night staff were really grumpy when we first arrived.
It's not really bad- but it's just not good enough.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Dengskis
guestrelationshdc, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken time to write your review on our site concerning your recent stay with us and I am very disappointed to learn that our often appreciated Art Deco of the hotel did not unfortunately meet your expectations.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude, especially during the night and I request you to please rest assured that we our Management is taking required actions to improve the situation.

I truly hope that your experience do not deter you from returning to our hotel and I would be delighted to assure that you will abe ccomodated in a spacious and surely a quite room and I request you to not hesitate to contact our service when planning your next stay to our beautiful city, Paris.

With best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Write a ReviewReviews (2,819)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 4 days. The rooms are very small and very average. Not even close to what i expect in a 5 star hotel. But the real shock came when we checked out. The room service said that they give 2 bottles of drinking water everyday complimentary. So when we wanted to settle our bill, we saw they have charged some 120 euros for water. When we said that the room service specified its complimentary, and they didnt even have any receipts. They said we can cry as much as we want but they are gonna charge the amount to our credit card. It was unbelievable. The desk staff is rude and very impersonal. Wont recommend it to anyone. The wifi didnt worked at all.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sweta N
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I would for-mostly thank you for spending some of your very precious time to write the review on this web site concerning your recent stay.

I have learnt that you have had an unpleasant stay with us and I thank you for having spoken about your problem which helped us re-look into the details of your problem and billing once again and by means of explanation only, I would like to very kindly bring to your attention that our management provides two complimentary water bottles per day only to guests who are residing in the suites or if their contract with the hotel includes this request.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again apologise for the obvious upset or inconvenience it may have caused you with any kind of miscommunication done.

I also wish to keep you informed that I have re-checked your invoice and except if any error on our part, I confirm you that a rebate of €120 has been done corresponding to 4 water bottles consumed from the mini-bar plus 10 water bottles ordered through room service including the tray charges on two occasions. We additionally removed two charges for the adaptors used from the mini-bar understanding that you were not willing to take them home.

I will dear guest highly appreciate if you may please contact me on my e-mail id guestrelations@thegatecollection.com for any further clarifications you may require concerning the invoice and the billing if an error is still existing and to exchange your comments. I will remain at your entire availability.

I also truly hope that your experience will not deter you from returning to our hotel and I wish that you will give us a second chance to prove that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and I will be more than glad to assist you and ensure that you will have a pleasant stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Hotel was fine but not really 5 star. Very good location. The double double superior rooms are quite small and there were 4 of us staying in the room and only ever 3 towels provided. The biggest problem was the WIfi which was close to non - existent, not something that I would expect in a 5 star hotel, also the pillows were extremly flat. The Purple Bar is a very nice place to have a couple of drinks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for writing a reveiw on the site concerning your recent stay with us and to learn that you are globally satisfied.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for the concerns you have raised about the number of towels being delivered to your room, the wifi and the quality of our pillows and I truly hope that you contacted our Front office team to find a convenient solution for you during the stay to assure that the problems were solved in place and that the similar situations did not reccur.

I also would like to kindly bring to your attention that our management constantly strive to keep all our prices in line with the hotels of the similar category.

Having enjoyed the location and our Purple bar, I wish that you will not deter from returning to our property and I will look forward that you will contact our Guest Relations department, anytime you will plan another trip to our beautiful city of lights, Paris.
I will be more than glad to return your stay an unforgatable one.

With my very warm regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent three nights here as part of a tour group so I cannot comment on the desk staff. Contact with staff was limited to the breakfast buffet and that was pretty impersonal - just shown to a seat. The buffet was a good selection of bread, fruits, meats, cheese. We enjoyed the food.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had everything we needed. Our room faced the interior courtyard so there was no view except other windows.
The neighborhood surrounding the hotel seemed safe for walking but was mostly office buildings, few shops or restaurants.
I do have to recommend to the ladies to visit the ladies bathroom down a level from the lobby. It was quiet spectacular!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I kindly thank you for having posted your feedback on this website.

I am very happy to learn about your satisfaction concerning our room comforts and the breakfast buffet selection. I am sorry that our very appreciated view into the patio did not meet your choice and if you may contact us for any of your future trips to our city, I will be happy to allocate your room with a different view.

Though I am upset on the fact that our contact with you remained impersonal I am glad you had the opportunity to feel the spectacular impression our ladies bathroom often leaves to our guests who get to visit it.

Truly hoping to see you in near future,

with best wishes,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I recently stayed here for a week on business. The room was OK but even with the A/C turned all the way up, the room was just barely acceptable. There were 5 of us staying at the hotel and price range from the same room was crazy! My room was 265 euro a night but one of the other travelers with us was paying over 600 euro a night for the same room! The WiFi internet was just barely acceptable for Skype or Tango calls. The location of the hotel was convenient to lots of restaurants and walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe and everything else. The subway system makes it easy to get around Paris. We eat in the Purple bar one night and the cheapest drink was 20 euro and the appetizer platters were each about 28 euro.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard - not the street - way to noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your very precious time to share your impressions with us following your stay and I am very pleased to learn that your had a globally satisfied stay among us.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that all your comments have been reviewed by our Management with the concerning heads of the departments in order to take required measures to render every guest with a pleasant stay.

Concerning the prices for the hotel, by means of explanation only, they fluctuate very regularly depending on the level of occupancy, activities in the city, week-ends and several others. Hotels also often sell certain number of bookings to agencies or companies who promise to fill in the numbers and so it is true that guests may find at times our public tarif more expensive than with few of the agencies on line but with often conditions attached like pre-payment, non-Refundable etc also.

Understanding your disappointment, I would wish to propose you or your friends to please do not hesistate to contact our Guest Relations team for any of your future plans to visit our city Paris. I will be more than glad to assist you with your reservation process and will ensure that you will have a very pleasant stay with us.

Thank you once again for your contribution. They will certainly help us to improve the quality of our services.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is wonderfully decorated however a review of staff protocols is in need. Staff in the breakfast room in particular were very inefficient in terms of clearing tables or being able to make a decent hot drink. Three breakfasts three different beverages, three disappointments. Hygiene in the buffet was questionable. This was our second last hotel on a months trip through Europe and they had big shoes to fill, and failed. For top dollar I would expect better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to post such a constructive review on this website.

I have shared your feedback with our F&b Manager who is looking into your comments related to our services being provided in the restaurant.
We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude during the above mentioned service and please rest assured that required actions to improve the situation will be quickly taken.

I am on the other hand very satisfied to read that found our decoration wonderful.

I really hope to see you back again with us soon so please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for your next visit to our hotel.

Cordially,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Worst service ever. From every point of contact this hotel couldn't get its act together. Food and dirty dishes left in corridors. Very dated interiors. The opposite of an enchanting Parisian experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrGatsbys

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time taken in posting your review on trip advisor and I am very disappointed to learn about your feelings concerning your recent stay with us.

I understand that we have failed by all means in approaching your expectations even.
And so I would like to take this very opportunity to kindly request you to please e-mail me your comments in complete to our guestrelations@thegatecollection.com id, if you would wish to only inorder for us to understand the core reasons for your dissatisfaction and which will help our departments to ensure a similar situation does not recur in the future.

Thanking you once again for your courtesy, I look forward to hear from you again.

With my best wishes,